RIP Windows 7  

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 7,254
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #90

    This is common in most commercial software, you don't own it, you simply agree with the publisher to use it. Also please don't call it spying.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 17,838
    Windows 10
       #91

    Good enough for me!

    RIP Windows 7-000107.png
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5,038
    Windows 10/11 Pro x64, Various Linux Builds, Networking, Storage, Cybersecurity Specialty.
       #92

    Funny...

    Two of my doctor's large medical practices still use W7.

    They say that it's more stable.

      My Computer


  4. Posts : 228
    win10 20H2
       #93

    interesting side thought; what happens if a customer complains about that? Would they have any leverage, under data protection acts etc to keep data safe and secure, to force them to move to a non-obsolete OS?
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,247
    Windows 10 Pro (Build 19043.1110)
       #94

    In case anyone is interested, the free update to 10 from 7 still works. I just updated my girlfriend's HP laptop running Win 7 Pro this morning, and it (mercifully) went very smoothly - and, it was activated! I wonder if MS is ever going to crack down on free updates. Anyway, it's done.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 56,676
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
    Thread Starter
       #95

    sgage said:
    In case anyone is interested, the free update to 10 from 7 still works. I just updated my girlfriend's HP laptop running Win 7 Pro this morning, and it (mercifully) went very smoothly - and, it was activated! I wonder if MS is ever going to crack down on free updates. Anyway, it's done.
    IMO? It'll be around for a long while. It's great PR, helps appease the Win 7 crowd (don't mean that negatively), and costs them nothing. Why wouldn't they? It's in their best interest to move as many as possible to the current supported version.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 1,247
    Windows 10 Pro (Build 19043.1110)
       #96

    f14tomcat said:
    IMO? It'll be around for a long while. It's great PR, helps appease the Win 7 crowd (don't mean that negatively), and costs them nothing. Why wouldn't they? It's in their best interest to move as many as possible to the current supported version.
    That's pretty much what I'm thinking...
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 668
    Win 10 pro
       #97

    It seems ms is really trying bo build up users trust, like asking for just $ 0.99 for a codec originally available in win10 and then removed from the os:

    YouTube
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 469
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 x64
       #98

    roy111 said:
    It seems ms is really trying bo build up users trust, like asking for just $ 0.99 for a codec originally available in win10 and then removed from the os:

    YouTube
    I can't 'get' it for some weird reason.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 668
    Win 10 pro
       #99

    youtube link

    Code:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5Cqxz69EcE
      My Computer


 

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:12.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums