Cumulative Update KB4495667 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.475 - May 3 Win Update

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1.    #40

    Thank you!
    Back then when it broke for me, I found a handful of "workaround" but none of those ever worked for me. The one you posetd is different though, but hopefully, now that they have fixed it (it would seem), we won't need it anymore.
    But I'm bookmarking it... just in case.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 284
    Windows 10 Pro 1903 (18362.175)
       #41

    They wanted it out before MS Build, starting May 6th.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    #42

    Did Windows XP, Vista, Win7 and Win8 have so many "Issues Addressed" (aka problems) 3.5 years after being released? I still find it amazing to see so many in Win10 every month.

    It's like the Windows-10 team fixes them slowly and only partially, in order to keep themselves important and earning big bucks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    #43

    EdKiefer said: View Post
    This is the second time no CU is available when I set feature updates delayed by some days, as soon as I adjust back to 0 I get the CU.
    That is weird.
    That's normal. These interim updates are recognised as feature updates so you won't get them if you have deferred feature updates.
    Last edited by Steve C; 05 May 2019 at 02:09.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    #44

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    The wording is probably not as clear as it should be (surprise!). My understanding is delaying feature updates includes, a) any new Feature Updates themselves, such as the upcoming 19H1, and b) any non-security updates to the current Feature Update (this case, 1809).

    The delaying of Quality Updates would the Security updates normally issued on Patch Tuesday, and any other time deemed necessary.

    Since this KB was not a security update, but improvements/fixes to features in the current Feature Update (1809), setting any non-zero delay for them would prevent them from being offered.

    Hope I haven't added more to the confusion. Anybody else, chime in if you have any thoughts.

    Attachment 232538
    I you have deferred feature updates then you won't get these interim updates but you will receive the monthly Patch Tuesday Updates.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    #45

    AllenChicago said: View Post
    Did Windows XP, Vista, Win7 and Win8 have so many "Issues Addressed" (aka problems) 3.5 years after being released? I still find it amazing to see so many in Win10 every month.

    It's like the Windows-10 team fixes them slowly and only partially, in order to keep themselves important and earning big bucks.
    Yes, they did but with less "addressed". Apart from service packs, W7 and before were not in continuous development like W10, after first year, there was little new that could change situation. It was also dealt with much quieter, MS not admitting to anything. Patches were applied without any noise.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 7,296
    Windows / Linux : Centos, Ubuntu, OpenSuse
       #46

    Hi there
    Apart from security issues there wasn't anything wrong with service pack releases -- XP SP1,2 and 3 all got installed with minimum of fuss, same for W7 although W7 had a load of significant "Windows is updating" messages just as you wanted to logoff and go home for the evening.

    If one uses TEST BUILDS then I can't see problems of loads of fixes, changes etc -- surely that's the whole point of having these tested by more experienced users -- maybe Ms has different Windows kernel modules etc that it wants to test etc.

    If people are using these builds as "everyday" or production machines then they shouldn't grumble when there's defects -- by all means point out e.g the well known VMWare problem with USB disks but no sympathy if you are using these machines for anything other than testing.

    Now if a standard current retail release fails - that's a different issue altogether.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8.    #47

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there
    Apart from security issues there wasn't anything wrong with service pack releases -- XP SP1,2 and 3 all got installed with minimum of fuss, same for W7 although W7 had a load of significant "Windows is updating" messages just as you wanted to logoff and go home for the evening.

    If one uses TEST BUILDS then I can't see problems of loads of fixes, changes etc -- surely that's the whole point of having these tested by more experienced users -- maybe Ms has different Windows kernel modules etc that it wants to test etc.

    If people are using these builds as "everyday" or production machines then they shouldn't grumble when there's defects -- by all means point out e.g the well known VMWare problem with USB disks but no sympathy if you are using these machines for anything other than testing.

    Now if a standard current retail release fails - that's a different issue altogether.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Service packs ere not very dependable either, had a lot of problems with them. Some I remember: SP3 in XP was killing sound left and right upgrading from SP2 if you don't install drivers updated for SP3 before attempting upgrade. Upgrading from original XP and from SP1 would almost invariably refuse to install or bork out whole system.
    With W7, several times it took whole day to apply SP1 and results were not very sure. In all those cases, clean install with appropriate build was easier and better. At those times systems and drives were much slower with less memory etc. and good results were not guaranteed. Too many sudden changes, I guess.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 41,668
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #48

    Steve C said: View Post
    I you have deferred feature updates then you won't get these interim updates but you will receive the monthly Patch Tuesday Updates.
    Yes, I know all that, Steve, that's what I posted, pictures and all. Is this a repeat for the OP?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 256
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 1903 OS 18362.175
       #49

    Got May 3 2019 KB4495667 OS Build 17763.475 update on May 4 2019 all went well and fast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-05_13-17-33.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	232761
    One thing I have noticed is that the 365 Office icons have changed
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-05_13-18-21.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	2.7 KB 
ID:	232762
    Is this as a result of the KB4495667 update or did 365 Office updated at the same time?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 5/3: Cumulative Update KB4495667 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.475 - May 3 Windows Update - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4501835 Direct download links for KB4501835 MSU file from Microsoft...
UPDATE 12/11: Cumulative Update KB4471332 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.194 - Dec. 11 Windows Update - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4469342 Direct download links for KB4469342 MSU file from...
Microsoft has released a new Cumulative Update KB4476976 version for Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.292 to Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring. Release notes are not yet available from Microsoft, but this post will be updated...
UPDATE 12/19: Cumulative Update KB4483235 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.195 - Dec. 19 Windows Update - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4471332/windows-10-update-kb4471332 Direct download links for...
UPDATE 12/5: Cumulative Update KB4469342 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.168 - Dec. 5 Windows Update - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4467708/windows-10-update-kb4467708 Direct download links for...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13.
Find Us