Windows 10: Windows 9 Should Be Completely Free, Analyst Believes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 5,582
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       13 Jan 2014 #1

    Windows 9 is expected to launch in April 2015, according to some people close to the matter, but aside from a few features that could be included in the operating system, no other details have been provided until now.

    Pricing clearly remains one of the biggest dilemmas, not only for users, but also for the Redmond-based tech giant Microsoft, as the company needs to find the perfect mix that would lead to record sales of its operating system and skyrocketing adoption for the very first days of availability.
    More......
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    13 Jan 2014 #2

    Free to PC venders? That would make it (the OS) free to anyone buying a Windows based PC. That would be one way to get it out there. Interesting thought.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    14 Jan 2014 #3

    Don't think they will make it free, lowering the cost might increase their profit.
    They are trying to generate revenue from other things, skype, office, and others, when this gets rolling then we may see Windows OS prices drop.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    15 Jan 2014 #4

    Dave76, post: 11012, member: 106 said:
    Don't think they will make it free, lowering the cost might increase their profit.
    They are trying to generate revenue from other things, skype, office, and others, when this gets rolling then we may see Windows OS prices drop.
    +1
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 11,452
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       15 Jan 2014 #5

    I cant see Windows 9 being free but a price drop in Microsoft software would be very welcome.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    15 Jan 2014 #6

    Is it free if you buy a Surface? If it wasn't it likely is now with all the price drops and discounts.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 15,156
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       15 Jan 2014 #7

    alphanumeric, post: 11091, member: 152 said:
    Ops disregard. Is there a delete button I'm missing?
    Red circle lower left on your own posts.



    A Guy
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    16 Jan 2014 #8

    A Guy, post: 11195, member: 22 said:
    Red circle lower left on your own posts.



    A Guy
    OK, thank you, I was hurriedly looking for the word delete and didn't see it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    16 Jan 2014 #9

    I'm in the camp of those who don't think Windows 9 will be free. However, if they offered a special promotion price like they did when Windows 8 first came out, I would be more inclined to purchase it. Otherwise I'll stay with my dual boot of Windows 7 and 8.1, until it's time for a new computer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 901
    Windows IP 16199 Windows 14393.1198
       17 Jan 2014 #10

    LittleJay, post: 11352, member: 114 said:
    I'm in the camp of those who don't think Windows 9 will be free. However, if they offered a special promotion price like they did when Windows 8 first came out, I would be more inclined to purchase it. Otherwise I'll stay with my dual boot of Windows 7 and 8.1, until it's time for a new computer.
    Yes, agreed, I would do the same except the omission of win7( I don't have the retail copy)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01.
Find Us