How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

  1.    #570

    Thanks to Tomcat's suggestion to repair install 1809 first, I completed my 4th and last 1903 upgrade today.
    This was a new laptop just like the one I had so many failed upgrade attempts earlier.
    - Performed an image backup
    - Downloaded Win10_1809Oct_v2_English_x64 iso from HeilDoc.and placed on the desktop.
    - uninstalled AV, Malwarebytes, VPN, and Ransom Stopper
    - removed the Macrium Boot Menu
    - disabled all 3rd party startup apps
    - disabled all 3rd party services
    - performed clean boot
    - mounted the Win10_1809Oct_v2_English_x64 iso and ran setup
    - it installed perfectly
    Did not even reboot
    - Copied the 1903 iso to the desktop, mounted and ran setup.
    1903 INSTALLED first time with no problems
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. Faith's Avatar
    Posts : 1,033
    Windows 10 Home May 2019 Update 64-bit
       #571

    Ok, now I've waited for almost a week and it's not been offered yet. I've taken all known precautions aswell. Do we know if this update will go through automatically -- download and install button appearing -- or do I need to wait until patch tuesday in June for this to arrive on its own? I am going to avoid forcing it just to see what it does.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 42,515
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #572

    Faith said: View Post
    Ok, now I've waited for almost a week and it's not been offered yet. I've taken all known precautions aswell. Do we know if this update will go through automatically -- download and install button appearing -- or do I need to wait until patch tuesday in June for this to arrive on its own? I am going to avoid forcing it just to see what it does.
    Simple answer, Faith. Unknown. Users of 99% of the claimed 800M "devices" don't even know there's one out there. There are valid reasons to wait, and valid reasons to use one of the MS tools. There's no right or wrong answer. You've got yourself as ready, or prepped, as can be. You're the deciding factor. Don't ask me what I would do, cause you know the answer.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    #573

    meebers said: View Post
    I think you are correct in that regard. I was trying to approach this as if it were an assembly of parts in a new computer build and having to start from ground zero. (minus a newer MB with up-to-date bios) I believe Kary was trying to do an upgrade on a system with an OS installed?? Tx
    I don't see any other way since you are talking about a fresh formatted SSD with no OS.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    #574

    @kado...Took around an hour to finish up...and worked just fine! Everything transferred over (apps, files, etc) only had to raise the volume control back to 100% (lol)...Will monitor it but doesn't appear to be any problems or bugs...The Upgrade Assistance seems to work very well...just have to be a little patient on the last 10% as it does drag at the end when it is downloading the installation files...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 25,650
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       #575

    Craig said: View Post
    @kado...Took around an hour to finish up...and worked just fine! Everything transferred over (apps, files, etc) only had to raise the volume control back to 100% (lol)...Will monitor it but doesn't appear to be any problems or bugs...The Upgrade Assistance seems to work very well...just have to be a little patient on the last 10% as it does drag at the end when it is downloading the installation files...
    That's good Craig. It's actually building the new OS at that stage in preparation for the restart when it swaps it over.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    #576

    IronZorg89 said: View Post
    I don't see any other way since you are talking about a fresh formatted SSD with no OS.
    Disconnected all but the new SSD loaded the iso in the dvd player and about 45 minutes later 18362.30 was there, activated and currently installing 7 updates after I checked for updates again. What a surprise, easiest update ever. Now starting personalization...

    UPDATE: After additional updates now sitting on 18362.116 The old beast did not choke once!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8.    #577

    Faith said: View Post
    Ok, now I've waited for almost a week and it's not been offered yet. I've taken all known precautions aswell. Do we know if this update will go through automatically -- download and install button appearing -- or do I need to wait until patch tuesday in June for this to arrive on its own? I am going to avoid forcing it just to see what it does.
    We will be taking a measured and throttled approach, allowing us to study device health data as we increase availability via Windows Update

    To safeguard your update experience, we have applied a hold on devices with an external USB device or SD memory card attached from being offered Windows 10, version 1903 until this issue is resolved.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...for-windows-10

    You have probably taken care of that part (USB sticks, SD cards...), but there is also that ML (machine learning) thing by MS. On top of that, there is also the fact that MS is rolling out this FU first to new machines with newer hardware and then after to older ones.

    By and large, that probably explains why you are still waiting for this FU to show up to your machine.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    #578

    meebers said: View Post
    Disconnected all but the new SSD loaded the iso in the dvd player and about 45 minutes later 18362.30 was there, activated and currently installing 7 updates after I checked for updates again. What a surprise, easiest update ever. Now starting personalization...

    UPDATE: After additional updates not sitting on 18362.116
    , but I am trying to understand what you meant by "After additional updates not sitting on 18362.116".
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    #579

    IronZorg89 said: View Post
    , but I am trying to understand what you meant by "After additional updates not sitting on 18362.116".
    Sorry, It was a typo "not" should be "now" error code = Fat Fingers
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Source: What's new for Windows 10 Insider Preview Builds (19H1) | Microsoft Docs What's new in Windows 10, version 1903 IT Pro content | Microsoft Docs See also: How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903 Windows 10 and...
UPDATE 7/9: Cumulative Update KB4507453 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.239 - July 9 UPDATE 5/21: How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903 UPDATE 4/23: Microsoft blocks Windows 10 May 2019 Update with USB device or SD card -...
Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-IT-Pro-Blog/What-s-new-in-Windows-Update-for-Business-in-Windows-10-version/ba-p/622064 See also: How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903 What is new for Windows 10 May...
Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Windows-IT-Pro-Blog/What-s-new-for-IT-pros-in-Windows-10-version-1903/ba-p/622024 See also: How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903 What is new for Windows 10 May 2019 Update...
Source: Now accepting Windows 10, version 1903 submissions - Microsoft Tech Community - 473707
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:02.
Find Us