New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18932 (20H1) - July 3 Insider

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
  1. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 7,530
    Windows / Linux : Centos, Ubuntu, OpenSuse
       #170

    Hi folks

    Welcome back to the Forum -- think it was being moved to different servers today !!! - these jobs always have a habit of taking a bit longer than planned !!!!

    This build seems to work OK (upgraded via UUPDUMP) but Language still "a little bit hosed" -- works mostly and far better than previous skip ahead / fast build but not 100% correct yet. Liveable with though. Will try out some of the WSL features tomorrow.

    Nice to see 10 Forums back after what I imagine was a busy day !!!

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 1,842
    Wiindows 10 Insider Build 18936/Fedora Rawhide.
       #171

    I can't help because on VM's both WU and UUPDUMP worked perfectly. However I did hose my installation by installing Windows features too rapidly and will hope for new build on Weds before I'll be at my wife's relatives for almost three weeks. If not a new build Weds then I may install 18932 again and shutdown. Windows developers are not the only one's stressed by the speed of changes, Ubuntu kernel developers failed to compile kernel 5.2 for 8386 or x64.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 1,842
    Wiindows 10 Insider Build 18936/Fedora Rawhide.
       #172

    Just upgraded a VMware WS Windows for Workstations using the UUPDUMP MUlti ISO. Viva UUPDUMP. And whenever I get around to reinstalling Windows on the SSD I'll be using VMware WS for Windows. I'm tired of Hyper-V "native" virtualization. Can't see the advantage of having to use Remote Desktop to access all my host devices.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 7,530
    Windows / Linux : Centos, Ubuntu, OpenSuse
       #173

    martyfelker said: View Post
    Just upgraded a VMware WS Windows for Workstations using the UUPDUMP MUlti ISO. Viva UUPDUMP. And whenever I get around to reinstalling Windows on the SSD I'll be using VMware WS for Windows. I'm tired of Hyper-V "native" virtualization. Can't see the advantage of having to use Remote Desktop to access all my host devices.
    Hi there

    @martyfelker

    handling removeable devices etc IMO makes using VMWare a lot easier than HYPER-V unless you simply want to run Windows stricly as a basic desktop with typical desktop apps like Office etc. Once you start mucking about with external hardware devices IMO HYPER-V can be a bit of a pain.

    I think the RDP thing though is a bit of a non issue though -- if you want to logon to Windows clients and you have several of them on different devices then it's easier to remotely logon on to them rather than physically logon to each machine in any case -- depends on what you are doing though. If you've decent LAN speed the RDP connections shouldn't be a problem.

    For Linux VM's an advantage also is that you often don't even need any GUI and these can always be reun headlessly - control them from an android phone or tablet if need be !!.

    Incidentally if you want to try Hypervisors out with Linux the built in KVM or XEN facilities work a treat too -- if using KVM though do install the libvirt-io package to optimise (quite considerably) the I/O for Windows Guests. You'll also need to install an X-server with something like tigervnc on the linux host for remote communication and xrdp to access Windows guests.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 1,842
    Wiindows 10 Insider Build 18936/Fedora Rawhide.
       #174

    Thanks @jimbo. Alth9ugh I was coding and maintaining large scale networks 30 years (before the hiring of a "network admnistrator" right now I pretty only have a single machine or sometimes an old HP Server for ESXi, I pretty much do everything on one machine. I can (and do) run a virtual ESXI 6.5 host and Windows 10 VMs on them with fairly good response and easily able to access host filesystems and devices. There is a 3rd party solution for modifying VMware host modules now (on Github) which works wonderfully on newer kernels. If VMware incorporates his ideas in WS 16 I might buy it - otherwise WS 15 does everything I could ask for in a standalone environment. VMware 15 worked fine on Windows Insider builds last time I tried and I'll do again - running VMs on the 1 TB ssd dedicated to Windows. I do have to copy my Linux VMs which reside on a software RAID 0 device with 2 TB storage. Always a pleasure to exchange views with you @jimbo since we fairly compatible except for your larger environment. As always -take care - m.f.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    #175

    I FINALLY have run into a problem. After what seems like forever since having any problems with the insider builds, which normally update very quickly and easily, suddenly 18922 refuses to update to 18932. It shows the update is there, but update just sits there at 0%. I have restarted several times. I have even turned off Windows Update, restarted and then turned it back on. But it refuses to download the new build. I am going to try the Windows Update Troubleshooter, and that doesn't work, not sure if I can do anything else but ask for an iso. At least it feels good to be able to bitch about something!

    UPDATE: Troubleshooter, as usual, was of no help whatsoever. I tried to run a sfc scan, but got the following error message both times right at 35%: "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

    Soooooooo, IF anyone has an iso for this latest build, could you please make it available? Thanks in advance.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 26,905
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       #176

    smactilactus said: View Post
    I FINALLY have run into a problem. After what seems like forever since having any problems with the insider builds, which normally update very quickly and easily, suddenly 18922 refuses to update to 18932. It shows the update is there, but update just sits there at 0%. I have restarted several times. I have even turned off Windows Update, restarted and then turned it back on. But it refuses to download the new build. I am going to try the Windows Update Troubleshooter, and that doesn't work, not sure if I can do anything else but ask for an iso. At least it feels good to be able to bitch about something!
    Shawn @Brink had this problem. He used UUPDump to create an iso and updated successfully . Windows Insider - Get Latest Fast Ring ISO image
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8.    #177

    kado897 said: View Post
    Shawn @Brink had this problem. He used UUPDump to create an iso and updated successfully . Windows Insider - Get Latest Fast Ring ISO image
    That's the right way to go. I was having the same issue going from 18922 to 18932 and that was what fixed it for me too.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    #178

    kado897 said: View Post
    Shawn @Brink had this problem. He used UUPDump to create an iso and updated successfully . Windows Insider - Get Latest Fast Ring ISO image
    IronZorg89 said: View Post
    That's the right way to go. I was having the same issue going from 18922 to 18932 and that was what fixed it for me too.
    Okie dokie. I've sort of ignored this when it was brought up previously, as I didn't need it. So I will have to go take a look and see how it works. Thanks guys.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 2,953
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       #179

    smactilactus said: View Post
    I FINALLY have run into a problem. After what seems like forever since having any problems with the insider builds, which normally update very quickly and easily, suddenly 18922 refuses to update to 18932. It shows the update is there, but update just sits there at 0%. I have restarted several times. I have even turned off Windows Update, restarted and then turned it back on. But it refuses to download the new build. I am going to try the Windows Update Troubleshooter, and that doesn't work, not sure if I can do anything else but ask for an iso. At least it feels good to be able to bitch about something!

    UPDATE: Troubleshooter, as usual, was of no help whatsoever. I tried to run a sfc scan, but got the following error message both times right at 35%: "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."

    Soooooooo, IF anyone has an iso for this latest build, could you please make it available? Thanks in advance.
    I sympathise....word for word exactly the same for me....see my posts #78 and #82.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 6/5: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18912 (20H1) - June 5 Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/05/29/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18908/ 1133780783565402112 1133781148763484161
UPDATE 5/29: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18908 (20H1) - May 29 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18898 | Windows Experience Blog See also: KB4497165 Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 Insider...
UPDATE 5/8: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18894 (20H1) - May 8 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18890 | Windows Experience Blog 1123634850601111552 1123634531469127680
UPDATE 5/15: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18898 (20H1) - May 10 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18895 | Windows Experience Blog 1126895321764618241
UPDATE 5/10: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18895 (20H1) - May 10 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18894 | Windows Experience Blog 1126171085559422976 1126170933612302337
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:39.
Find Us