Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19569.1000 - February 20 Insider

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,285
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #160
      My Computers

  2. N9NU's Avatar
    Posts : 155
    Windows 10, Debian Devel, FreeNAS, Zentynal
       #161

    I reported the Auto time zone deal to Win IP forums on MS. I had mine disabled in SERVICES.MSC, however, it still doesn't play nice.

    Tim
      My Computers

  3. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 10,474
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #162

    martyfelker said:
    Running both a shared VM of this build (local account) and a remote connection (no local accounts are allowed) in a Gen 2 Hyper-V VM using VMware 20H1. I'll forgo the screenprint - I guess you can trust me (or not). Since I assume you meet the minimum VMware standards for 20H1 viz

    Software Requirements

    • Windows 10 20H1 from Windows insider program. Minimum build number: 19041.

    Hardware Requirements

    • Intel Haswell or newer CPU
    • AMD Bulldozer or newer CPU

    I can only suggest you ask for help on the VMware Community Forum and hope for the best.
    Hi there

    @martyfelker :

    Thanks for the info

    Bummer as it looks like CPU's are too old !!!! (Intel Celeron !!!, Intel XEON E3 ) and AMD Opteron 4X.

    I've got a more modern laptop so I'll have a go on that one just test out of curiosity. Mind you the dual XEON machine I'm running on currently is blindingly fast anyway !!!! even if those dual CPU's are in computing terms from a "geological" era ago. Might treat myself to some new hardware around XMAS time but I'm happy with what I've got currently.

    VMWare 20H1 Does run on these older CPU's but I can't get HYPER-V and VMWARE to run concurrently - but at least I can still use the evaluation until october !!!

    For me though as I don't really intend on using HYPER-V (as I usually run Linux Hosts) it's not a major issue -- KVM/QEMU and VMWare work concurrently anyway (even the previous release(s) of VMWare WKS.

    Cheers

    jimbo
      My Computer

  4. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,285
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #163

    It's Wednesay and we wanted to ship a new preview build, but we've hit a flight-blocking bug with this week's candidate. A fix is already in the works and it should be remedied for next week's build.

    No new Fast ring build for this week!

      My Computers

  5. swarfega's Avatar
    Posts : 7,086
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #164

    Darn it!
      My Computers

  6. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 2,430
    Windows Insider Fast Ring LatestKUuuntu 20.10
       #165

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there

    @martyfelker :

    Thanks for the info

    Bummer as it looks like CPU's are too old !!!! (Intel Celeron !!!, Intel XEON E3 ) and AMD Opteron 4X.

    I've got a more modern laptop so I'll have a go on that one just test out of curiosity. Mind you the dual XEON machine I'm running on currently is blindingly fast anyway !!!! even if those dual CPU's are in computing terms from a "geological" era ago. Might treat myself to some new hardware around XMAS time but I'm happy with what I've got currently.

    VMWare 20H1 Does run on these older CPU's but I can't get HYPER-V and VMWARE to run concurrently - but at least I can still use the evaluation until october !!!

    For me though as I don't really intend on using HYPER-V (as I usually run Linux Hosts) it's not a major issue -- KVM/QEMU and VMWare work concurrently anyway (even the previous release(s) of VMWare WKS.

    Cheers

    jimbo
    I was amazed that my Ryzen was new enough!
      My Computers

  7. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 10,474
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #166

    Brink said:
    It's Wednesay and we wanted to ship a new preview build, but we've hit a flight-blocking bug with this week's candidate. A fix is already in the works and it should be remedied for next week's build.

    No new Fast ring build for this week!

    Hi there

    So Windows really can have Drapes / Curtains on them after all - or have the Window Cleaners all gone AWOL this week !!

    Looking for the build though whenever it comes. Hopefully more interesting stuff than "Iconmania" though.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

  8. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,060
    Windows 10
       #167

    Finally, a clean install of this Build!

    Smooth and snappy, so far.

    No issues.
      My Computer

  9. N9NU's Avatar
    Posts : 155
    Windows 10, Debian Devel, FreeNAS, Zentynal
       #168

    Ok guys. A silly question from a silly person.

    (Q) Of the two 'rings/branches' below (1 & 2), which is the absolute latest with respect to features....or um...lol...does the 20H1 feature update ISO INCLUDE ALL the features of the 195xx.xx (FAST) version/build (ISO) while adding new features that are currently NOT present in the 195xx.xx/FAST ring and IN DUE TIME which will be or are scheduled to be present in the very next Windows 10 'official release' ??

    Geez....all that...does that ? even freaking make sense?? LOL

    (A) ??
    1) Upcoming Windows 10 Feature Update (20H1) - 190xx.xx
    2) Active Development Builds of Windows 10 - 195xx.xx

    Tim
      My Computers

  10. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 1,226
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #169

    N9NU said:
    Ok guys. A silly question from a silly person.

    (Q) Of the two 'rings/branches' below (1 & 2), which is the absolute latest with respect to features....or um...lol...does the 20H1 feature update ISO INCLUDE ALL the features of the 195xx.xx (FAST) version/build (ISO) while adding new features that are currently NOT present in the 195xx.xx/FAST ring and IN DUE TIME which will be or are scheduled to be present in the very next Windows 10 'official release' ??

    Geez....all that...does that ? even freaking make sense?? LOL

    (A) ??
    1) Upcoming Windows 10 Feature Update (20H1) - 190xx.xx
    2) Active Development Builds of Windows 10 - 195xx.xx

    Tim
    Being in the fast ring would give you latest features, 195xx
      My Computers


 
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:04.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums