KB4556799 CU Win 10 v1903 build 18362.836 and v1909 build 18363.836 Win Update

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
  1. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 4,103
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 1909 18363.836
       #130

    IronZorg89 said:
    Not really sure about the analogy made, because those who wrote these articles are very well aware that not everybody is having these issues.
    Yet the article was written as if the update was a total failure. More like click bait than actual substance
      My Computers

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 48,963
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 19640
    Thread Starter
       #131

    UPDATE 5/21:

    New known issue added for KB4556799. See first post for more details.
      My Computers

  3. IronZorg89's Avatar
    Posts : 1,696
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #132

    sygnus21 said:
    Yet the article was written as if the update was a total failure. More like click bait than actual substance
    Honestly, I haven't read the whole article, but the one I have referred to and written by "The Redmond Cloud" was read entirely. Some writers might have exaggerated the facts, but who am I to judge. The fact remains that this update has caused some havoc for a certain number of users. And I don't think all the writers are playing "Click bait" and even less so for the users reporting these bugs.
      My Computers

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 47,487
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #133

    IronZorg89 said:
    Honestly, I haven't read the whole article, but the one I have referred to and written by "The Redmond Cloud" was read entirely. Some writers might have exaggerated the facts, but who am I to judge. The fact remains that this update has caused some havoc for a certain number of users. And I don't think all the writers are playing "Click bait" and even less so for the users reporting these bugs.
    I agree, not all writers are declaring Armageddon. A small percentage are simply doing what they always do, ratchet it up to get "Blog Points", which translate into ad revenue. That part of the world will survive COVID.
      My Computers

  5. IronZorg89's Avatar
    Posts : 1,696
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #134

    f14tomcat said:
    I agree, not all writers are declaring Armageddon. A small percentage are simply doing what they always do, ratchet it up to get "Blog Points", which translate into ad revenue. That part of the world will survive COVID.
    Agreed!
      My Computers

  6. Barman58's Avatar
    Posts : 3,630
    Windows 10 Pro x64 2004 - 19041 - 264 XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       #135

    It's always been the same since the days of the printed newspaper

    "News sells, but bad news sells more"

    You phrase the information in a way that is best for your sales.
      My Computers

  7. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 16,753
    W10 Insider + Linux
       #136

    Barman58 said:
    It's always been the same since the days of the printed newspaper

    "News sells, but bad news sells more"

    You phrase the information in a way that is best for your sales.
    And if there's no news, make one up.
      My Computers


  8. Barman58's Avatar
    Posts : 3,630
    Windows 10 Pro x64 2004 - 19041 - 264 XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.1 in VM for testing
       #137

    So true
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 1,118
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro
       #138

    sygnus21 said:
    Would it matter if the vast majority didn't have issues? The article is sort of like going to a hospital and declaring the world is sick because the patients in the hospital are sick.
    NO -- it's NOT.

    It's like saying SOME of the people that go into hospital die there. And that is TRUE -- some do.

    Most do NOT.

    But if you're one of the few, that either die in hospital, or (maybe worse!) have your PC trashed by this update -- it does not matter to you if most other people are not affected. It only matters to you that YOUR PC got trashed -- and MS is either unwilling or unable to fix it for you.

    Besides -- Journalists don't get paid for writing articles about millions of people NOT being affected by something; they get paid for writing articles about the handful that ARE affected.
      My Computer

  10. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 4,103
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 1909 18363.836
       #139

    CountMike said:
    And if there's no news, make one up.
      My Computers


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:20.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums