New Chromium based Microsoft Edge now generally available  

Page 16 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 207
    Windows 10
       #150

    Steve C said:
    Do people prefer Edge Chromium to Chrome by Google and if so, why?
    I have always used Chrome But getting the new edge browser I decided to go with the new Edge browser
    I can use all the extensions I had on chrome - on the new edge browser and imported all favourites
    and uninstalled chrome. My only gripe about the new edge is that you cannot install themes as wanted the single black frame bar That I had on chrome other than that I'm very happy with the new edge browser :)
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 622
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #151

    Any reason why CCleaner won't clean temp file in Edge Chromium like it did in the old Edge?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 6,265
    22H2 64 Bit Pro
       #152

    reddice said:
    Any reason why CCleaner won't clean temp file in Edge Chromium like it did in the old Edge?
    It's because it requires a cleaning rules update which is not yet included in Ccleaner.

    However see this thread and read to the bottom.

    MS Edge Chromium and CCleaner

    Then check out this post:

    Latest CCleaner Version Released

    Imported "Microsoft Edge Insider" cleanup rules should work.

      My Computer


  4. Posts : 86
    windows 10
       #153

    kado897 said:
    You can use Chrome extensions.
    Just downloaded EDge off MS site. Have Questions!

    I have added two extensions. Lastpass from MS store and Ublock origin from Chrome Store. No problem

    Is there a way to have both sources of extensions come up from the moreTools-Extensions menu so we can choose source? Or is there some other way to easily access Chrome extensions?

    Initially Edge asked if I wanted to use as default. I said no. Is that option somewhere else in menus? I looked, but maybe not hard enough!

    At some point, I saw a menu where I could choose which browser to use. I included Internet Explorer. I have one site that will only work on IE, so I need how to find that.

    Can't really see a reason to use Edge over Chrome yet. But maybe one will show up. With Android phone, maybe better to stay with Chrome?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 11,246
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #154

    Hi folks

    If you need CCleaner or any of those other rubbish 3rd party apps (shouldn't be necessary on a modern 21st cent OS) then it shows the system isn't that great.

    IMO FF will do for me

    I HATE browsers without menu's and decent toolbars

    No way am I going to keep this one --

    and "Peeps" forget rabbitting on about which browser is faster --not an issue these days --usually problem about browser speeds is due either to the Internet speed (both inbound and outbound) and the load on the target website --apart from any poor coding in the target website once you've logged on.

    These days on a decent computer --accessing the same website at the SAME TIME with different browsers won't result in much (or any) significant time difference,

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 50,055
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #155

    agent99 said:
    Just downloaded EDge off MS site. Have Questions!

    I have added two extensions. Lastpass from MS store and Ublock origin from Chrome Store. No problem

    Is there a way to have both sources of extensions come up from the moreTools-Extensions menu so we can choose source? Or is there some other way to easily access Chrome extensions?

    Initially Edge asked if I wanted to use as default. I said no. Is that option somewhere else in menus? I looked, but maybe not hard enough!

    At some point, I saw a menu where I could choose which browser to use. I included Internet Explorer. I have one site that will only work on IE, so I need how to find that.

    Can't really see a reason to use Edge over Chrome yet. But maybe one will show up. With Android phone, maybe better to stay with Chrome?
    Favorite the Chrome store website.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 421
    Windows 10
       #156

    Just type "default" in the search engine at the bottom of your start menu....Go to "web browsers" and select "Microsoft Edge"...you can change that as often as you like...
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 7,254
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #157

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi folks

    If you need CCleaner or any of those other rubbish 3rd party apps (shouldn't be necessary on a modern 21st cent OS) then it shows the system isn't that great.

    IMO FF will do for me

    I HATE browsers without menu's and decent toolbars

    No way am I going to keep this one --

    and "Peeps" forget rabbitting on about which browser is faster --not an issue these days --usually problem about browser speeds is due either to the Internet speed (both inbound and outbound) and the load on the target website --apart from any poor coding in the target website once you've logged on.

    These days on a decent computer --accessing the same website at the SAME TIME with different browsers won't result in much (or any) significant time difference,

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Not sure what you mean by "without menus", both Chrome and Edge have menus as do most popular browsers.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #158

    I don't think Edge has menu bar like the one found in FF and Chrome with File, Edit, View, Bookmarks...etc
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 7,254
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #159

    IronZorg89 said:
    I don't think Edge has menu bar like the one found in FF and Chrome with File, Edit, View, Bookmarks...etc
    AFAIk only Firefox has that older style menu bar.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums