Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 700
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       15 Feb 2014 #21

    Lady Fitzgerald, post: 15252, member: 208 said:
    While I doubt it, it would be following the current trend, such as Acrobat X and XI, and Mac's OSX. Win IX and Win X would fit right in.
    Isn't that why Intel called it the "Pentium" and not the 568? If 586 was the processor type then they couldn't sue anyone for using the designation.

    Next time I buy a pair of tennis shoes I'll be certain to refer to them as pedestrian racket appliances.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       15 Feb 2014 #22

    MilesAhead, post: 15323, member: 195 said:
    Isn't that why Intel called it the "Pentium" and not the 568? If 586 was the processor type then they couldn't sue anyone for using the designation.

    Next time I buy a pair of tennis shoes I'll be certain to refer to them as pedestrian racket appliances.
    . . .ain't life fun. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 700
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       15 Feb 2014 #23

    Lee, post: 15324, member: 135 said:
    . . .ain't life fun. . .
    Only when i consider the alternative.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    21 Feb 2014 #24

    I agree with others here, no sense making changes just for changes sake. Most of what I've been reading about it sounds like purely cosmetic changes. Now, I'm pretty much a fanboy of Microsoft/Windows, I can't deny that, but c'mon now MS leave the customization to US! Its our machine let us use it, make it look like WE want it to! Not like your "vision" for us says it should look.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
       02 Mar 2014 #25

    Good grief. Now MS is turning to linux and mac? Isn't that a bit too much you've done in a year Microsoft?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 20,805
    Tower: W8.1; Laptop: W10 Pro build 10586; Windows Phone 8
       03 Mar 2014 #26

    Lady Fitzgerald, post: 14874, member: 208 said:
    If what the article suggests is true, it sounds like M$ is still making changes just for change's sake. What purpose would moving the task bar to the top of the screen serve? Better would be to allow users to put it where they want (I favor the left side myself).
    Please quit spreading FUD. You emphasized words and run with it similar to what this author does on a regular basis. "If what the article suggests is true"?!! No where does it state that MS is doing any such thing. It's about some young guy's design concept the author runs with dreaming about W9 > Absolute Lala Land! Geez.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 246
       07 Mar 2014 #27

    HippsieGypsie, post: 17175, member: 99 said:
    Please quit spreading FUD. You emphasized words and run with it similar to what this author does on a regular basis. "If what the article suggests is true"?!! No where does it state that MS is doing any such thing. It's about some young guy's design concept the author runs with dreaming about W9 > Absolute Lala Land! Geez.

    So I'm not allowed to have an opinion and something you disagree with is FUD (do you even know what FUD means)? Mayhap you missed where I said "if" (hint: it is the first word of the post).
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8.    09 Mar 2014 #28

    I tired of speculating about what is and isn't coming. Would love to see what they come up with. Can't wait for the alpha /beta screenshots to become available.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Posts : 700
    Host W8.0 x64 Guest W10 x86
       09 Mar 2014 #29

    bigseb, post: 17804, member: 98 said:
    I tired of speculating about what is and isn't coming. Would love to see what they come up with. Can't wait for the alpha /beta screenshots to become available.
    I heard Windows 10 will have the Taskbar set to AutoJump. Every time you try to click on it, it randomly jumps to a different screen edge.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jan 2014
    Carencro, LA 70520
    Posts : 7,641
    Windows 10
       09 Mar 2014 #30

    MilesAhead, post: 17811, member: 195 said:
    I heard Windows 10 will have the Taskbar set to AutoJump. Every time you try to click on it, it randomly jumps to a different screen edge.

    I thought that was done in Windows 7. LOL
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Post your Windows 10 Start menu or Start Screen
This thread is meant to showcase the new Windows 10 Start menu with tiles or the more familiar Windows 8 Start Screen. You can use either the Start Menu or Start Screen by following Brink's Tutorial 5538 Start Menu 5539
Customization
Microsoft Confirms the Windows 10 Start Menu Is Getting New Features
Source
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:52.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums