Earlier this year, we announced a preview of the new Outlook.com
that lets you make the most of the moments that matter to you, featuring a refined inbox, new ways to collaborate, an upgraded calendar and support for partner add-ins
. Today, we are pleased to announce new partnerships with Evernote, Yelp, IFTTT and Wunderlist to deliver solutions for both consumer and commercial Outlook users. Additionally, the Uber, PayPal, Evernote and Boomerang add-ins are beginning to roll out today. We’re excited about how partners are enhancing the Outlook experience through this integration.
In addition to new partners, we are also expanding the preview of the new Outlook.com to a broader audience. We enhanced the service based on feedback from our initial set of preview users and are broadening the rollout so that more users get access to these features faster.
Partner add-ins extend your email capabilities
Partner add-ins help you get more done right from your inbox—from finding cool restaurants for a dinner with friends to setting up a ride to get there and paying your portion of the tab. Here are more details on what you can do with these partner solutions:
- Uber—Need a ride to your meeting or event? No problem, set up an Uber ride reminder for any calendar event with a single tap. Prior to the time of your ride, you get an Uber reminder on your phone with the destination already set. Simply swipe the notification, confirm your Uber ride, and your car will be on its way! Starting today, the Uber add-in is available in Outlook 2013 and Outlook on the web for users with Office 365 and Exchange 2013 mailboxes. It’s coming to users of the new Outlook.com within the next month.
- PayPal—Need to pay your portion of the dinner tab or send money to your loved ones on their birthdays? You can do this directly from your inbox using the PayPal add-in for Outlook. Starting today, the PayPal add-in is available in Outlook 2013 and Outlook on the web for users with Office 365 and Exchange 2013 mailboxes. It’s coming to users of the new Outlook.com within the next month.
- Evernote—Sharing your work with colleagues is simple with the Evernote Outlook add-in. Start an email, use the add-in view to find the note you want, and click to send it on its way. You can also clip emails from Outlook to Evernote, save them into a designated notebook, and add tags for an extra level of organization. Working effectively in and out of your inbox has never been easier. Starting today, the Evernote add-in is available in Outlook 2013 and Outlook on the web for users with Office 365 mailboxes. It also works with Exchange 2013 mailboxes but requires your Exchange IT admin to install the add-in. It’s coming to users of the new Outlook.com within the next month.
- Boomerang—Schedule emails to send at the perfect time, get a reminder if your email doesn’t receive a response, and add a smart calendar assistant that lets you schedule meetings and share your real-time availability—all without leaving your email. Starting today, the Boomerang add-in is available in Outlook 2013 and Outlook on the web for users with Office 365 mailboxes. It’s coming to users of the new Outlook.com within the next month.
- IFTTT (coming soon to Outlook.com)—Want to add the weather report to your calendar at 6 a.m. every day? Or automatically send a notification to your phone when you receive a high importance mail? You will soon be able to use IFTTT to automate tasks and take action on your email in Outlook.com. It works anywhere, anytime, on any device. IFTTT is already available in Office 365. We are now excited to announce it’s coming soon to Outlook.com as well.
- Yelp (coming soon)—Need to find some cool restaurants for a dinner get-together with your friends? Stop the back and forth in email! Use the Yelp add-in in Outlook to find and suggest restaurants or coffee shops of your choice. The add-in will provide Yelp pictures, reviews, restaurant address and phone number and will insert these details directly into the body of your message or meeting invite.
Are you interested in building apps for Outlook?
- Wunderlist (coming soon)—You will be able to create to-dos within Wunderlist right from your email using the Wunderlist add-in in Outlook.com.
You can use Outlook add-ins and Outlook REST APIs for mail, calendar and contacts to reach both Office 365 and Outlook.com users. Learn more at dev.outlook.com
Join the conversation, we’re listening
As we expand the rollout of the new Outlook.com and add new partner solutions, we’re eager to hear your thoughts. Joining the conversation in the updated Outlook.com experience is easy—just click Feedback
under the gear icon and you can make your suggestion without leaving your inbox. If you’d like to see and vote on other ideas, you can always visit Outlook.UserVoice
and sign in with your Microsoft account.
We hope you’re eager to try out these new features. Watch this space for more news from the Outlook.com team, including new partner add-ins and features.
—The Outlook.com team