Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 133
    Windows 10
       11 Aug 2015 #231

    I only asked because there was a major update awhile back on Windows 8 ( update 8.1 ) that could only be found in the Windows Store.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,652
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       11 Aug 2015 #232

    letmein said: View Post
    I only asked because there was a major update awhile back on Windows 8 ( update 8.1 ) that could only be found in the Windows Store.
    I don't recall getting my Windows 8.1 Update from the Store. I had a link to follow and the update was done from there.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       11 Aug 2015 #233

    . . .really whats the big worry. . .you would think this is the second coming of. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 133
    Windows 10
       11 Aug 2015 #234
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2014
    Walnut Beach, Milford, Ct
    Posts : 7,551
    Win10 Pro / Remix 3.0
       11 Aug 2015 #235

    Wynona said: View Post
    I don't recall getting my Windows 8.1 Update from the Store. I had a link to follow and the update was done from there.

      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,652
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       11 Aug 2015 #236

    letmein said: View Post
    Yeah, I just found that, but I swear, that's not the way I updated Windows 8.0 to Windows 8.1. It was much simpler than that!

    Still, it's there in black and blue and white.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2014
    Walnut Beach, Milford, Ct
    Posts : 7,551
    Win10 Pro / Remix 3.0
       11 Aug 2015 #237

    Lee said: View Post
    . . .really whats the big worry. . .you would think this is the second coming of. . .
    The second coming of what ?

    I don't care what "It" is, I want it now !

    I would pay for "It" just to have it first.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 196
    Windows 10 x64
       11 Aug 2015 #238

    Lee said: View Post
    . . .really whats the big worry. . .you would think this is the second coming of. . .
    Second coming?...Oh wait, I remember :-)

    Re SR1 I fortunately don't need it for any show stopping bugs, but it would be nice if it included some new functionality for Edge, such as extension support (LastPass and Adblock please!)

    By the way you seem to undergoing regular transformations via avatar...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,945
    All kinds
       11 Aug 2015 #239

    Yes, it was offered thru the Store but from there everything went it's own merry way. Very similar to W10 upgrades, I guess they were practicing for that.
    I couldn't wait so I downloaded upgrade and installed it myself.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,652
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       11 Aug 2015 #240

    Victek said: View Post
    Second coming?...Oh wait, I remember :-)

    Re SR1 I fortunately don't need it for any show stopping bugs, but it would be nice if it included some new functionality for Edge, such as extension support (LastPass and Adblock please!)

    By the way you seem to undergoing regular transformations via avatar...
    If I'm not mistaken, Victek, I think I read that it will contain extension support in Edge. As well as some new functionality stuff.

    What's confusing to me is that some have said it's for Insiders and some have said it will come to all Windows 10 computers. Me, I'm just waiting to see what happens.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 will not RTM this week
Source
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 for phones preview might come out this week
Read more: Windows 10 for phones preview might come out this week
Windows 10 News
What to expect at this week's Windows 10 launch
More
Windows 10 News
Microsoft expected to unveil new Windows name next week
Source! -Chuck
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:30.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums