KB4524147 Windows 10 Build 18362.388 19H1 and 18363.388 19H2 - Oct. 3 Insider

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

  1. Posts : 4,666
    Windows 10 Pro x64 21H1 Build 19043.1151 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #10

    @jimbo45 I have no doubts it's a useful update or that it will improve stuff. It's just that rebooting computer all the time, when I really should be working, is tiresome. I have so many windows and apps open, that it takes me a long time to get back to the state I was in before reboot.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 11,172
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #11

    slicendice said:
    @jimbo45 I have no doubts it's a useful update or that it will improve stuff. It's just that rebooting computer all the time, when I really should be working, is tiresome. I have so many windows and apps open, that it takes me a long time to get back to the state I was in before reboot.
    Hi there

    @slicendice

    You know your own methods best but if you are doing a load of things and having to re-boot perhaps you might consider a "different" workflow -- of course I can't know how your setup looks or how you arrange things but I'd look at creating a test machine for trying this stuff out on and then a quick "sysprep" to roll out the upgrade to a load of other ones at a convenient time.

    I don't like re-booting in the middle of doing stuff either -- perhaps Windows could take a look at how Arch Linux manages its sytem upgrades via pacman (pacman -Syu) -- it even updates kernels, re-compiles things like the modules required for installing VMWare after a kernel upgrade etc and all without requiring a re-boot. !!!

    Still I'm sticking with this update --- some reports that VMWare WKS 15.5 wouldn't install on it -- no problems on that score here -- works 100% on both a bog standard HP envy i5core processor laptop and an ageing old "tower type desktop" with AMD processor.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 4
    windows
       #12

    Is this update really a fix for printer problems?
    I continue to suffer from printer failures caused by this patch.
    Is there any good way? Uninstall?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 11,172
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #13

    hirohiro said:
    Is this update really a fix for printer problems?
    I continue to suffer from printer failures caused by this patch.
    Is there any good way? Uninstall?

    Hi there
    what's the printer problem -- I've no problems here at all running a network printer. Explain problem a bit more clearly and the printer that doesn't work and perhaps we can find a solution --this build IMO seems pretty robust.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,571
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #14

    Emer said:
    Yep, same here. I am not an insider too, got it from WU.
    non-insider and I got KB4524147 from MUC and already got 1909 build 18363.356 from the ESD file from MDL W10 ESD repository. now using build 18363.388

    note to hirohiro: what kind of printer do you have and what kind of printing problems you are having?

    I had an "unrelated" print problem with the HP envy photo 7858 printer my family is using but that turned out to be a driver issue which I uninstalled the drivers, rebooted and then reinstalled the drivers and the HP envy 7858 printer can now print anything thru a wifi internet connection after printer driver re-install, regardless of whether KB4524147 update is installed or not
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 4
    windows
       #15

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there
    what's the printer problem -- I've no problems here at all running a network printer. Explain problem a bit more clearly and the printer that doesn't work and perhaps we can find a solution --this build IMO seems pretty robust.

    Cheers
    jimbo

    I'm sorry.
    Be available from Microsoft
    https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/...date-kb4524147
    [Addresses an intermediary issue with the print spooler service that may cause print jobs to fail.]
    That's the problem.
    The printer model is not a specific model. It varies.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,571
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #16

    hirohiro said:
    I'm sorry.
    Be available from Microsoft
    https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/...date-kb4524147
    [Addresses an intermediary issue with the print spooler service that may cause print jobs to fail.]
    That's the problem.
    The printer model is not a specific model. It varies.
    no hirohiro

    jimbo45 is asking YOU what KIND of specific printing problem you have?

    saying that "it varies" is not being helpful
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 4
    windows
       #17

    erpster4 said:
    no hirohiro

    jimbo45 is asking YOU what KIND of specific printing problem you have?

    saying that "it varies" is not being helpful
    *The spooler service stops and no printer icon appears.
    *Therefore, when I try to print, [No printers installed] is displayed.
    *Manually Changing Spooler Service From [Stop] to [Start], But Going Back to "Stop" Again

    These are the symptoms.
    When I checked the printer, I heard that it is only Ricoh at present.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 11,172
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #18

    Hi there
    I'm sharing EPSON and HP printers between a number of machines - various Windows builds including from an XP Virtual machine and 2 Linux machines -- I've no printing problems of any kind (other than the wretched consummables are getting a bit expensive these days !!!!!!.

    Network printers are a total doddle to set up --even on Windows !!!!)

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 4
    windows
       #19

    hi there

    *The spooler service stops and no printer icon appears.
    *Therefore, when I try to print, [No printers installed] is displayed.
    *Manually Changing Spooler Service From [Stop] to [Start], But Going Back to "Stop" Again

    These are the symptoms.
    When I checked the printer, I heard that it is only Ricoh at present.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums