New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18985 (20H1) - Sept. 19 Insider

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #110

    JGToy said:
    Having this problem in Task Scheduler :-
    Every time TS is opened the following pops up...

    Attachment 248491Attachment 248492

    Used SFC and DISM with no results, both scan end up clean.

    This started since last build and l gave it a rest thinking of the next build would cure it but, it didn't.

    So, any on how to fix it?
    What about a restore point or system image backup previous to the time you started seeing this issue. It seems that everything was working just fine yesterday according to your previous post # 103.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 17,639
    Windows 10 Pro
       #111

    IronZorg89 said:
    I didn't and could not use a VM and the reasons are two-fold: first, because one cannot upgrade with a VM and second, my second machne is too old for a VM.
    Minor misunderstanding, I think. Windows on a VM can be upgraded, often it even works better than late Insider upgrades on physical machines.

    A native boot virtual hard disk is then another story. It can be used and Windows installed on it without any virtualization software and added to dual / multi boot menu. However, it cannot be upgraded. There is a workaround for that, attaching the VHD to a VM and upgrading it, deleting the VM and using the upgraded VHD again in native boot. See tutorial: Native boot Virtual Hard Disk - How to upgrade Windows


    IronZorg89 said:
    As the name implies "Dual boot-The really easy way", it was fast and easy if one follows the instructions careffuly and to a "T". Job well done and congrats!
    Thanks for the thanks!

    Kari
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1,106
    Windows 10 Pro x64-bit Build Latest
       #112

    IronZorg89 said:
    What about a restore point or system image backup previous to the time you started seeing this issue. It seems that everything was working just fine yesterday according to your previous post # 103.
    No friend Post #103 was about Task Manager.

    And to try to resolve the problem as you said I would had to go 2 builds back, even though I think it wouldn't be resolved because on build 18980 the problem was already present so, I let it update to build 18985 to see if it could correct it but it didn't.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #113

    JGToy said:
    No friend Post #103 was about Task Manager.

    And to try to resolve the problem as you said I would had to go 2 builds back, even though I think it wouldn't be resolved because on build 18980 the problem was already present so, I let it update to build 18985 to see if it could correct it but it didn't.
    Sorry I misunderstood your post, but I don't think it is worth the hassle of going back two builds prior. As you mentioned you are better off waiting the next build or try a repair install from an .ISO from UUPDump — I am not sure MS already has the .ISO for the current one (18985-21H1)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Kari said:
    Minor misunderstanding, I think. Windows on a VM can be upgraded, often it even works better than late Insider upgrades on physical machines.

    A native boot virtual hard disk is then another story. It can be used and Windows installed on it without any virtualization software and added to dual / multi boot menu. However, it cannot be upgraded. There is a workaround for that, attaching the VHD to a VM and upgrading it, deleting the VM and using the upgraded VHD again in native boot. See tutorial: Native boot Virtual Hard Disk - How to upgrade Windows




    Thanks for the thanks!

    Kari
    Thanks for the clarification about upgrading a VM, but I will certainly have a look at your refrenced link about the matter. Keep up the good work.

    Cheers!
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 1,106
    Windows 10 Pro x64-bit Build Latest
       #114

    IronZorg89 said:
    Sorry I misunderstood your post, but I don't think it is worth the hassle of going back two builds prior. As you mentioned you are better off waiting the next build or try a repair install from an .ISO from UUPDump — I am not sure MS already has the .ISO for the current one (18985-21H1)

    I don't think so either that there is an official ISO for this build.

    In case nobody has an idea to fix this I will be waiting for the next build and see what happens.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2,557
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #115

    JGToy said:
    I don't think so either that there is an official ISO for this build.

    In case nobody has an idea to fix this I will be waiting for the next build and see what happens.
    I have just checked UUPDump and the build is there. As for the official one from MS, if it were out, we would have known already about it in this forum.

    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18985 (20H1) - Sept. 19-uupdump-18985.1-insider-preview.png
    Last edited by IronZorg89; 22 Sep 2019 at 17:43.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 27,526
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #116

    So I was in file explorer and I noticed it does not show drive letters, at least on my old laptop. It just shows the drive label.

    Anyone else seeing this?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 13,934
    Windows 10 Pro X64 21H1 19043.1503
       #117

    Picture?
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 27,526
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 21H1
       #118

    Coming up
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 26,993
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #119

    Caledon Ken said:
    So I was in file explorer and I noticed it does not show drive letters, at least on my old laptop. It just shows the drive label.

    Anyone else seeing this?
    This was a bug some four or five builds ago.. If changing settings won't stick, and reg hack doesn't work (check tutorials), only Repair install will. This is how I solved this.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums