Getting the Windows 10 November 2019 Update Ready for Release Insider

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 3,245
    Windows 10 and windows insider
       #100

    kado897 said:
    This is a weird update from .10024. It's behaving more like a feature upgrade than a CU. It's very slow after the restart.
    Yes, I agree. It acted like a feature upgrade for sure. Not like a CU
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 46,504
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #101

    magilla said:
    Yes, I agree. It acted like a feature upgrade for sure. Not like a CU
    Yep, there was even a Windows.old to clean up.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 10,255
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 release preview channel
       #102

    kado897 said:
    Yep, there was even a Windows.old to clean up.

    Well it did say it was a feature update on the first screen before downloading Keith. Yeah it took around one and a quarter hours from start to finish and left me with a 24.5 GB Windows.old folder.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 46,504
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #103

    DooGie said:
    Well it did say it was a feature update on the first screen before downloading Keith. Yeah it took around one and a quarter hours from start to finish and left me with a 24.5 GB Windows.old folder.
    The thing is that this "feature Update" is supposed to be delivered as a CU so it took me by surprise. I guess it's only a CU if you start from the right place. At least it was a great deal quicker than the 20H1 upgrades we have had recently.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 25,636
    Windows 11 Pro 22621.1
       #104

    I am in The RP and only received a CU.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 46,504
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #105

    Josey Wales said:
    I am in The RP and only received a CU.
    What build were you coming from Josey? I was coming from the Slow ring build 18362.10024. When I was on 18362.418 I got a CU to 18363.418.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 25,636
    Windows 11 Pro 22621.1
       #106

    kado897 said:
    What build were you coming from Josey? I was coming from the Slow ring build 18362.10024. When I was on 18362.418 I got a CU to 18363.418.
    18363.446 was the build.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 46,504
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #107

    Josey Wales said:
    18363.446 was the build.
    Seems to be just from the old Slow Ring builds that you have to do a full upgrade.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 25,636
    Windows 11 Pro 22621.1
       #108

    kado897 said:
    Seems to be just from the old Slow Ring builds that you have to do a full upgrade.
    Yea I was never in The Slow Ring.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,412
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1 64 bit
       #109

    I was in the Slow ring when I got the 1903 18362.10024 update last week.
    I moved to the Release Preview ring per instructions from MS.
    I got the update yesterday and after a 3 hr install I am now on 1909 Build 18363.448.
    I had to reinstall Windows 7 games from MS which is normal for a Feature Update..
    Also have Windows.old folder now.
    No problems yet.

    Jim
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums