What is new in Windows 10 version 1909

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,972
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       #200

    @sportsfan148 -- sounds like another MS guessing game. The antimalware platform update is dated December 6th in the MS Update Catalog and my clean install was done on the 12th. No odd behavior. Thinking for a moment about Focus Assist, after my clean install it was off (default) but under the 'automatic rules', I had to turn those off myself. Are they off on your system using the screenshot from TC in post #198 as a guide? I don't think it's anything to worry about -- maybe things just needed to settle in?????
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 985
    Windows 10 Home 21H1
       #201

    Crizal said:
    @sportsfan148 -- sounds like another MS guessing game. The antimalware platform update is dated December 6th in the MS Update Catalog and my clean install was done on the 12th. No odd behavior. Thinking for a moment about Focus Assist, after my clean install it was off (default) but under the 'automatic rules', I had to turn those off myself. Are they off on your system using the screenshot from TC in post #198 as a guide? I don't think it's anything to worry about -- maybe things just needed to settle in?????
    Under Automatic Rules the bottom three are set to On and the top one is set to Off. Those must be the defaults. Im not bothered about using Focus Assist at all so I don't know much about that Windows 10 feature so I definitely haven't changed anything. Im pretty sure if I understand those settings that they would have been irrelevant since I only clean installed yesterday. Apart from installing Windows Updates, installing latest drivers from Dell and getting all Microsoft Store updates I haven't done anything else at all. When I scanned the PC with Defender, nothing else was running at that time
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 2,972
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       #202

    @sportsfan148 -- As mentioned earlier in this thread, Farvatten wasn't getting notifications either but then it started to work. Could just be one of "those things" that works out by itself.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 985
    Windows 10 Home 21H1
       #203

    Crizal said:
    @sportsfan148 -- As mentioned earlier in this thread, Farvatten wasn't getting notifications either but then it started to work. Could just be one of "those things" that works out by itself.
    Yeah..thats my thinking too. One of those weird glitches that happen occasionally
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 944
    windows 10 home premium
       #204

    update fails


    I still haven't installed update 1909 yet because i can't get this update to install it has tried about a dozen times i don't understandWhat is new in Windows 10 version 1909-capture.png
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 27,442
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #205

    Have you done a Windows Update reset?

    Reset Windows Update in Windows 10


    Good first step.


    Please also run sfc /scannow
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 34,889
    Win 10 Pro (1903) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #206

    Several have reported that 1909 is not being offered via Windows Update, being replaced by 1903. I'm wondering if it's related to this:
    Windows 10 update: Microsoft is finally fixing this frustrating problem with your PC | Express.co.uk
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #207

    dalchina said:
    Several have reported that 1909 is not being offered via Windows Update, being replaced by 1903. I'm wondering if it's related to this:
    Windows 10 update: Microsoft is finally fixing this frustrating problem with your PC | Express.co.uk
    I don't know where that link took me, but everything was blurred and I had to accept something or other, which I'm not going to do if I don't know what it is! So, I had to back out.

    Ah, it was cookies, but wouldn't let me proceed until I accepted. Nope, not gonna!
    What is new in Windows 10 version 1909-cookies.png
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 34,889
    Win 10 Pro (1903) (2nd PC is 21H2)
       #208

    A couple of others have seen it with no problem... perhaps objecting to your ip address? It's a UK paper.
    What is new in Windows 10 version 1909-1.png
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #209

    dalchina said:
    A couple of others have seen it with no problem... perhaps objecting to your ip address? It's a UK paper.
    What is new in Windows 10 version 1909-1.png
    It wanted to force me to take cookies, but I refuse.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums