What is new in Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004 (20H1)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

  1. Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Version 1909 x86_64
       #70

    Waiting eagerly for the official release.


    Waiting eagerly for May 28 to update my main desktop.
      My Computer

  2. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,322
    Windows10
       #71

    Well, here is an interesting "new feature" for Windows 10 Home Users cleaning installing .

    What is new in Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004 (20H1)-image.png
      My Computer

  3. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 15,240
    10 Home x64 (1909) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #72

    cereberus said:
    Well, here is an interesting "new feature" for Windows 10 Home Users cleaning installing .

    I'm not sure it is specifically a new 2004 feature. I think that this may be controlled from the MS servers. The OoBE seems to download instructions from the web if it finds that is connected. I have recently done a clean install of earlier versions that used to offer the offline account in Home, but they too had stopped showing it.

    However it has been fixed, it's a welcome return of an old friend.
      My Computers

  4. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,322
    Windows10
       #73

    Bree said:
    I'm not sure it is specifically a new 2004 feature. I think that this may be controlled from the MS servers. The OoBE seems to download instructions from the web if it finds that is connected. I have recently done a clean install of earlier versions that used to offer the offline account in Home, but they too had stopped showing it.

    However it has been fixed, it's a welcome return of an old friend.
    I was kidding. Obviously MS have retracted their unreasonable position about forcing users to use an MS account. Probably got told by their legal department that they were in breach of anti competition practices, I bet.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 136
    Win 10
       #74

    cereberus said:
    I was kidding. Obviously MS have retracted their unreasonable position about forcing users to use an MS account. Probably got told by their legal department that they were in breach of anti competition practices, I bet.
    When you did the install did you have internet access?
    Cause that is the workaround to getting a local account, install with no networking.
      My Computer

  6. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 4,007
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 1909 18363.836
       #75

    EdKiefer said:
    Cause that is the workaround to getting a local account, install with no networking.
    Or you could try the procedures in step 24 here - To Set Up Windows 10 with a Local Account.
      My Computers

  7. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 11,322
    Windows10
       #76

    EdKiefer said:
    When you did the install did you have internet access?
    Cause that is the workaround to getting a local account, install with no networking.
    You miss the point. You no longer have to do that with 2004 as our old friend "use offline account" link is back for Home even if connected to internet all the time.
      My Computer


  8. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 48,607
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 19631
    Thread Starter
       #77
      My Computers


 
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:56.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums