New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18898 (20H1) - May 15 Insider

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,235
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #60

    Holy moly!
    This is the first build upgrade in a long while that went through clean and with no problems(as it should be)

    I had skipped the last one, as I am getting sick & tired of having to spend a day or two getting builds to upgrade, and was quickly loosing interest in the Win 10 insiders program.
    But now, at least with this upgrade, I feel the twitch again
      My Computers

  2. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,235
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #61

    Of course being a Hyper-V VM it would show the M.2 NVMe the machine(all my VMs are on a second M.2 NVMe disk than my system disk) is on as a HDD
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18898 (20H1) - May 15-th_other_sarcasmmeter.gif
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18898 (20H1) - May 15-image.png

    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18898 (20H1) - May 15-image.png
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 1,806
    W10 pro x64 Skip Ahead + Edge Dev
       #62

    larc919 said:
    Once I had all the fonts, sizes, colors, icon spacing and etc. set the way I wanted, I exported a .reg file of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics and run that on each new Windows build. After a reboot, everything looks the way it should.
    @larc919 thanks, that's a good tip... useful to know.
      My Computer

  4. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,235
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #63

    I always get a kick at the difference chkdsk has in a VM.
    An how much faster it is compared to real hardware.
    Plus it shows more data too.
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18898 (20H1) - May 15-image.png
      My Computers

  5. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 32,651
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v1909 and insider builds
       #64

    Cliff S said:
    Of course being a Hyper-V VM it would show the M.2 NVMe the machine(all my VMs are on a second M.2 NVMe disk than my system disk) is on as a HDD
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18898 (20H1) - May 15-th_other_sarcasmmeter.gif
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18898 (20H1) - May 15-image.png

    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18898 (20H1) - May 15-image.png
    You can tell VB whether it's an SSD.
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18898 (20H1) - May 15-image-001.png
      My Computer

  6. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 32,651
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v1909 and insider builds
       #65

    Well they did ask so I told them.
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18898 (20H1) - May 15-image-001.png
      My Computer

  7. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,235
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #66

    Good feedback Keith!
    The settings app is so convoluted, as it is, compared to a nice old fashioned tree menu, without them adding more redundant crap💩
      My Computers


  8. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 32,651
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v1909 and insider builds
       #67

    Cliff S said:
    Good feedback Keith!
    The settings app is so convoluted, as it is, compared to a nice old fashioned tree menu, without them adding more redundant crap
    Lol. Do you think they'll take any notice?
      My Computer

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 24,235
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #68

    kado897 said:
    Lol. Do you think they'll take any notice?
    No way!
    They'll probably feel insulted and personally attacked, and then have to crawl into their "Safe Space" for an hour or two
      My Computers

  10. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 32,651
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v1909 and insider builds
       #69

    Cliff S said:
    No way!
    They'll probably feel insulted and personally attacked, and then have to crawl into their "Safe Space" for an hour or two
      My Computer


 
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums