Windows 10: Windows 10 Service Release 1 Inbound for Next Week

Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 755
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16199
       15 Aug 2015 #411

    I would suggest that every of us to buy a full retail windows 10 key now or later at ON SALE price if possible. If windows 10 is the last version, I wonder that MS will still sell the current prices.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 14
    windows 10 pro version 1703 64bit
       15 Aug 2015 #412

    Already did, scheduled delivery date Aug. 20 to Aug. 22 from Amazon.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    15 Aug 2015 #413

    jyusa said: View Post
    I would suggest that every of us to buy a full retail windows 10 key now or later at ON SALE price if possible. If windows 10 is the last version, I wonder that MS will still sell the current prices.
    I just looked at BestBuy.com, and Windows 10 Home is selling for $119.99.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 14,411
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       15 Aug 2015 #414

    jyusa said: View Post
    I would suggest that every of us to buy a full retail windows 10 key now or later at ON SALE price if possible. If windows 10 is the last version, I wonder that MS will still sell the current prices.
    First off, why should I buy a Retail version of Windows 10 when I got the upgrade free on all four of my computers? It just doesn't make economical sense to me.

    Further, I haven't seen anything about Windows 10 on sale. All I've seen so far is $119 for Home and $199 for Pro. The OEM version can be had for a little less, but I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro for free, so I'm good.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 755
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16199
       15 Aug 2015 #415

    Wynona: You are different than those who don't have one or may need one more, and you might never need to buy again but who knows what would happen if MS change of License Agreement ? Since MS Claim Windows is the last version.

    A full retail Windows 10 key is not a OEM or any limited versions, it's transferable. So far as we all know!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    15 Aug 2015 #416

    Wynona said: View Post
    First off, why should I buy a Retail version of Windows 10 when I got the upgrade free on all four of my computers? It just doesn't make economical sense to me.

    Further, I haven't seen anything about Windows 10 on sale. All I've seen so far is $119 for Home and $199 for Pro. The OEM version can be had for a little less, but I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro for free, so I'm good.
    I'm with you. I doesn't make sense to buy something we have free.

    We already paid for our 7 or 8.1 versions of windows.

    Now we trade in the key we have from our 7 or 8.1 versions for a version of 10 we qualify for.

    From this point on we never have to worry about a key again as the traditional keys are obsolete.

    Again, we get a free upgrade to windows 10, we will never have to buy anything again.

    Future update's or upgrade's are also free.

    Why pay for another copy of 10 ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    15 Aug 2015 #417

    jyusa said: View Post
    A full retail Windows 10 key is not a OEM or any limited versions, it's transferable. So far as we all know!
    This is the only advantage of buying the retail version, nothing else.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 755
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16199
       15 Aug 2015 #418

    COMPUTIAC said: View Post
    I'm with you. I doesn't make sense to buy something we have free.

    We already paid for our 7 or 8.1 versions of windows.

    Now we trade in the key we have from our 7 or 8.1 versions for a version of 10 we qualify for.

    From this point on we never have to worry about a key again as the traditional keys are obsolete.

    Again, we get a free upgrade to windows 10, we will never have to buy anything again.

    Future update's or upgrade's are also free.

    Why pay for another copy of 10 ?


    As I said "You are different than those who don't have one or may need one more".

    There are people out there have such need. They are NOT spending their without reasons.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 755
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 16199
       15 Aug 2015 #419

    COMPUTIAC said: View Post
    This is the only advantage of buying the retail version, nothing else.
    and suppose to be last forever! That is not a ONLY!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    15 Aug 2015 #420

    jyusa said: View Post
    and suppose to be last forever! That is not a ONLY!
    Almost everyone who owns a windows 7 or 8.1 'puter has one year to upgrade to 10.

    There is no need to buy anything in the above situation as the upgrade is free.

    If you want to move 10 from one machine to another in the future,
    then it is wise to buy a retail copy.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source
Read more: Windows 10 for phones preview might come out this week
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28.
Find Us