Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19577.1000 - March 5 Insider

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
  1. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,445
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #120

    marlute said:
    Thanks Kado, will try a ISO, see if that fixes it. And just on another question, even though I have restore point turned on, for some reason there isn't any RPs listed after each build. Is that an issue of recent times or with this current build?
    That's correct and, I think, has always been so. Because of the volume of changes in an upgrade MS wipes them during the upgrade. You can revert to the previous build if needed during the first 10 days but even then the RPs are not restored.
      My Computer

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,332
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #121
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       #122

    kado897 said:
    That's correct and, I think, has always been so. Because of the volume of changes in an upgrade MS wipes them during the upgrade. You can revert to the previous build if needed during the first 10 days but even then the RPs are not restored.
    Thanks for the info, good to know. So the best bet would be to do a manual RP, so that there is always at leat one on the sysytem?
      My Computer

  4. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,445
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #123

    marlute said:
    Thanks for the info, good to know. So the best bet would be to do a manual RP, so that there is always at leat one on the sysytem?
    Yes, but it's not wise to rely on RPs as a backup, they have a habit of failing.
      My Computer

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,136
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #124

    kado897 said:
    Yes, but it's not wise to rely on RPs as a backup, they have a habit of failing.
    There are not enough in the world for that. Good thing is they only fail when you need one.
      My Computers

  6. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,445
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #125

    f14tomcat said:
    There are not enough in the world for that. Good thing is they only fail when you need one.
    Lol.
      My Computer

  7. IronZorg89's Avatar
    Posts : 2,242
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #126

    marlute said:
    Thanks for the info, good to know. So the best bet would be to do a manual RP, so that there is always at leat one on the sysytem?
    You can instead create a task in Task Scheduler to have a RP at each startup and forget about it.
    Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10
      My Computers

  8. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,332
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #127
      My Computers

  9. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 13,511
    Windows 10 Pro X64 20H4 19042.746
       #128

    IronZorg89 said:
    You can instead create a task in Task Scheduler to have a RP at each startup and forget about it.
    Automatically Create System Restore Point at Startup in Windows 10
    Have you tried this recently? Does it work?
      My Computers

  10. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 9,320
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 dev channel
       #129

    f14tomcat said:
    There are not enough in the world for that. Good thing is they only fail when you need one.
    How very true TC .

    I always ensure RPs are turned off these days and just use Macrium Reflect.
      My Computer


 
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:02.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums