New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18361 (19H1) - March 19 Insider

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. sgage's Avatar
    Posts : 974
    Windows 10 Pro (version 1809)
       #30

    WEKJR said: View Post
    1. Type Regedit and press Enter key
    2. Expand the sections below Computer to navigate your way to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
    3. Making sure you've selected Desktop in the left pane, next, look for PaintDesktopVersion in the right-hand pane of alphabetical entries
    4. Double-click on Desktop
    5. Type 0
    6. Press Enter
    7. Exit regedit and use 'Restart' computer. (Most times you don't need to reboot)

    WEK
    That's the registry entry for the desktop watermark - I want to get rid of the banner at the top of Settings that shows links for things like Rewards and Windows Update and OneDrive management. It's useless to me and jarring visually.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    #31

    This upgrade went very well! 32 minutes from starting download to working desktop!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. WEKJR's Avatar
    Posts : 338
    Win7 SP1 Ultimate and Win10 18895.1000 64bit Pro
       #32

    sgage said: View Post
    That's the registry entry for the desktop watermark - I want to get rid of the banner at the top of Settings that shows links for things like Rewards and Windows Update and OneDrive management. It's useless to me and jarring visually.
    Sorry, don't have that registry entry...I misread your request.

    WEK
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    #33

    Downloading now...! Reading the "known issues" I'm beginning to feel for people with Creative X-Fi cards--Creative is taking its sweet time with the drivers--and here every RealTek driver published has worked with every Win10x64 build I've installed, somehow. People sometimes forget that Microsoft doesn't do hardware drivers for custom devices, Microsoft depends entirely on the OEM (Creative in this case) to give them a driver that works. The drivers that Microsoft does itself are rudimentary, designed to get you booted so you can access the Internet and install the complete OEM drivers for your custom hardware--like GPU, sound-card, printer, etc. Years ago, I owned an X-Fi, myself--and I recall it taking an enormously long time for Creative to ramp up Vista x64 drivers that worked--but they finally did, and they were very good drivers at that point. It just took them long enough! I actually use OEM drivers for every hardware custom component in my system for which a Win10x driver exists, as a matter of personal policy--eliminates a number of possible problems, I've found.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    #34

    Same as last two , no issues for my system .
    Last edited by Bench Virgin; 19 Mar 2019 at 17:21.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    #35

    Anyone else unable to enter safe mode with this build - system ignores keys "5" and "F5" and timesout to shutdown. Tried a wired and wireless USB keyboard but no luck yet both work in the UEFI and with Windows desktop. Any ideas please?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    #36

    MUser said: View Post
    Anyone else unable to enter safe mode with this build - system ignores keys "5" and "F5" and timesout to shutdown. Tried a wired and wireless USB keyboard but no luck yet both work in the UEFI and with Windows desktop. Any ideas please?
    I got this from a MS web site a while ago. It takes me into safe mode.


    1. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    2. Type msconfig in the Open box and then select OK.
    3. Select the Boot tab.
    4. Under Boot options, select the Safe boot checkbox.


    Uncheck safe boot and restart to get out of safe mode.

    you can check this link for more options to get into safe mode.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-in-safe-mode
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    #37

    Looey said: View Post
    I got this from a MS web site a while ago. It takes me into safe mode.


    1. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    2. Type msconfig in the Open box and then select OK.
    3. Select the Boot tab.
    4. Under Boot options, select the Safe boot checkbox.


    Uncheck safe boot and restart to get out of safe mode.

    you can check this link for more options to get into safe mode.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-in-safe-mode
    Thank you!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    #38

    Is this the final build now?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 25,661
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       #39

    No.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 3/22: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 18362 (19H1) - Mar. 22 Insider - Windows 10 Forums Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18356 | Windows Experience Blog 1108051522686861313 1108052532692025345
UPDATE 3/19: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18361 (19H1) - March 19 Insider - Windows 10 Forums Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18358 | Windows Experience Blog 1106662211198410752 1106663209996447744
UPDATE 3/15: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 18356 (19H1) - March 15 Insider - Windows 10 Forums Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18351 | Windows Experience Blog 1106319592211640320
UPDATE 3/12: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18356 (19H1) - March 12 Insider - Windows 10 Forums Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18353 | Windows Experience Blog 1104080296914300930
UPDATE 3/5: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18351 (19H1) - March 5 Insider - Windows 10 Forums Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18348 | Windows Experience Blog 1101544301379510277
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:30.
Find Us