Cumulative Update KB4515384 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.356 Sept. 10 Win Update

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 46,433
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #60

    Qosmio said:
    Hi All,

    After this update i cant use long date anymore in the taskbar, when using longdate only time will display without the date, anybody have the same problem? I have it on my desktop and my laptop.

    Cheers
    You may find the changing the display scaling will help. For me anything above 125% it just shows the time.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
       #61

    kado897 said:
    You may find the changing the display scaling will help. For me anything above 125% it just shows the time.
    Tnx for reply, i use 100% scaling changing it to 125% or above did not change anything still does not display the long date, i use 4k display @ 100% scaling maybe that is the problem but then again its still a bug if it does not display the long date.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 46,433
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #62

    Qosmio said:
    Tnx for reply, i use 100% scaling changing it to 125% or above did not change anything still does not display the long date, i use 4k display @ 100% scaling maybe that is the problem but then again its still a bug if it does not display the long date.
    I think if you use small taskbar buttons that can cause it too as it shrinks the taskbar height. Agree it shouldn't happen though.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 2,418
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #63

    Updated, with no issues, from 18362.295. I had skipped the .329 CU.
    No Search, no high CPU usage problems.
    Found 2.65GB Update backup files and cleaned it.

    So far, so good!
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 39
    Windows 10
       #64

    ddelo said:
    Updated, with no issues, from 18362.295. I had skipped the .329 CU.
    No Search, no high CPU usage problems.
    Found 2.65GB Update backup files and cleaned it.

    So far, so good!
    I originally updated from the .295 CU to .329 CU and played with .329 CU to get the high CPU usage back to normal.

    Today I updated to this .356 CU and had issues again with the Start Menu slowing down and not getting any search functions working after about 30 min of usage.

    So I restored my PC from an image made of
    18362.295 and updated directly from that build to this new build 18362.356 and no issues so far all seems to be very stable.

    hope that helps others...
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 2,418
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #65

    kokakola said:
    I originally updated from the .295 CU to .329 CU and played with .329 CU to get the high CPU usage back to normal.

    Today I updated to this .356 CU and had issues again with the Start Menu slowing down and not getting any search functions working after about 30 min of usage.

    So I restored my PC from an image made of
    18362.295 and updated directly from that build to this new build 18362.356 and no issues so far all seems to be very stable.

    hope that helps others...

      My Computer


  7. Posts : 11,168
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #66

    Hi folks

    Powershell seems to have some "strange" suggestion -- any idea peeps !!!!


    Cumulative Update KB4515384 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.356 Sept. 10-356.png

    Edge -- I only ever use it for pdf files runs like a marble is a pool of molasses -- goodness knows what its doing because even on an 8 core machine the fan starts going bonkers until I close edge down and the machine runs quietly again.

    I've re-booted several times to test whether this is an initial problem -- sometimes - especially on clean installs which this one was, a few re-boots are often needed to finish what are sometimes processes estabishing optimum operating parameters and files for the machine behind the scene -- Windows has quite good "A.I" type of capability where it attempts to optimise itself by often learning what you are running and making a reasonable guess via "prefetch" . Of course conspiracy theoreists here will say that's all data being sent to Ms === I'm not sure if Ms is interested in 14 billion users say using file explorer regularly !!!!!!!

    Anyway would be interested in what the powershell is wanting me to use .

    Added -- seems any browser when attempting to do an upload - even from a local directory also starts the machine going Bonkers --even FF which is my preferred browser seems to increas severely CPU load.

    Putting this release back to a VM and reverting until browsing fixed -- Browsing using this release so far is a hideously painful nightmare -- clean release too so something with Ms's interner access isn't working. Using FTP and SSL to a Linux server from this release Internet browsing is fine -- so in my system something is seriously hosed.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #67

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi folks

    Powershell seems to have some "strange" suggestion -- any idea peeps !!!!


    Cumulative Update KB4515384 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.356 Sept. 10-356.png

    Edge -- I only ever use it for pdf files runs like a marble is a pool of molasses -- goodness knows what its doing because even on an 8 core machine the fan starts going bonkers until I close edge down and the machine runs quietly again.

    I've re-booted several times to test whether this is an initial problem -- sometimes - especially on clean installs which this one was, a few re-boots are often needed to finish what are sometimes processes estabishing optimum operating parameters and files for the machine behind the scene -- Windows has quite good "A.I" type of capability where it attempts to optimise itself by often learning what you are running and making a reasonable guess via "prefetch" . Of course conspiracy theoreists here will say that's all data being sent to Ms === I'm not sure if Ms is interested in 14 billion users say using file explorer regularly !!!!!!!

    Anyway would be interested in what the powershell is wanting me to use .

    Cheers
    jimbo
    https://devblogs.microsoft.com/power...and-supported/
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 11,168
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #68

    Hi there
    @CountMike

    Thanks for the info -- probably will try it on a VM. I can't continue this release on my current machine until the problem with browsers is fixed -- IE 11, Edge and FF ver 68. I wonder also because I installed NEW so will only have .NET 4.8 on it and could the .net functionality be causing me aggro.

    Anyway I'm going to "Park" this machine and try creating an update from the previous release which was functioning perfectly OK. (That also has .Net3.5 on it).

    Mght be a red herring but it's the first time I've got such hideous performance out of a New install -- I've only got the browsers, Macrium, Office 2019 inc project and visio. I haven't installed things like Photoshop yet .

    Anyway Internet experience too painfully slow on this machine - so imaging it and then proceding with update of the older relese to see if that's any better.

    (1 Min to post this on the Forum -- on my Linux server couple of secs at the most --Internet seriously hosed up -- no viruses etc at this end either).

    I have a nominal 1Gb/s on ISP so no prbs there either with the provider.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 565
    Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
       #69

    Just like "banger" posted #34 I had to resort to the inplace upgrade method and it worked fine although my PC took 90 minutes to get to my log-in screen. At least I am up-to-date now at build 18362.356.
    Before I did this inplace upgrade method I had tried all the suggested 'fixes' but updates KB4512941 and its successor KB4515384 would not install on my machine. They 'Failed' every time I tried and I was stuck at build 295.
    I hope future windows updates are not as problematic since I do not want to have to do an inplace upgrade every time I need to update Win10.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums