Cumulative Update KB4495667 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.475 - May 3 Win Update

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    #10

    4 done, 2 left to go. Had a funny experience on my production desktop: after the reboot, the screen didn't light up until it was 99% done with update processing. I was starting to wonder if the machine hadn't booted. It had. But it didn't talk to the display until the whole shooting match was just about over. Helps me understand why they say "Patience is a virtue." None of the other 3 systems I updated manifested such behavior. Go figure!
    --Ed--
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    #11

    EdTittel said: View Post
    4 done, 2 left to go. Had a funny experience on my production desktop: after the reboot, the screen didn't light up until it was 99% done with update processing. I was starting to wonder if the machine hadn't booted. It had. But it didn't talk to the display until the whole shooting match was just about over. Helps me understand why they say "Patience is a virtue." None of the other 3 systems I updated manifested such behavior. Go figure!
    --Ed--
    Check your GPU driver, it might have sneaked another one in.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. WEKJR's Avatar
    Posts : 363
    Win7 SP1 Ultimate and Win10 18936.1000 64bit Pro
       #12

    Took about 10 Minutes total to install 17763.475 on top of .439. All is going well. Now to update the second machine in the office.

    WEK
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 26,864
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       #13

    All done. Caught me by surprise. Strange day to release a CU.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #14

    Thanks @CountMike: that was exactly it! Checked Reliability Monitor and it showed a new Nvidia driver installed at around the same time/date. Good call!
    --Ed--
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    #15

    EdTittel said: View Post
    Thanks @CountMike: that was exactly it! Checked Reliability Monitor and it showed a new Nvidia driver installed at around the same time/date. Good call!
    --Ed--
    Black screen was a clear sign, driver has to be disabled to update or change version.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    #16

    This is the second time no CU is available when I set feature updates delayed by some days, as soon as I adjust back to 0 I get the CU.
    That is weird.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 42,157
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #17

    EdKiefer said: View Post
    This is the second time no CU is available when I set feature updates delayed by some days, as soon as I adjust back to 0 I get the CU.
    That is weird.
    The wording is probably not as clear as it should be (surprise!). My understanding is delaying feature updates includes, a) any new Feature Updates themselves, such as the upcoming 19H1, and b) any non-security updates to the current Feature Update (this case, 1809).

    The delaying of Quality Updates would the Security updates normally issued on Patch Tuesday, and any other time deemed necessary.

    Since this KB was not a security update, but improvements/fixes to features in the current Feature Update (1809), setting any non-zero delay for them would prevent them from being offered.

    Hope I haven't added more to the confusion. Anybody else, chime in if you have any thoughts.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-03_15h33_32.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	232538
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    #18

    Finally, my old eMachines updated to1809 and was it slow!!!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    #19

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    The wording is probably not as clear as it should be (surprise!). My understanding is delaying feature updates includes, a) any new Feature Updates themselves, such as the upcoming 19H1, and b) any non-security updates to the current Feature Update (this case, 1809).

    The delaying of Quality Updates would the Security updates normally issued on Patch Tuesday, and any other time deemed necessary.

    Since this KB was not a security update, but improvements/fixes to features in the current Feature Update (1809), setting any non-zero delay for them would prevent them from being offered.

    Hope I haven't added more to the confusion. Anybody else, chime in if you have any thoughts.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-03_15h33_32.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	232538
    Yes, I guess when a patch comes down makes sense, didn't look at it that way.
    Its not big deal since I know what to do and reset the delay afterwards.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 5/3: Cumulative Update KB4495667 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.475 - May 3 Windows Update - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4501835 Direct download links for KB4501835 MSU file from Microsoft...
UPDATE 12/11: Cumulative Update KB4471332 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.194 - Dec. 11 Windows Update - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4469342 Direct download links for KB4469342 MSU file from...
Microsoft has released a new Cumulative Update KB4476976 version for Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.292 to Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring. Release notes are not yet available from Microsoft, but this post will be updated...
UPDATE 12/19: Cumulative Update KB4483235 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.195 - Dec. 19 Windows Update - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4471332/windows-10-update-kb4471332 Direct download links for...
UPDATE 12/5: Cumulative Update KB4469342 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.168 - Dec. 5 Windows Update - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4467708/windows-10-update-kb4467708 Direct download links for...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:39.
Find Us