New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18908 (20H1) - May 29 Insider

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
  1. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 11,682
    10 Home x64 (1903) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #90

    Steven Campoli said: View Post
    I don't see it in Explorer...only when I do disk analyzer with ccleaner
    It shouldn't show up there either, it doesn't appear for me in CCleaner's Disk Analyzer in 1903.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 603
    Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
       #91

    Bree said: View Post
    It shouldn't show up there either, it doesn't appear for me in CCleaner's Disk Analyzer in 1903.
    In all of the insider builds for the past year that I'm inscribed, ccleaner sees it..just wanted to.know what it was and if it counts towards the HD space being used
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 11,682
    10 Home x64 (1903) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #92

    Steven Campoli said: View Post
    In all of the insider builds for the past year that I'm inscribed, ccleaner sees it..just wanted to.know what it was and if it counts towards the HD space being used
    Must be an 'Insider' thing then, it doesn't see it in the RTM.

    Yes, it will occupy disk space, but it shouldn't be much. There's more on NTFS metadata here....

    NTFS - Wikipedia

    ...including a neat trick with 7-Zip File Manager to explore it (you need to run 7zFM as administrator). Unfortunately you can't use this trick to see $Extend on the active partition (so you'll need to boot something else, such as WinRE, to look at C:). But here's what I see on my D: drive.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	235945
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 11,682
    10 Home x64 (1903) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #93

    Bree said: View Post
    Unfortunately you can't use this trick to see $Extend on the active partition (so you'll need to boot something else, such as WinRE, to look at C:).
    @Steven Campoli,

    I've just done that using Kyhi's rescue disk. Here's what I found on C: in another 1809 system. $Extend is about 20MB.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-drive $Extend.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	235946
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 603
    Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
       #94

    Bree said: View Post
    @Steven Campoli,

    I've just done that using Kyhi's rescue disk. Here's what I found on C: in another 1809 system. $Extend is about 20MB.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C-drive $Extend.PNG 
Views:	2 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	235946
    I have a question..if I download kyhis rescue disk would it allow me to delete that folder
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 11,682
    10 Home x64 (1903) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #95

    Steven Campoli said: View Post
    I have a question..if I download kyhis rescue disk would it allow me to delete that folder
    Kyhi's rescue disk (or at least, the version I used) doesn't include 7-Zip. I actually ran 7zFM.exe from the C:\Program Files folder of the machine I was looking at.

    In 7-Zip File Manager, when right-clicking on anything in [SYSTEM] such as $Extend 'Delete' is greyed-out. Probably just as well, you risk damaging your NTFS structure if you delete its metadata.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 603
    Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
       #96

    Bree said: View Post
    Kyhi's rescue disk (or at least, the version I used) doesn't include 7-Zip. I actually ran 7zFM.exe from the C:\Program Files folder of the machine I was looking at.

    In 7-Zip File Manager, when right-clicking on anything in [SYSTEM] such as $Extend 'Delete' is greyed-out. Probably just as well, you risk damaging your NTFS structure if you delete its metadata.
    Ok so it's better I don't touch it...I usually know where my space is taken but I think I'm gonna have to let This one go. Thanks guys for responses
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 1,842
    Wiindows 10 Insider Build 18936/Fedora Rawhide.
       #97

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows 10 for Workstations-2019-06-03-10-53-28.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	438.6 KB 
ID:	235999OK I updated Windows for Workstation Insider Preview VM to 18908 and it's good until 7/31/2020. Now can anybody tell me why it's worth $300 to buy a key and install it on my workstation? FWIW I am now happily dual booting Ubuntu 19.19 (eoan Ermiine) and Fedora Rawhide and running VMware WS 15.1.0 with patched host modules. I'm favoring KDE Plasma Desktop these days.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 603
    Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
       #98

    Bree said: View Post
    Kyhi's rescue disk (or at least, the version I used) doesn't include 7-Zip. I actually ran 7zFM.exe from the C:\Program Files folder of the machine I was looking at.

    In 7-Zip File Manager, when right-clicking on anything in [SYSTEM] such as $Extend 'Delete' is greyed-out. Probably just as well, you risk damaging your NTFS structure if you delete its metadata.
    What I'm seeing is that the directory extend is getting larger and larger..from the last builds it keeps growing
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    #99

    Ship ready👌


    Ship ready, just need a build.
    Last edited by Bench Virgin; 03 Jun 2019 at 20:41.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 5/29: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18908 (20H1) - May 29 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18898 | Windows Experience Blog See also: KB4497165 Intel microcode updates for Windows 10 Insider...
UPDATE 5/8: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18894 (20H1) - May 8 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18890 | Windows Experience Blog 1123634850601111552 1123634531469127680
UPDATE 5/15: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18898 (20H1) - May 10 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18895 | Windows Experience Blog 1126895321764618241
UPDATE 5/10: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18895 (20H1) - May 10 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18894 | Windows Experience Blog 1126171085559422976 1126170933612302337
UPDATE 5/1: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18890 (20H1) - May 1 Insider - Windows 10 Forums Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18885 | Windows Experience Blog See also:
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59.
Find Us