Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
  1.    #120

    Ukajar said: View Post
    Hi

    Tried to update to 1903 but received error 0xc000000e and as a result my laptop will not boot up. Backed up with Macrium prior to the update attempt but obviously the backup cannot be used due to the booting problem.

    Any advice appreciated.

    Use the Macrium Reflect Rescue Media (assuming that you had created one, before), to boot and restore your image.
    If you don't have Rescue Media, use a Windows boot disk to boot your system.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    #121

    Thanks for your reply.

    Cannot use Macrium Reflect rescue which I created prior to the update attempt or the laptop's recovery disc as the machine will not boot up.

    Edit :- After five or six tries with macrium disc machine now booted!

    Now where did I put that bottle .......
    Last edited by Ukajar; 1 Week Ago at 13:55. Reason: Now able to to use macrium disc
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    #122

    Ukajar said: View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

    Cannot use Macrium Reflect rescue which I created prior to the update attempt or the laptop's recovery disc as the machine will not boot up.
    You need to boot with a bootable USB flash and do your recovery. You will probably need to download one on
    another pc or install a fast windows just to make the bootable recovery usb for Macrium and restore your image.
    I think any bootable windows pe environment usb should do the job. Just make sure you choose to boot from usb
    in bios .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    #123

    Ukajar said: View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

    Cannot use Macrium Reflect rescue which I created prior to the update attempt or the laptop's recovery disc as the machine will not boot up.

    Edit :- After five or six tries with macrium disc machine now booted!

    Now where did I put that bottle .......

    Great
    ....and stay away from that bottle, until you finish your image restoration!!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #124

    Hic hic ...... I’m doing my best!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hi Rezpower,

    Thank you also for your advice. Will take it on board in case of any repeat of the problem.
    As you will see I got lucky this time.

    Thanks again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    #125

    Ukajar said: View Post
    Hic hic ...... I’m doing my best!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hi Rezpower,

    Thank you also for your advice. Will take it on board in case of any repeat of the problem.
    As you will see I got lucky this time.

    Thanks again.
    Hi Ukaja,

    Thanks for your reply. I am happy that it's all sorted out. Backup images are real life savers :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    #126

    I'll add a new issue. Sandbox fails to start with error 0xc0370106 if you have installed KB4497165: Intel microcode updates.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8.    #127

    Well this is weird. I have a microSD card in an SD card adapter and tried to use it from my PCs SD card slot and it says card is readonly. I tried all the well known tricks to make it writeable and nothing works - this is normally a symptom SD card as failed.

    I checked SD card in a mobile phone andit worked fine which puzzled me.

    I then tried the SD card + adapter in a usb/sd card adapter and it worked fine.

    So SD card + adapter iin pc SD card slot sees SD card as read only but same in a usb adapter is fine and writes ok.

    Only thing I can think there is a driver error for SD card using SD card slot or slot itself is faulty.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 7,260
    Windows / Linux : Centos, Ubuntu, OpenSuse
       #128

    cereberus said: View Post
    Well this is weird. I have a microSD card in an SD card adapter and tried to use it from my PCs SD card slot and it says card is readonly. I tried all the well known tricks to make it writeable and nothing works - this is normally a symptom SD card as failed.

    I checked SD card in a mobile phone andit worked fine which puzzled me.

    I then tried the SD card + adapter in a usb/sd card adapter and it worked fine.

    So SD card + adapter iin pc SD card slot sees SD card as read only but same in a usb adapter is fine and writes ok.

    Only thing I can think there is a driver error for SD card using SD card slot or slot itself is faulty.
    Hi there
    this might sound bonkers but on a couple of those SD mico SD adapters there's a really almost invisible slider to switch to read only mode -- it's almost invisible --I've had 2 where its got stuck in the read only position -- like you I checked the card in a phone and it was perfectly OK.

    If you use the SD adapter things get a quality one as the "el-cheapo" ones will probably cause grief sooner or later.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    #129

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there
    this might sound bonkers but on a couple of those SD mico SD adapters there's a really almost invisible slider to switch to read only mode -- it's almost invisible --I've had 2 where its got stuck in the read only position -- like you I checked the card in a phone and it was perfectly OK.

    If you use the SD adapter things get a quality one as the "el-cheapo" ones will probably cause grief sooner or later.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    It cannot be that as adapter works fine when attached to usb reader but not to internal sd card reader.

    In the end, I have a solution - curious more than anything.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Related Threads
1136790864586366976 Source: How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update | Windows Experience Blog See also: How to Download Official Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft
Source: What's new for Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds (19H1) | Microsoft Docs See also: How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903 Windows 10 and Server 1903 ISO now available to download on MSDN What is new for IT pros in...
UPDATE 5/21: How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903 UPDATE 5/19: Cumulative Update KB4505057 Windows 10 Insider 1903 build 18362.116 UPDATE 5/1: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18890 (20H1) - May 1 Insider -...
Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-IT-Pro-Blog/What-s-new-in-Windows-Update-for-Business-in-Windows-10-version/ba-p/622064 See also: How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903 What is new for Windows 10 May...
Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-IT-Pro-Blog/What-s-new-for-IT-pros-in-Windows-10-version-1903/ba-p/622024 See also: How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903 What is new for Windows 10 May 2019 Update...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22.
Find Us