Cumulative Update KB4522355 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.449 - Oct. 24 Win Update

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 11,172
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #80

    IronZorg89 said:
    With the new feature "Quick Removal" MS has confirmed that it is no longer necessary to use "Safely Remove Hardware", but out of an abundance of caution I keep on using it.

    Microsoft confirms you really, really don’t need to ‘safely remove’ USB flash drives anymore - The Verge

    Hi there

    that might be true for usb thumb drives but what about large capacity usb drives (e.g those 3 - 4 TB passport type of drives) --if you were copying some large files you'd want to be sure that all disk i/o had completed before removing the drive -- remember also there could be quite a bit of data in cache / buffers that would need to be written to the drive before it was safe to remove it.

    I think I'd still prefer the "Safe to remove hardware" notification --others might differ --- even on Linux systems I wait for I/O activity to cease before removing a drive --even on hot-swappable or "plug'n play systems.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,563
    Windows 10 HOME 64-BIT
       #81

    Question remains: WHEN! When can we enjoy the 19-OHNEIN!- version of Window$?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 469
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 x64
       #82

    RingTailCoon said:
    Question remains: WHEN! When can we enjoy the 19-OHNEIN!- version of Window$?
    Just wait for 3 more days.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 46,504
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #83

    RingTailCoon said:
    Question remains: WHEN! When can we enjoy the 19-OHNEIN!- version of Window$?
    RK1997 said:
    Just wait for 3 more days.
    Prepare to be disappointed. There is very little new on the surface.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 469
    Windows 10 Pro 20H2 x64
       #84

    kado897 said:
    Prepare to be disappointed. There is very little new on the surface.
    No worries. Atleast it's a small cumulative update.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #85

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there

    that might be true for usb thumb drives but what about large capacity usb drives (e.g those 3 - 4 TB passport type of drives) --if you were copying some large files you'd want to be sure that all disk i/o had completed before removing the drive -- remember also there could be quite a bit of data in cache / buffers that would need to be written to the drive before it was safe to remove it.

    I think I'd still prefer the "Safe to remove hardware" notification --others might differ --- even on Linux systems I wait for I/O activity to cease before removing a drive --even on hot-swappable or "plug'n play systems.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    I have addressed this possibility you are raising for large capacity USB external HDD in the same post # 72, by saying this: "but, out of an abundance of caution I keep on using it." In this phrase "it" stands for "Safely Remove Hardware" .
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 1,563
    Windows 10 HOME 64-BIT
       #86

    RK1997 said:
    No worries. Atleast it's a small cumulative update.
    And how small is small? I read somewhere it's 5 GB in size. (and that's not small in my little book...)
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 24,545
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #87

    RingTailCoon said:
    And how small is small? I read somewhere it's 5 GB in size. (and that's not small in my little book...)
    1903 and 1909 share the same base code....

    Microsoft said:
    To offer a clarification on these releases 19H1 and 19H2 share the same servicing content. That means they share the same Cumulative Update package...
    KB4517389 Windows 10 Build 18362.418 19H1 and 18363.418 19H2 - Oct. 8

    If your 1903 is fully up to date, only the enablement package KB4517245 should be needed. That is 20kB. I tested that last month here....

    From where can I obtain the Win 10 1909 Enablement Package? - post #6
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 46,504
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #88

    Bree said:
    1903 and 1909 share the same base code....

    KB4517389 Windows 10 Build 18362.418 19H1 and 18363.418 19H2 - Oct. 8

    If your 1903 is fully up to date, only the enablement package KB4517245 should be needed. That is 20kB. I tested that last month here....

    From where can I obtain the Win 10 1909 Enablement Package? - post #6
    However we are also likely to get some security updates along with it.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,563
    Windows 10 HOME 64-BIT
       #89

    Bree said:
    1903 and 1909 share the same base code....

    KB4517389 Windows 10 Build 18362.418 19H1 and 18363.418 19H2 - Oct. 8

    If your 1903 is fully up to date, only the enablement package KB4517245 should be needed. That is 20kB. I tested that last month here....

    From where can I obtain the Win 10 1909 Enablement Package? - post #6
    I don't have this update, this KB4517245. (running win 10, 1903)
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums