New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18995 (20H1) - Oct. 3 Insider

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

  1. Posts : 650
    10 preview 64bit
       #70

    Hi @Brink

    been using your restore photo viewer regedit fix on all the previous builds - Successfully

    In this build just merging it fails to give it as a choice in the main default option page.
    went into the file extensions option, tif/tiff, and had to reset it from there allthough it didnt really like it, hung for a bit, then went back to the main settings page and was able to reset -same hang again


    Roy
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 61,585
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #71

    hawkman said:
    Hi @Brink

    been using your restore photo viewer regedit fix on all the previous builds - Successfully

    In this build just merging it fails to give it as a choice in the main default option page.
    went into the file extensions option, tif/tiff, and had to reset it from there allthough it didnt really like it, hung for a bit, then went back to the main settings page and was able to reset -same hang again


    Roy

    Hello Roy,

    Did you use Option 2 to restore Windows Photo Viewer?

    It still works for me, but I do notice a bit of a delay while selecting it to be the default "Photo viewer" in Settings > Default apps.

    Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 650
    10 preview 64bit
       #72

    Hi @Brink

    Sure am, 1of 4 fix's, sat on my desktop for a while now and carried across builds, just put it up for comments.
    As the tif/tiff part worked wondered if another association carries a higher process elevation?
    even rebooted to check - normally picks it straight up without one

    Roy
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 61,585
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #73

    hawkman said:
    Hi @Brink

    Sure am, 1of 4 fix's, sat on my desktop for a while now and carried across builds, just put it up for comments.
    As the tif/tiff part worked wondered if another association carries a higher process elevation?
    even rebooted to check - normally picks it straight up without one

    Roy

    If you didn't get it to work and possibly using an older .reg version, you might try again with the latest download available.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 2,491
    Windows Insider Fast Ring LatestKUuuntu 20.10
       #74

    Updated successfully in a VM using WU. Strange that it failed on the physical drive - I should have copied down the stop code.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 1,378
    W10 21H2 19044.1387
       #75

    18995 machine #2.
    1. WU downloading stopped @ 6%, I restarted computer after 45 minutes of no activity.
    2. UUP iso first attempt reverted
    3. Internet switched off, UUP iso second attempt sucessful.

    In spite of the internet being disabled, the process checked for updates thru 100% without any mention of no connection. I made no changes to the computer in between.

    No conclusion as to whether or not this worked because of the 3rd try or having the network disabled. ??
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 56,064
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #76

    meebers said:
    18995 machine #2.
    1. WU downloading stopped @ 6%, I restarted computer after 45 minutes of no activity.
    2. UUP iso first attempt reverted
    3. Internet switched off, UUP iso second attempt sucessful.

    In spite of the internet being disabled, the process checked for updates thru 100% without any mention of no connection. I made no changes to the computer in between.

    No conclusion as to whether or not this worked because of the 3rd try or having the network disabled. ??
    Best guess on that one is it went thru the process of attempting to check for updates with a series of "silent" fails. Nothing logged or displayed. No code written to allow for that, so it just said the equivalent of "Ok.... next.....", and went on it's way.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 3,080
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       #77

    meebers said:
    18995 machine #2.
    1. WU downloading stopped @ 6%, I restarted computer after 45 minutes of no activity.
    2. UUP iso first attempt reverted
    3. Internet switched off, UUP iso second attempt sucessful.

    In spite of the internet being disabled, the process checked for updates thru 100% without any mention of no connection. I made no changes to the computer in between.

    No conclusion as to whether or not this worked because of the 3rd try or having the network disabled. ??
    Conclusion....the present Updating system is in a mess....hopefully M$ get it working properly before release to the general public....or all hell will break loose.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 607
    latest Win10 Insider build
       #78

    hawkman said:
    Hi @Brinkbeen using your restore photo viewer regedit fix on all the previous builds - SuccessfullyIn this build just merging it fails to give it as a choice in the main default option page.went into the file extensions option, tif/tiff, and had to reset it from there all though it didn't really like it, hung for a bit, then went back to the main settings page and was able to reset -same hang again Roy
    I use ACDSee, and think it works better, and does a lot more than PV. Just food for thought...
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,491
    Windows Insider Fast Ring LatestKUuuntu 20.10
       #79

    Updated two Windows 10 for Workstatioons VM using the UUPDUMP MULTI ISO - no problems. WU might have worked but the ISO is infallabile. Ready for 19xxx but bettter would be opening up Skip Ahead.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums