Windows 10: Windows 10 Service Release 1 Inbound for Next Week

Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
  1.    12 Aug 2015 #281

    Has their been any official confirmation of Service Release 1 (SR1) or any other sources claiming such a thing is happening any time soon?

    My detective work points to all rumours of Service Release 1 (SR1) leading back to one journo who had 'discussions' at the Windows 10 launch event.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    12 Aug 2015 #282

    Nus said: View Post
    Has their been any official confirmation of Service Release 1 (SR1) or any other sources claiming such a thing is happening any time soon?

    My detective work points to all rumours of Service Release 1 (SR1) leading back to one journo who had 'discussions' at the Windows 10 launch event.
    Some articles on credible websites were posting about this as early as July 30th, saying that it will come next week or in early august
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    12 Aug 2015 #283

    rBose said: View Post
    Some articles on credible websites were posting about this as early as July 30th, saying that it will come next week or in early august
    Yeah, after the journo I mentioned started spreading the rumour on the 29th...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 14,263
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       12 Aug 2015 #284

    rBose said: View Post
    Some articles on credible websites were posting about this as early as July 30th, saying that it will come next week or in early august
    I have seen only that first (Post #1 in this thread) claim that SR1 would be released on the 10th. I've never seen anyone else say that, nor have I seen anything about late August.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    12 Aug 2015 #285

    I really wanna see some fixes/updates for Edge. I 50% like it as a browser (mostly due to simplicity and pure speed), but it's still very clunky, unreliable and a bit feature lacking (E.g. Extension support). Really hanging to see it get better.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    12 Aug 2015 #286

    recruit2 said: View Post
    I really wanna see some fixes/updates for Edge. I 50% like it as a browser (mostly due to simplicity and pure speed), but it's still very clunky, unreliable and a bit feature lacking (E.g. Extension support). Really hanging to see it get better.
    I suspect the first big changes to Edge will come out when the next build is dropped via the insider program and not with a patch.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    13 Aug 2015 #287

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I suspect the first big changes to Edge will come out when the next build is dropped via the insider program and not with a patch.
    That's the way it was supposed to work. Updates go out to guinea pigs Insiders first, to be tested, then to the rest of use. Is the Insiders program back to full functionality yet? Activation and downloads etc, it was shut down for a while there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 14,263
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       13 Aug 2015 #288

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    That's the way it was supposed to work. Updates go out to guinea pigs Insiders first, to be tested, then to the rest of use. Is the Insiders program back to full functionality yet? Activation and downloads etc, it was shut down for a while there.
    I don't think the Guinea Pig Insider Program's back to full functionality yet, Alpha. I don't think I can be put into the guinea pig category; it wouldn't be safe for me, what with StarFerret living here.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    13 Aug 2015 #289

    Wynona said: View Post
    I don't think the Guinea Pig Insider Program's back to full functionality yet, Alpha. I don't think I can be put into the guinea pig category; it wouldn't be safe for me, what with StarFerret living here.
    Just having a little fun. Most here, like you, have a sense of humor. I'm not running an insider build at the moment. I may once it starts back up though. Just to see what's coming down the pip line. Been testing other stuff, clean install after upgrades etc.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 605
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
       13 Aug 2015 #290

    alphanumeric said: View Post
    That's the way it was supposed to work. Updates go out to guinea pigs Insiders first, to be tested, then to the rest of use. Is the Insiders program back to full functionality yet? Activation and downloads etc, it was shut down for a while there.
    I am an Insider, and it's been quiet so far. I am guessing that one fine day soon we'll see a new build coming along...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Source
Read more: Windows 10 for phones preview might come out this week
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:21.
Find Us