Your Firefox extensions are all disabled? That's a bug!

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
  1. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 23,424
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18312
       #140

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    And when another browser has a similar, or any problem, the same will be said of them. Life is not perfect.
    Absolutely, TC. Firefox was out of commission, extension wise, for a little over 48 hours and from the negative comments I've seen, you'd think Mozilla did this on purpose! They didn't. As far as I can see, it was simply human error. Stuff happens!

    Instead of saying it's Microsoft's fault, the Mozilla Team went to work to find the root cause; they worked all night and all the next day. When it was announced the team needed some downtime, there were complaints! Unbelievable! In the end, in little more than 48 hours the Mozilla teams fixed the problems.

    What this "outage" did for me was to make me appreciate what I have with Firefox, and quite frankly, I'm even less inclined to change browsers than I would have been before. I don't have to see ads; I I have uBlock Origin. I don't have to worry about security because I have HTTPS Everywhere. No Miners keeps the nasties from mining my information. Yep, other Browsers have this too, but are they as easy to use as Firefox? Not for me.

    I see the glass as half full (because I already drank the first half) instead of half empty!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    #141

    There's no 'other browser' any more.

    Browser market share

    So I would tread carefully if I were Firefox these days.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. JohnBurns's Avatar
    Posts : 410
    Windows 10 1803 Build 17134.319
       #142

    They might even give MS Edge Dev a boost!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Eddie Doc's Avatar
    Posts : 270
    Windows 10 Home Version 1903 OS Build 18362.175
       #143

    Wynona said: View Post
    Absolutely, TC. Firefox was out of commission, extension wise, for a little over 48 hours and from the negative comments I've seen, you'd think Mozilla did this on purpose! They didn't. As far as I can see, it was simply human error. Stuff happens!

    Instead of saying it's Microsoft's fault, the Mozilla Team went to work to find the root cause; they worked all night and all the next day. When it was announced the team needed some downtime, there were complaints! Unbelievable! In the end, in little more than 48 hours the Mozilla teams fixed the problems.

    What this "outage" did for me was to make me appreciate what I have with Firefox, and quite frankly, I'm even less inclined to change browsers than I would have been before. I don't have to see ads; I I have uBlock Origin. I don't have to worry about security because I have HTTPS Everywhere. No Miners keeps the nasties from mining my information. Yep, other Browsers have this too, but are they as easy to use as Firefox? Not for me.

    I see the glass as half full (because I already drank the first half) instead of half empty!
    Curiously, my extensions were restored about 12 hours after they were disabled.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 23,424
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18312
       #144

    JohnBurns said: View Post
    They might even give MS Edge Dev a boost!
    I don't think so! I try Edge a bit with each new Build, and so far, it can't match the performance of Firefox. It's just a fact that Microsoft can't easily get around.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    #145

    krzemien said: View Post
    There's no 'other browser' any more.

    Browser market share

    So I would tread carefully if I were Firefox these days.
    I actually find it shocking that IE is still being used to that extent nowadays!

    Oh, and the fix in 66.0.4 worked for me, no more problems with addons (only have two installed but still...).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 23,424
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18312
       #146

    Eddie Doc said: View Post
    Curiously, my extensions were restored about 12 hours after they were disabled.
    From everything I've read, there were about as many different problems/solutions as there are folks using Firefox! I was on 66.03 when the problem was first discovered, but everything was working as it should . . . that is, until I saw a link to 66.04 early on. I'm not sure if someone jumped the gun with the link release, or if someone leaked the link. Regardless, I got it and it broke my extensions!

    I reinstalled HTTPS Everywhere and everything was fine again. I've now stopped Studies and everything remains fine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 23,424
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18312
       #147

    Windows Hello FIDO2 certification gets you closer to passwordless

    And . . . guess which Browser is first to support FIDO2? Yehhhhhhhhh, Firefox!

    Pretty interesting article, but I'm the world's worst to lose things! I'd probably have to buy 15 of 'em just to be able to find at least one!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    #148

    PaulGo said: View Post
    Running Firefox 67b16 on two computers the bug affected my laptop but not my desktop. The Firefox fix fixed the laptop.
    Hey Paul, could you be from the ST generation or the 8 bits? I am for that matter ! Started on the 600 then the 800.. then the ST..It was such an era i tell ya!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. JohnBurns's Avatar
    Posts : 410
    Windows 10 1803 Build 17134.319
       #149

    They have NOT fixed my extensions. Extensions are the reason I used FF. Reverting back to Google Chrome.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Browsers & Email Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox in Tutorials
How to Install Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. This tutorial will show you how to install an extension add-on to Firefox for...
Extensions in Firefox 66 in Windows 10 News
Source: Extensions in Firefox 66 | Mozilla Add-ons Blog Download: Latest Firefox Released for Windows - Windows 10 Forums
Firefox says they're working on webextension support for their addons, potentially letting users install google chrome extensions on firefox for cross-compatibility or something, which is why I would really like to use the improvedtube chrome...
Firefox 57 Ready Extensions in Browsers and Email
Just in case you want to know what extensions will work with Firefox 57 as of today the link in below::tip::bsod: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?q=Firefox+57+Ready&platform=windows&appver=54.0&page=2
Browser extensions disabled in Browsers and Email
I use various browsers on my computers associated with the different uses I put them to. On my Windows 10 machine, every time I launch Firefox, I find all of the extensions I have installed have been disabled. I have to re-enable them in settings...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21.
Find Us