Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19559.1000 - February 5 Insider

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 52,980
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #30

    kado897 said:
    Interesting observations. Windows.old is smaller than using WU and the resulting installed image is also smaller.
    May have nothing to do with it, but I noticed it had compressed the OS.

    Compress or Uncompress Windows 10 with Compact OS

    command:

    compact /compactos:query
      My Computers

  2. magilla's Avatar
    Posts : 3,112
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #31

    f14tomcat said:
    Get a fresh script from UUPDump.
    So, youíre saying donít do uup to iso method?
      My Computer

  3. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 52,980
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #32

    magilla said:
    So, youíre saying donít do uup to iso method?
    That I believe is non-functional, or has issues, has been for quite a while. That's why we all use UUPDump UUP dump

    You can verify with @Kari.
      My Computers

  4. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 9,300
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 dev channel
       #33

    Relatively fast for me, 58 minutes from start of download to desktop.


    Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19559.1000 - February 5-19559.png
      My Computer

  5. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,289
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #34

    f14tomcat said:
    May have nothing to do with it, but I noticed it had compressed the OS.

    Compress or Uncompress Windows 10 with Compact OS

    command:

    compact /compactos:query
    That could explain the smaller image.
      My Computer

  6. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 9,300
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 dev channel
       #35

    f14tomcat said:
    May have nothing to do with it, but I noticed it had compressed the OS.

    Compress or Uncompress Windows 10 with Compact OS

    command:

    compact /compactos:query
    I get this using that command TC.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>compact /compactos:query
    The system is not in the Compact state because Windows has determined that, it
    is not beneficial for this system.


    So it's intelligent and uses what's best for my system

    I seem to remember that option was also there in Windows 7.
      My Computer

  7. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 52,980
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #36

    DooGie said:
    I get this using that command TC.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32>compact /compactos:query
    The system is not in the Compact state because Windows has determined that, it
    is not beneficial for this system.


    So it's intelligent and uses what's best for my system

    I seem to remember that option was also there in Windows 7.
    Just to be clear, did you state that an MS function is intelligent? Just verifying..............................

    There are a few results it will spit out. Another is:

    The system is not in the Compact state but may become so if necessary.
      My Computers

  8. WEKJR's Avatar
    Posts : 504
    Win10 20236.1000 64bit Pro and Win7 SP1 Ultimate
       #37

    Installed 19559 using WU in approx. 60 minutes with no problems.


    WEK
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 19559.1000 - February 5-15999-1000.png
      My Computers

  9. swarfega's Avatar
    Posts : 7,084
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #38

    Installed ok.
      My Computers

  10. magilla's Avatar
    Posts : 3,112
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #39

    f14tomcat said:
    That I believe is non-functional, or has issues, has been for quite a while. That's why we all use UUPDump UUP dump

    You can verify with @Kari.
    I just used uup to iso about 4 days ago to make an iso of slow build in order to install it on another drive. Installed with no problem and checked with sfc and dism and no errors reported on the install.
      My Computer


 
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:37.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums