New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18980 (20H1) - Sept. 11 Insider

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 11,176
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #120

    ROTARY said:
    Yeah like 90% of the rubbish MS adds to updates for only 10% of users who use it... in other-words MS added BS.
    Hi there
    That's why I think they should make the Workstations edition more easily available for individual users -- much less bloat in it as it's designed more for people using it at work rather than just pure home computers.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,871
    W10 pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.610
       #121

    AndreTen said:
    Just use the Group policy editor Shawn's reg file
    So I had a play and actually used the Group Policy Editor. Even after setting it to disabled from here, I can still access System Restore. Nothing seems to have changed settings wise:

    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18980 (20H1) - Sept. 11-annotation-2019-09-14-123325.jpg

    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18980 (20H1) - Sept. 11-annotation-2019-09-14-123407.jpg
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Pro
       #122

    johngalt said:
    After a few failed boot attempts (usually 3) it will automatically present you with an advanced boot menu from which you should have additional options, such as reset the PC and, hopefully, revert to the previous version.
    It does give me options, but none of them worked. Last restore point did not work, nor any other repair. Is there a way to fix this without a complete OS reinstall? Seems insane that a broken install pushed to me could destroy my system with no recovery bail out safeguard
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,232
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #123

    Brink said:
    Hello Steven,

    It's no longer on my lock screen either in build 18980.

    Enable Search Box on Lock Screen in Windows 10
    Thank you for confirming!
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 11,176
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #124

    Hi folks

    "Semi defect" if that means anything !!! is with File explorer on this build -- you have to be MEGA CAREFUL with cut and paste if you have the group by date option enabled since paste doesn't always go into where you think it's going !!!!!!. - especially on fast systems with a sensitive mouse.

    PLEASE Ms make GROUP BY NONE on file explorer be standard or at least easily configurable -- I find that group by date an abomination for any sensible sort of file manipulation -- and even if you kill the group by date it doesn't saty permanently -- next session reverts back to group by date --tried registry fixes etc to no avail.

    Personally I'd just rather have the whole thing in pure alphabetic display rather than it all split up "higgledy Pgiggeldy" via date. Still that's another area where YMMV.

    I like to test out a few of these things even if I don't end up using them --sometimes the new stuff is worth it and if you don't try it how will you know. !!! Still I'm going back to group by none.

    On the whole this build seems to be working for me. (Apart from that wretched group by date in File explorer-- I might be in a ninority of 1 here but loads of people I know have the same issue --if you have to group stuff at least do it by alphabetical order - ascend / descend - but I can't see what's wrong with a bog standard list.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Last edited by jimbo45; 14 Sep 2019 at 07:34.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 46,564
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #125

    Mooly said:
    So I had a play and actually used the Group Policy Editor. Even after setting it to disabled from here, I can still access System Restore. Nothing seems to have changed settings wise:

    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18980 (20H1) - Sept. 11-annotation-2019-09-14-123325.jpg

    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18980 (20H1) - Sept. 11-annotation-2019-09-14-123407.jpg
    @Mooly Shouldn't "Turn off System Restore" be set to enabled to disable it?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 11,176
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #126

    Hi folks

    To "degroup" file explorer like it used to behave I finally found some weird registry hack which needed a re-boot and now it's working how I want it.

    Not sure how long that fix will work so I won't post the link unless people want it on this build however this is how I like the listing for file explore --Title, date,type, size (you can move the columns around).

    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18980 (20H1) - Sept. 11-explorer.png

    It shouldn't be a mega issue trying to get a file browser to display stuff in a decent user defined order without having to go round the hoops to get it done.

    Anyway Booze and UK footie Premier leaague time now --off to my favourite boozer for footie watching (we get the Sat 15.00 (UK time) fixtures here which I think are still blocked in UK. I like UK footy. !!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 46,564
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #127

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi folks

    To "degroup" file explorer like it used to behave I finally found some weird registry hack which needed a re-boot and now it's working how I want it.

    Not sure how long that fix will work so I won't post the link unless people want it on this build however this is how I like the listing for file explore --Title, date,type, size (you can move the columns around).

    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18980 (20H1) - Sept. 11-explorer.png

    It shouldn't be a mega issue trying to get a file browser to display stuff in a decent user defined order without having to go round the hoops to get it done.

    Anyway Booze and UK footie Premier leaague time now --off to my favourite boozer for footie watching (we get the Sat 15.00 (UK time) fixtures here which I think are still blocked in UK. I like UK footy. !!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Sky usually have an early 12:30 or late 17:00 live game on a Saturday.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 11,176
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #128

    Hi there @kado897

    we use a ROI (republic of Ireland) box -- we get the UK sat 15.00 games that aren't shown in UK as well -- we'll have 3 on in the pub this afternoon

    Tottenham vs Crystal Palace, Wolves v Chelsea and Man utd vs Leicester -- plenty of screens and Beer -- they had the Liverpool game on this morning but I was at home.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 46,564
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #129

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there @kado897

    we use a ROI (republic of Ireland) box -- we get the UK sat 15.00 games that aren't shown in UK as well -- we'll have 3 on in the pub this afternoon

    Tottenham vs Crystal Palace, Wolves v Chelsea and Man utd vs Leicester -- plenty of screens and Beer -- they had the Liverpool game on this morning but I was at home.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    They still seem to think that if they show Saturday 15:00 games they will lose attendance at the matches. Still I remember when the only live broadcast match was the FA Cup Final.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:17.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums