New Chromium based Microsoft Edge now generally available  


  1. NMI
    Posts : 1,094
    Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2
       #540

    GARoss said:
    For some reason my virus protection, PC Matic, won't allow the new Edge to open. If I pause PC Matic the new edge opens fine.
    I uninstalled the new Edge & tried the older Edge & it opened without an issue. Any idea how to fix this?
    You would need to ask PC Matic about a permanent solution, but they suggest a temporary workaround on their forum:

    Microsoft Edge - Beta & Dev (chromium) [with PC Matic]
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 26,223
    Windows 11 Pro 22631.2361
       #541

    Edwin said:
    Just download Canary for the 83rd time, let's see what I can do!
    Intel Core i7-10700K Features 5.30 GHz Turbo Boost and more
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 398
    Windows 11 Pro 64-bit, Version 22H2 (OS Build 22622.290)
       #542

    NMI said:
    You would need to ask PC Matic about a permanent solution, but they suggest a temporary workaround on their forum:

    Microsoft Edge - Beta & Dev (chromium) [with PC Matic]
    PC Matic had me reinstall to version pcmaticss3.0.24.3-setup.exe which fixed the issue.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 88
    Windows 10 Pro x64 (Insider Beta)
       #543

    Has anyone else noticed an issue where Edge won't open links from Mail? I just noticed this happening on my laptop. When I click on a link, the "Open With" dialog box pops up. If I choose Edge, the box just reopens itself again. I ended up having to copy the links and paste them into Edge. My laptop is on 20H1 Slow Ring build 19041.84 and Edge Chromium Stable is set as the default browser.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 207
    Windows 10
       #544

    MattMcD488 said:
    Has anyone else noticed an issue where Edge won't open links from Mail? I just noticed this happening on my laptop. When I click on a link, the "Open With" dialog box pops up. If I choose Edge, the box just reopens itself again. I ended up having to copy the links and paste them into Edge. My laptop is on 20H1 Slow Ring build 19041.84 and Edge Chromium Stable is set as the default browser.
    Having no issue using Edge Version 80.0.361.50 (Official build) (64-bit
    opening windows Mail and clicking on a link within the mail - or using Gmail
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #545

    xsteveuk said:
    Having no issue using Edge Version 80.0.361.50 (Official build) (64-bit
    opening windows Mail and clicking on a link within the mail - or using Gmail
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 5,896
    Win 11 Pro (x64) 22H2
       #546

    MattMcD488 said:
    Has anyone else noticed an issue where Edge won't open links from Mail?
    Define "won't open links from Mail"? You mean opening links direct from an email? Cause if that's the case I have no issues myself.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 88
    Windows 10 Pro x64 (Insider Beta)
       #547

    xsteveuk said:
    Having no issue using Edge Version 80.0.361.50 (Official build) (64-bit
    opening windows Mail and clicking on a link within the mail - or using Gmail
    What's odd is that it works perfectly fine on my desktop, running the same OS build and Edge build... On my laptop though, Edge won't open any links or PDF files...
      My Computers


  9. NMI
    Posts : 1,094
    Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2
       #548

    MattMcD488 said:
    What's odd is that it works perfectly fine on my desktop, running the same OS build and Edge build... On my laptop though, Edge won't open any links or PDF files...
    Check Settings, Apps, Default apps, Set defaults by app, Microsoft Edge, Manage, HTTP and HTTPS.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 88
    Windows 10 Pro x64 (Insider Beta)
       #549

    I was able to finally get it sorted out through some trial and error. Unfortunately, setting Edge Chromium as default for each of the protocols/file types (HTTP, HTTPS, and PDF) in Settings had no effect because it was already set as the default for all of them as it was the only installed browser. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling Edge Chromium. After that, e-mail links would open correctly, but PDF files still would not. I uninstalled it again and opened a PDF in legacy Edge because I wanted to see if it was a system-wide issue or an Edge Chromium issue. The PDF opened fine in legacy Edge so I decided to try one last time reinstalling Edge Chromium. Everything seems to be working fine now, but I'm still really confused as to why it was behaving that way...
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:33.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums