Cloudflare Announcing Beta for WARP for macOS and Windows

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
  1. jh30uk's Avatar
    Posts : 251
    Windows 10
       #80

    I was meaning my actual browsing, I know it was buggy back then.

    I already have NordVPN (got back to back 3 year deals) but really do not use it as do not care TBH.
      My Computer

  2. Callender's Avatar
    Posts : 4,047
    N/A
       #81

    jh30uk said:
    I was meaning my actual browsing, I know it was buggy back then.

    I already have NordVPN (got back to back 3 year deals) but really do not use it as do not care TBH.
    Well connection speed would affect browsing speed but page loads could be speeded up.

    Speed up the loading of webpages in Firefox with Faster Pageload - gHacks Tech News

    As for VPN I use DewVPN free with split tunnelling but only enabled if and when I need to change location to access region locked content.
      My Computer

  3. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,930
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #82

    Callender said:
    One of the main points is that your ISP won't see which sites you visit.
    Since I don't visit any of "those" sites, I don't have anything I don't want my ISP to see.

    But, yeah, that's a good thing to have. What about all those cookies? I'm assuming this doesn't take the place of my VPN.
      My Computer

  4. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,930
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #83

    So, what that said to me is that Cloudflare isn't talking.
      My Computer

  5. NMI's Avatar
    NMI
    Posts : 688
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2
       #84

    Wynona said:
    So, what that said to me is that Cloudflare isn't talking.
    It said to me that they did:

    Cloudflare ESNI Checker | Cloudflare 8 is specific to ESNI so it is expected that Firefox 85 and newer with ECH instead of ESNI would fail this test.
      My Computer

  6. Callender's Avatar
    Posts : 4,047
    N/A
       #85

    Wynona said:
    What about all those cookies? I'm assuming this doesn't take the place of my VPN.
    The thread isn't about cookies. I just mentioned privacy as per snooping by ISP. As for cookies - for me each cookie gets automatcally deleted on tab close or domain change. Then I use Trace Premium add on most of the time along with Clean Links addon.
    Last edited by Callender; 07 Feb 2021 at 11:49. Reason: typo
      My Computer

  7. Callender's Avatar
    Posts : 4,047
    N/A
       #86

    Wynona said:
    I'm assuming this doesn't take the place of my VPN.
    You're correct. Warp does not hide your IP address but your VPN should hide it.
      My Computer

  8. krzemien's Avatar
    Posts : 689
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #87

    Naturally, should have used my brain as that's allegedly what it's for. Thanks a bunch!
      My Computers

  9. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,930
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #88

    Callender said:
    The thread isn't about cookies. I just mentioned privacy as per snooping by ISP. As for cookies - for me each cookie gets automatcally deleted on tab close or domain change. Then I use Trace Premium add on most of the time along with Clean Links addon.
    I know. And right about now, I'm just totally confused.
      My Computer

  10. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 27,930
    Windows 10 2404 Build 19042.867
       #89

    Callender said:
    You're correct. Warp does not hide your IP address but your VPN should hide it.
    What I thought, but if I don't ask the question, I'll still be dumber'n a rock.
      My Computer


 
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:01.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums