Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 Insider

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 14,571
    Windows 10 IoT
       #200

    System > Advanced system settings > Hardware (tab) > Device Installation Settings > select "No let me chose" then "Never install driver software from Windows update". Some are saying this doesn't work though?
    Also if you have Pro there is, https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8...dows-10-a.html
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #201

    @George

    Although Alphanumeric has just posted this link, it's worth posting again. Here are a number of options to disable automatic updates of almost anything. From our very own Shawn (Brink). The Tutorials section is our bestest friend.

    Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 66
    Win10TP
       #202

    Wynona said:
    @George

    Although Alphanumeric has just posted this link, it's worth posting again. Here are a number of options to disable automatic updates of almost anything. From our very own Shawn (Brink). The Tutorials section is our bestest friend.

    Windows Update Automatic Updates - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

    Hi Wynona!
    I sincerely agree with you... the tuts and the wisdom in these forums are fabulous and have helped me frequently! In this case, I note that Brink's Option 3 re drivers, and the previous advice you referred to, both lead to the same settings. I am ALMOST positive that is the same setting I made, but which the new build seems to have returned to the defaults. In any case, thanks again, and I have returned my driver update setting to "NO!!!", and I'll just wait to see what happens when the next build comes down. I still can't help wondering how many Moms and Pops are out there who don't know about our magic. I imagine lots of wailing and trips to the computer store. I hope some of these problems are among those that require "weeks or months" before the word arrives that their freeby has downloaded and awaits their button push.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 146
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #203

    Maybe they should just fix bugs instead of putting new "features" into it!? Windows 10 is unusable on (Atom) tablets right now (from the beginning of the insider program) because of the throttling bug.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 14,571
    Windows 10 IoT
       #204

    mkdr said:
    Maybe they should just fix bugs instead of putting new "features" into it!? Windows 10 is unusable on (Atom) tablets right now (from the beginning of the insider program) because of the throttling bug.
    Ah, where else would you have them test new features, other than the Insider builds? Isn't this what they are for?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 146
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #205

    alphanumeric said:
    Ah, where else would you have them test new features, other than the Insider builds? Isn't this what they are for?
    You know that this is so damn ironic, right? A new build for one toggle option for coloring the start menu which takes like 5 minutes to program? yes I know about the ram compression bla blub, which isnt something insideres are testing (can test) anyway. This goes on and on on the insider program always with those nonsense posts like "big news everyone! we got tons of feedback and are so happy to bring this new feature to you, because we got millions of requests for this incredible feature which took us months to implement. now you can change the desktop background by right clicking on the desktop in two clicks! enjoy! g" updated color options!!! more hats!! It was like this over the past year... if you look into the feedback app there are tons of incredible good ideas, take a bet, will they get implemented? no. take just a damn simple request like giving tablet users swipe keyboard like windows phone has... I guess it is even implemented already but just deactivated for pc/tablet users, because it is the same keyboard app on windows 10 phone.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #206

    mkdr said:
    Maybe they should just fix bugs instead of putting new "features" into it!? Windows 10 is unusable on (Atom) tablets right now (from the beginning of the insider program) because of the throttling bug.
    Actually, I think that's what Microsoft is doing with Windows 10 RTM. They're fixing bugs, but not adding new features.

    On the other paw, new features are released to those of us who are on the Windows Insider Program. Once we've tested, filed bugs, squashed bugs, Microsoft has fixed bugs and everything is to their satisfaction, then and only then will the results be released to the RTM Windows.

    So, bug fixes come from Microsoft (sometimes to RTM and sometimes to Windows Insiders). New features come (most probably) to Windows Insiders first and when Microsoft and the Insiders pronounce them good, those on the July 29 released version get updates.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 146
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #207

    Wynona said:
    Actually, I think that's what Microsoft is doing with Windows 10 RTM. They're fixing bugs, but not adding new features.

    On the other paw, new features are released to those of us who are on the Windows Insider Program. Once we've tested, filed bugs, squashed bugs, Microsoft has fixed bugs and everything is to their satisfaction, then and only then will the results be released to the RTM Windows.

    So, bug fixes come from Microsoft (sometimes to RTM and sometimes to Windows Insiders). New features come (most probably) to Windows Insiders first and when Microsoft and the Insiders pronounce them good, those on the July 29 released version get updates.
    Yeah... of course. And if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon. I had reported several bugs through the insider tool over 8 months ago, none of them were fixed, and all of them made it directly into the RTM build :~)
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 3,365
    W10 Pro x64/W7 Ultimate x64 dual boot main - W10 Pro Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64 - remote pc
       #208

    Bristolian said:
    I ended up having to reinstall windows 7, on a new HDD, and then upgrade to 10, as on my rolling back to 10240, several MS Apps, including the Store failed to work (and had long names with Manifest in them.).
    I tried refreshing Windows, but the PC encountered errors, and would only reboot and diagnose, before BSODing...

    Very Best Wishes,
    Bob.
    A much easier solution to solve everyone's problems is quite simple actually. But no one ever thinks of it. Before doing any type of upgrade install first learn... How to Create a System Image in Windows 10 which just happens to be an option in Windows since the Vista Ultimate days!

    If something gets pooched you simply restore the full system image backup you make ahead of time.
    Even with the newer test build you can restore the present 10 upgrade if not already having tended to a clean install like the one going on now to replace 7 Home Premium x86 on a laptop with 3gb for the 64bit flavor of 10 Home there. Plus a friend inquired about going from the 32bit 9 Home to the 64bit 10 Home.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2
    10 build 10525
       #209

    I am looking to get out of insider program. I already have 10525 build on my PC. I tried to load windows 10 RTM but give me error about unsupported directory. How do I get back to RTM (build 10240)? I tried to uninstall build 10525 to 10240 thru setting option but windows tell me the files needed are not there. Or can I just leave the insider program and wait for the RTM (build10240) to catch up with build 10525?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums