New Chromium based Microsoft Edge now generally available  

Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 5,038
    Windows 10/11 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Cybersecurity Specialty.
       #370

    Well, I despise Google Chrome.

    The New Edge has a new engine but not the awful bloat that Chrome does and it is faster as well.
    If it gives me trouble, off it goes.

    Let's see.

      My Computer


  2. Posts : 404
    Windows 10
       #371

    Why was this Edge BETA thread CLOSED? Introducing Microsoft Edge Beta: Be one of the first to try it now

    Should I remove the Edge BETA from my P.C., now that it's been promoted to the Official Release version?

    Also, out of curiosity, I downloaded the DEVELOPER version of Edge. It's faster than Release or Beta. Doesn't feel "experimental" at all.

    What's the best way to remove BETA from my P.C. without adversely affecting the Regular or Developer versions?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 421
    Windows 10
       #372

    Might as well remove it if you have the official release version...Just uninstall the beta version...it was installed as a separate download, so it will have no affect at all on the released version that replaced the old edge...just go to the install/uninstall section in windows 10 and click on uninstall...

    When you are ready to remove dev version, just do the same thing...
    Frankly, at this point i don't see much reason to use canary/beta/dev versions anymore....
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 68
    Windows 10 x 64 Home
       #373

    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but I tried to install the release version before uninstalling the Beta version, and my system slowed down to a crawl. Uninstalled the Beta after that, and all was well again.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 404
    Windows 10
       #374

    Craig said:
    Might as well remove it if you have the official release version...Just uninstall the beta version...it was installed as a separate download, so it will have no affect at all on the released version that replaced the old edge...just go to the install/uninstall section in windows 10 and click on uninstall...

    When you are ready to remove dev version, just do the same thing...
    Frankly, at this point i don't see much reason to use canary/beta/dev versions anymore....
    Thank-you. I wasn't sure if the Release/Beta/Dev versions of Edge were somehow interconnected, and removing one would disrupt the other two in some way. When I downloaded/installed the Beta and Developer, my bookmarks and top sites auto-migrated to those two platforms. That was kind of neat.

    I'll remove BETA, but keep Developer, because there are still some Print functions I'm hoping will be coming along, that will give Edge the same flexibility Firefox has in that area. The "old" Edge had more print output format options. Chrome-based took them away. I'll keep suggesting in the BETA "feedback", to restore those print options.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2,205
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #375

    Meet the Microsoft Edge team!
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 3,269
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #376

    I tried again to use the new Edge/Chrome update. Once again, I am not able to get my RoboForm Extension to work -- it doesn't find any of my previously created passwords. Shows a blank list. So, I once again had to roll back to previous Edge version. I keep on trying to get used to Edge. It is a different user experience.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 17,838
    Windows 10
       #377

    Did they seriously emboss the front of a Surface with an Edge logo!?!?!?

    New Chromium based Microsoft Edge now generally available-003274.png
      My Computer


  9. NMI
    Posts : 1,094
    Windows 11 Pro, Version 22H2
       #378

    Edwin;1i830253 said:
    Did they seriously emboss the front of a Surface with an Edge logo!?!?!?
    I think it's a sticker they were handing out at Ignite:


    Although that one appears to be "dark mode"!
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,099
    Win 10 pro Upgraded from 8.1
       #379

    magilla said:
    I tried again to use the new Edge/Chrome update. Once again, I am not able to get my RoboForm Extension to work -- it doesn't find any of my previously created passwords. Shows a blank list. So, I once again had to roll back to previous Edge version. I keep on trying to get used to Edge. It is a different user experience.
    For me, once E/C was installed I added my extensions RoboForm being one of them. Once I installed it and turn it on it asked me to log onto my Roboform Online account. once I logged on to my Online Account all my password were there. The same for all 4 of my Win 10 Pro computers I'm using the Everywhere Version 8.6.6.6
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:11.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums