New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18348 (19H1) - March 1 Insider

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
  1. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 384
    Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
       #100

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    The feature we are talking about here can't be disabled in Windows 10, maybe you are confused, this is what we are talking about:
    Attachment 226173
    (from the flight notes of build 18282)


    Navigation panel.
    Exactly that, my issue was that after the update it wouldn't expand. I reinstalled and it started working again, I thought maybe their was a setting for that...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 39,905
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #101

    Is anyone else having issues updating 18348 or Skippy 18845 thru VMWare? Whether I use WU or an ISO, I get the same crash. After Restart, it just hangs, and forcing it to retry gives this error. This is on VMs only, not physical machine updates. 18343 is fine, I can do an in-place with VMWare using the 18343 ISO, same with Skippy. It's just 18346/348 and the 18845 Skippy. Something has changed in the Setup.exe that is causing VMWare to violate some Safe-Boot phase OP. Yes, Secure Boot is off. This is the error produced. This occurred before with physical machines some time back, maybe a year ago, and looks very familiar. Any insights appreciated. Thanks.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-03-03_20h22_11.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	18.0 KB 
ID:	226231
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 15,647
    Windows 10 Pro
       #102

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Is anyone else having issues updating 18348 or Skippy 18845 thru VMWare? Whether I use WU or an ISO, I get the same crash. After Restart, it just hangs, and forcing it to retry gives this error.
    Try this, it bypasses the offline phase and issues related to it: Windows Insider build - Alternative method to clean install | Tutorials

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 384
    Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
       #103

    Steven Campoli said: View Post
    Exactly that, my issue was that after the update it wouldn't expand. I reinstalled and it started working again, I thought maybe their was a setting for that...
    So I can confirm, I reinstalled this build and after a few hours the navigation panel stopped working.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Ztruker's Avatar
    Posts : 7,486
    Windows 10 Pro X64 1809 17763.348
       #104

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    The feature we are talking about here can't be disabled in Windows 10 (if you have it), maybe you are confused, this is what we are talking about:
    Attachment 226173
    (from the flight notes of build 18282)

    Navigation panel.

    Or maybe you're referring to something else.
    Sorry, I got this thread and one on Friendly dates confused.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 1,255
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17763.379, 18860,18362
       #105

    Well, this is the official explanation of why the navigation panel doesn't expand automatically in this build:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pane.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	226251

    As I said before, in these builds there are many features that Microsoft activates via server, the Settings header, the friendly dates, the navigation pane, etc, they decide when to remove one of those features to "validate it in the off state".
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Steven Campoli's Avatar
    Posts : 384
    Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit
       #106

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    Well, this is the official explanation of why the navigation panel doesn't expand automatically in this build:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pane.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	226251

    As I said before, in these builds there are many features that Microsoft activates via server, the Settings header, the friendly dates, the navigation pane, etc, they decide when to remove one of those features to "validate it in the off state".
    Thanks you!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 24,607
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       #107

    Steven Campoli said: View Post
    Thanks you!
    "Validate it in the off state" Does that suggest that there is going to be a switch to turn it off?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    #108

    When will the RTM Build Be done? im likeing this build no issues.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 39,905
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #109

    Kari said: View Post
    Try this, it bypasses the offline phase and issues related to it: Windows Insider build - Alternative method to clean install | Tutorials

    Kari
    Thanks, Kari. But I am not looking to clean install. This is happening whether I go the WU route, or from and ISO (UUPtoISO or UUPDump). And only when working with the Insider VM under VMWare. Just started with 18346 and 18845. It's not practical for me to clean install every new Insider build. Thanks, again.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Related Threads
1102994924146847744 ISO Download: Download Windows 10 ISO File | Tutorials Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18343 | Windows Experience Blog 1099006962891743232
UPDATE 3/1: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18348 (19H1) - March 1 Insider - Windows 10 Forums Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18346 | Windows Experience Blog 1100456847616561152
UPDATE 2/20: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18342 (19H1) - Feb. 20 Insider - Windows 10 Forums Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18334 | Windows Experience Blog 1093933269853167616 1093933476087136256
UPDATE 2/1: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18329 (19H1) - Feb. 1 Insider - Windows 10 Forums Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18323 | Windows Experience Blog 1088577424055427077
UPDATE 1/15: KB4487181 Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18312.1007 - Jan. 15 Insider - Windows 10 Forums Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18312 | Windows Experience Blog 1083061063841546240 1083060503017009152
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:58.
Find Us