Cumulative Update KB4517211 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.387 Sept. 26 Win Update

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 19
    Windows 10
       #30

    Cumulative Update KB4517211 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.387 Sept. 26-capture.jpg
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 13,930
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #31

    I just downloaded with the current 1903 MCT and I got 18362.30.

    C:\Users\ztruk\Desktop>dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:I:\sources\install.wim /index:6

    Code:
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.18362.1
    
    Details for image : I:\sources\install.wim
    
    Index : 6
    Name : Windows 10 Pro
    Description : Windows 10 Pro
    Size : 14,275,465,030 bytes
    WIM Bootable : No
    Architecture : x64
    Hal : <undefined>
    Version : 10.0.18362
    ServicePack Build : 30
    ServicePack Level : 0
    Edition : Professional
    Installation : Client
    ProductType : WinNT
    ProductSuite : Terminal Server
    System Root : WINDOWS
    Directories : 18867
    Files : 88688
    Created : 04/01/2019 - 7:11:29 PM
    Modified : 04/01/2019 - 7:47:29 PM
    Languages :
            en-US (Default)


    Turns out it was not the MCT. I had set my browser to UserAgent string for microsoft.com to

    Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/75.0.3770.100 Safari/537.36


    so it didn't use MCT but pulled the iso directly, thus install.wim instead of install.esd as was noted 3 posts later by sunberg. Sorry for the misinformation.
    Last edited by Ztruker; 27 Sep 2019 at 16:20.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 80
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2 19044.1348
       #32

    HRPuffnstuff said:
    Yes it is.
    This was offered as an optional update...
    Any idea why please?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 668
    Win 10 pro
       #33

    midgo said:
    This was offered as an optional update...
    Any idea why please?
    To test if it works ...
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 131
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #34

    Ztruker said:
    I just downloaded with the current 1903 MCT and I got 18362.30.

    C:\Users\ztruk\Desktop>dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:I:\sources\install.wim /index:6

    Code:
    Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.18362.1
    
    Details for image : I:\sources\install.wim
    
    Index : 6
    Name : Windows 10 Pro
    Description : Windows 10 Pro
    Size : 14,275,465,030 bytes
    WIM Bootable : No
    Architecture : x64
    Hal : <undefined>
    Version : 10.0.18362
    ServicePack Build : 30
    ServicePack Level : 0
    Edition : Professional
    Installation : Client
    ProductType : WinNT
    ProductSuite : Terminal Server
    System Root : WINDOWS
    Directories : 18867
    Files : 88688
    Created : 04/01/2019 - 7:11:29 PM
    Modified : 04/01/2019 - 7:47:29 PM
    Languages :
            en-US (Default)
    Are you sure? Untouched MCT isos contain install.esd.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 19,208
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #35

    Got the surprise this morning when I checked for updates (my morning routine) but it installed in 5 minutes flat. System scans show that system is in perfect shape.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 568
    Windows 11 Pro
       #36

    midgo said:
    This was offered as an optional update...
    Any idea why please?
    I honestly don't know but I saw the same presentation on all of my pc's.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 1,562
    Windows 10 HOME 64-BIT
       #37

    Wow, anyone noticed that the welcome screen remained longer on your screen than usual? But I survived the update, thank goodness.

    - - - Updated - - -

    HRPuffnstuff said:
    I honestly don't know but I saw the same presentation on all of my pc's.
    We're Micro$oft guneapigs remember? :)
      My Computer


  9. NMI
    Posts : 947
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2
       #38

    catspyjamas said:
    I'm a bit confused. I can't see anything in the release notes at the beginning of this post that mention fixing the security issue affecting Internet Explorer (as per the thread on KB 4522016). I never installed that standalone update from the catalogue; as I never use IE I thought I'd wait until MS offers it through WU.

    I understand from a comment on the latter thread that KB 4517211 is meant to replace KB 4522016? If this is the case, why is there no mention of the Internet Explorer security issue being fixed in the release notes for KB 4517211? If the fix has not yet been offered via WU, does anyone know when it might be? Relevant comment is here: Cumulative Update KB4522016 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.357 Sept. 23

    Thanks!
    Strange isn't it? But they're both cumulative updates, so what's in the earlier patch is also included the later patch (even though the first was manual and the second automatic).

    The only confirmation I can find is what had been announced at Windows message center in the third paragraph under Advisory: Scripting Engine Memory Corruption Vulnerability (CVE-2019-1367):

    For devices running Windows 10, version 1903, mitigation for this vulnerability will be included as part of the 9D optional update via WU, WSUS and the Microsoft Update Catalog (targeted for September 26, 2019.) [I.E. KB4517211]
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 568
    Windows 11 Pro
       #39

    RingTailCoon said:
    Wow, anyone noticed that the welcome screen remained longer on your screen than usual? But I survived the update, thank goodness.

    - - - Updated - - -


    We're Micro$oft guneapigs remember? :)
    Probably the lead in to the H2 update.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:22.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums