Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1.    09 Aug 2015 #101
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,652
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    I mean, does it stay like that after reboot, prior to 10240 it wouldn't stay and changed to auto after reboot, but now it stays and works. Small drawback, for any new HW it does not fetch drivers automatically.
    Well I just re-booted (in fact shutdown) the system to test and mine sticks. I have it just like yours. I guess it goes back to my question I asked in post #88

    Let see what bobjoe has to say.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    09 Aug 2015 #102
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 234
    Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    I mean, does it stay like that after reboot, prior to 10240 it wouldn't stay and changed to auto after reboot, but now it stays and works. Small drawback, for any new HW it does not fetch drivers automatically.
    Mine stays the same after a reboot. That option doesn't work, folks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    09 Aug 2015 #103
    Join Date : Dec 2013
    Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts : 10,589
    Windows 10 IoT

    It may depend on when you set that option. If you do it after a bad driver download, the driver files are already on your PC. In the driver store or somewhere. You may have to do a disk cleanup, etc after setting that option to clean them out so Windows doesn't just keep installing them. I haven't messed with it enough to know exactly what goes on.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    09 Aug 2015 #104
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 234
    Windows 10, 8.1, 7, and Vista

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    It may depend on when you set that option. If you do it after a bad driver download, the driver files are already on your PC. In the driver store or somewhere. You may have to do a disk cleanup, etc after setting that option to clean them out so Windows doesn't just keep installing them. I haven't messed with it enough to know exactly what goes on.
    Ok, thanks for the info. I'll have to check this.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    09 Aug 2015 #105
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,873
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    When do we get a new ISO to do a clean install?
    Patience, Grasshopper . . . We'll get it when it's ready.

    Sorry, just couldn't resist.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    09 Aug 2015 #106
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 1,336
    Windows 10 Pro,

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Patience, Grasshopper . . . We'll get it when it's ready.

    Sorry, just couldn't resist.

    HA! HA! HA! Thanks Wynona. I guess it really doesn't make much difference to me anyway because I don't feel like doing another clean install on my system. But inquiring minds want to know.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    09 Aug 2015 #107
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,873
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Read his thread here: Windows Photo Viewer bug. I'm thoroughly confused now being some say it works even on a clean install.
    I just installed the thing and I can't even find it on my system!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    09 Aug 2015 #108
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    California
    Posts : 60
    Windows 10 Pro

    I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, and Windows Photo Viewer works fine, but I did have to set it as the default program.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    09 Aug 2015 #109
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 62
    10

    Clean install and photoviewer works fine as default.

    Is Windows Photo Viewer gone? - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums

    Don't forget
    Originally Posted by Edwin
    Merge that file, then associate three or four file types with WPV, eg.: png, jpg, bmp, etc:

    Attachment 25918

    Then you should get the option to use WPV as default:

    Attachment 25919
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    09 Aug 2015 #110
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    New Mexico
    Posts : 1,336
    Windows 10 Pro,

    Quote Originally Posted by GatsbyGlen View Post
    I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro, and Windows Photo Viewer works fine, but I did have to set it as the default program.

    My understanding is that it works on upgrades but not on clean installs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows 10 will not RTM this week
Source
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 for phones preview might come out this week
Read more: Windows 10 for phones preview might come out this week
Windows 10 News
What to expect at this week's Windows 10 launch
More
Windows 10 News
Microsoft expected to unveil new Windows name next week
Source! -Chuck
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:42.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums