How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
  1. OldNavyGuy's Avatar
    Posts : 194
    Windows 10 Pro 1909
       #850

    f14tomcat said:
    This part has me a little baffled. Could you explain little more, please? Sounds like it installs then says it's not ready. My poor brain is
    The install stops...before completing...and displays the "not ready" message.

    Fully patched 1909 Pro system.

    So it appears Microsoft has changed the method of handling what happens when you try to force install on systems that have a block...which is fine with me.
      My Computer

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,883
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #851

    OldNavyGuy said:
    The install stops...before completing...and displays the "not ready" message.

    Fully patched 1909 Pro system.

    So it appears Microsoft has changed the method of handling what happens when you try to force install on systems that have a block...which is fine with me.
    Oh, ok... that makes sense now. It aborts "gracefully". I understand. That is better. I may test that later to watch the process. Thanks.
      My Computers

  3. larc919's Avatar
    Posts : 2,911
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #852

    Bree said:
    Do you have 7-Zip? You can open a .msi file in 7-Zip File Manager and browse its contents.
    The problem is that I don't have the file. 2004 keeps complaining it can't find a file called Utility support driver.msi, but I can't find it either.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 87
    10 pro 1909
       #853

    Hi All i have windows 10 2004 still not compatible is there anyway to install it like as in ensure it is compatible
      My Computer

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,883
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #854

    tzfrantic said:
    Hi All i have windows 10 2004 still not compatible is there anyway to install it like as in ensure it is compatible

    I would strongly advise against that. Don't try to force an install of 2004. Using an ISO or MCT or Update Assistant may cause you a boatload of problems. I have no proof whatsoever of this, but based on the growing unavailability of 2004, even for those who had the option and it went missing by itself, plus the lack of progress on hard hold known issues, it's my opinion, mine alone, that MS has or is slowly but unofficially pulling the release. Again, I have no proof, just IMO.
      My Computers

  6. Caledon Ken's Avatar
    Posts : 20,942
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909
       #855

    f14tomcat said:
    I would strongly advise against that. Don't try to force an install of 2004. Using an ISO or MCT or Update Assistant may cause you a boatload of problems. I have no proof whatsoever of this, but based on the growing unavailability of 2004, even for those who had the option and it went missing by itself, plus the lack of progress on hard hold known issues, it's my opinion, mine alone, that MS has or is slowly but unofficially pulling the release. Again, I have no proof, just IMO.



    At a minimum if you still decide to do this take an Image backup.
      My Computer

  7. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,883
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #856

    Caledon Ken said:


    At a minimum if you still decide to do this take an Image backup.
    Strong
      My Computers


  8. ThrashZone's Avatar
    Posts : 6,354
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       #857

    tzfrantic said:
    Hi All i have windows 10 2004 still not compatible is there anyway to install it like as in ensure it is compatible
    Hi,
    Sure media creation tool for the iso for 2004
    Open the iso right click setup.exe and run as administrator
    Disconnect from the internet.

    But yes before at the least create a system image of the current install to a removable hard drive first and disconnect it from the system.

    Got mine all setup with chredge and everything.
    Then system imaged that and restored back to 1909.
      My Computers

  9. Zardoc's Avatar
    Posts : 251
    Windows 10 Enterprise
       #858

    I also think that MS is backing away from the release. Maybe patch Tuesday will put things back in order. Still, I won't hold my breath.
      My Computer

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,883
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #859

    tzfrantic said:
    Hi All i have windows 10 2004 still not compatible is there anyway to install it like as in ensure it is compatible
    ThrashZone said:
    Hi,
    Sure media creation tool for the iso for 2004
    Open the iso right click setup.exe and run as administrator
    Disconnect from the internet.

    But yes before at the least create a system image of the current install to a removable hard drive first and disconnect it from the system.

    Got mine all setup with chredge and everything.
    Then system imaged that and restored back to 1909.
    How does that ensure it is compatible?
      My Computers


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:25.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums