Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19577.1000 - March 5 Insider

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,328
       #100

    Cliff S said:
    Those godd$%&ed Microbrain idiots!!!
    Yep! Say no more... LOL (#WTF)

    Cliff S said:
    How the heck did an update change the Windows version?
    The registry has been messed up for a while now with Enterprise entries on Pro..
      My Computer

  2. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,551
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #101

    Going back to the check-point worked
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19577.1000 - March 5-image.png
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19577.1000 - March 5-image.png

    And weirdly, the update went faster from the old July version, than from the last version
      My Computers

  3. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,445
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #102

    Cliff S said:
    Going back to the check-point worked
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19577.1000 - March 5-image.png
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19577.1000 - March 5-image.png

    And weirdly, the update went faster from the old July version, than from the last version
    Probably got screwed up in the interim. If I get a persistent failure to update I go back to a version I know can be updated.
      My Computer

  4. Bench Virgin's Avatar
    Posts : 377
    win 10 pro
       #103

    Going into Safe mode will give a GSOD on my system, did this 2x already.
    local reset works fine, command didn't work with current or identifier.

    The cloud recovery option for Reset this PC isn’t working on this build. Please use the local reinstall option when performing Reset this PC.
    Last edited by Bench Virgin; 08 Mar 2020 at 12:54. Reason: updating
      My Computers

  5. smactilactus's Avatar
    Posts : 606
    latest Win10 Insider build
       #104

    And once again system restore is gone... In the last two builds, system restore was active and working. Now, with this new build, it is once again grayed out for me. So wondering if anyone else still have ability to use it?
      My Computer

  6. linw's Avatar
    Posts : 1,908
    win 10 Insider
       #105

    Restore was off but I was able to turn it on.
      My Computers

  7. thomaseg1's Avatar
    Posts : 13,331
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.804 & 21327.1000
       #106

    smactilactus said:
    And once again system restore is gone... In the last two builds, system restore was active and working. Now, with this new build, it is once again grayed out for me. So wondering if anyone else still have ability to use it?
    A very good reason for using Macrium reflect , Acronis or other imaging software.
    System restore has always been flaky for me. Either the restore point was missing or it failed.
    Using an external drive to image to, I have restored successfully a number of times.
      My Computers

  8. linw's Avatar
    Posts : 1,908
    win 10 Insider
       #107

    I hope you are not suggesting we are using restore as a backup.
      My Computers

  9. neveready's Avatar
    Posts : 237
    windows 10 Build 20215
       #108

    Mine was working but i disabled it.
      My Computers

  10. thomaseg1's Avatar
    Posts : 13,331
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.804 & 21327.1000
       #109

    linw said:
    I hope you are not suggesting we are using restore as a backup.
    Actually many folks think just that.

    For me there is a difference in time .Restoring from SR usually took about 30 minutes or so,
    while restoring from an image takes less the 15 minutes with a 65 gig image.
      My Computers


 
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:38.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums