Cumulative Update KB4512941 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.329 - Aug. 30 Win Update

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
  1. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 26,386
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       #10

    I appear to have the Cortana high CPU problem. Is there a fix?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 19,932
    19H1 64 Bit
       #11

    kado897 said: View Post
    I appear to have the Cortana high CPU problem. Is there a fix?
    Do not use it till there is one.. I don't use it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 26,386
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       #12

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    Do not use it till there is one.. I don't use it.
    I had it all buttoned down. I think that may be the issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 99
    Windows 10
       #13

    After installing this update, I tried to check the "winver". But the search function does not work. Blank window, doesn´t respond to any input.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. EdTittel's Avatar
    Posts : 3,484
    Windows 10
       #14

    I got the 0x800F081F error twice, am now trying a third time after the reboot. If that fails -- and it just did -- I'm trying the manual .msu download & install routine instead. Running now, copying packages to the update cache, standalone installer doing its thing, taking a while, just completed with an Update not installed status. Apparently some Update repairs are called for. Off to try that now. Will report back later.
    --Ed--

    Just ran through Shawn's excellent Reset Windows Update tutorial, and am now trying again. Into install phase: let's see if it blows up again. Research says it can be related to .NET 3.5, so perhaps it's hanging on the latest update to that environment. We'll see: it's been getting up to 100% then blowing up in the cleanup phase prior to reboot. 19% -- 20% -- sitting at this level much longer than before -- just jumped to 44% -- sitting there too -- 100% -- still blowing up with the same error. I'm stuck, I guess ...
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 30
    Windows 10
       #15

    EdTittel said: View Post
    I got the 0x800F081F error twice, am now trying a third time after the reboot. If that fails -- and it just did -- I'm trying the manual .msu download & install routine instead. Running now, copying packages to the update cache, standalone installer doing its thing, taking a while, just completed with an Update not installed status. Apparently some Update repairs are called for. Off to try that now. Will report back later.
    --Ed--
    If you manage to fix it, let us know I have exactly the same issue
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 2
    Win10
       #16

    I had the Cortana high cpu issue, seem to have fixed it though I've got no idea how.

    I re-enabled all the Cortana stuff (I'd disabled it using ShutUp10), restarted and waited to see if it would finish whatever it was doing, after ~10 mins out of frustration I ended the Cortana task. It relaunched itself immediately but this time seemed to get wherever it was going after a few seconds, all good now.

    Edit: blocking Cortana in ShutUp10 caused Cortana to go crazy again, guess they're forcing it on us now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec



  8. Posts : 6
    W10 1803
       #17

    Fix here:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search]
    "BingSearchEnabled“=dword:00000001

    Restart pc enjoy 👍
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 26,386
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       #18

    Grimey said: View Post
    I had the Cortana high cpu issue, seem to have fixed it though I've got no idea how.

    I re-enabled all the Cortana stuff (I'd disabled it using ShutUp10), restarted and waited to see if it would finish whatever it was doing, after ~10 mins out of frustration I ended the Cortana task. It relaunched itself immediately but this time seemed to get wherever it was going after a few seconds, all good now.

    Edit: blocking Cortana in ShutUp10 caused Cortana to go crazy again, guess they're forcing it on us now.
    I have restored to before update. Have restored all cortana settings(shutup10) and an currently retrying the CU. Will update when done.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 26,386
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       #19

    Mael said: View Post
    Fix here:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search]
    "BingSearchEnabled“=dword:00000001

    Restart pc enjoy 
    Thanks I'll try that if it goes crazy again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 8/30: Cumulative Update KB4512941 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.329 - Aug. 30 We have released 19H1 Build 18362.329 and 19H2 Build 18363.329 to Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring with the following fixes: We fixed an issue...
UPDATE 8/29: Cumulative Update KB4512941 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.329 - Aug. 29 Microsoft has released a new cumulative update KB4512941 for Windows 10 19H1 version 1903 build 18362.327 to Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring. ...
UPDATE: 8/26: Cumulative Update KB4512941 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.327 - Aug. 26 Microsoft has released a new cumulative update KB4512941 for Windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.325 to Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring. ...
UPDATE 6/11: Cumulative Update KB4503293 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.175 - June 11 Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4497935 See also: New KB4498523 Servicing Stack Update for Windows 10 v1903 - May 29
UPDATE 5/29: Cumulative Update KB4497935 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.145 - May 29 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18362 | Windows Experience Blog See also: New KB4498523 Servicing Stack Update for Windows 10 v1903...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28.
Find Us