Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

  1. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,968
    All kinds
       09 Aug 2015 #31

    Don't forget that there's desktop still, also taskbar and taskabar menus where shortcuts could be placed. Start menu is not only place.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       09 Aug 2015 #32

    CountMike said: View Post
    Don't forget that there's desktop still, also taskbar and taskabar menus where shortcuts could be placed. Start menu is not only place.
    Oh yeah those. Limited taskbar space, not everyone has multiple monitors and bars, thank god for multiple desktops for running programs. However, people like myself, keep their workspace on the desktop, not the actually launching of something. I have a full desktop, I need my start menu. Before you ask, yes my taskbar is full.

    Point is, regardless of "other" solutions, this shouldn't be an issue needing a solution. So far everyone has said the same thing, do this instead. That shouldn't even be a solution. That's a work around and doesn't fix the issue, which is people like myself want that menu how we want it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,968
    All kinds
       09 Aug 2015 #33

    Most people don't run into that problem, I divide start places between multiple places so even with large number of installed programs I wouldn't know abut that problem if not for that article.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Dec 2013
    Portsmouth Hampshire
    Posts : 1,197
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       09 Aug 2015 #34

    I like nothing on my desktop but everything available from my desktop toolbar from a single click to get to any item on the menu, then another to access it:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (16).png 
Views:	18 
Size:	878.8 KB 
ID:	30112
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       09 Aug 2015 #35

    CountMike said: View Post
    Most people don't run into that problem, I divide start places between multiple places so even with large number of installed programs I wouldn't know abut that problem if not for that article.
    I keep reading most people don't run into that problem, yet I'm seeing 100,000's of non-repeat posts across the internet....


    Fafhrd said: View Post
    I like nothing on my desktop but everything available from my desktop toolbar from a single click to get to any item on the menu, then another to access it:


    That's actually what my taskbar looks like. 3 rows, all full, shortened names, about 50-100 shortcuts per, and separate shortcuts via startmenu. Desktop is full of work content.

    My wife doesn't game or anything like I do, and shes got a full start menu, desktop, taskbar, shes the "normal" user and it's affecting her as well. I think folks need to re-think how they approach looking at this problem. It's not about what you can do to avoid 512, it's about what you can do with your operating system.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       09 Aug 2015 #36

    CountMike said: View Post
    Most people don't run into that problem, I divide start places between multiple places so even with large number of installed programs I wouldn't know abut that problem if not for that article.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       09 Aug 2015 #37

    eqsanctum said: View Post
    Oh yeah those. Limited taskbar space, not everyone has multiple monitors and bars, thank god for multiple desktops for running programs. However, people like myself, keep their workspace on the desktop, not the actually launching of something. I have a full desktop, I need my start menu. Before you ask, yes my taskbar is full.

    Point is, regardless of "other" solutions, this shouldn't be an issue needing a solution. So far everyone has said the same thing, do this instead. That shouldn't even be a solution. That's a work around and doesn't fix the issue, which is people like myself want that menu how we want it.
    . . .Darn another let down. . .here I thought all computer users had at least three monitors. . .just hate learning something new sometimes. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 86
    Windows 10 Pro
       13 Aug 2015 #38

    Would this also explain why I can't pin some apps to the start menu as well. By my count, I have 620. Well over the 512 limit. Explains why some folders do not show up. EA's Origin won't pin to the start menu so I wonder if this also had something to do with it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 1
    windows 10
       28 Aug 2015 #39

    many people miss the point.
    there does NOT HAVE to be 512 apps installed.
    ONE APP may contain 4 or 5 listings

    Example
    Paragon Disk manager
    Paragon Recovery Build
    Paragon UNINSTALL

    THAT is just from one program
    THAT is why many people run into this issue

    It DOES NEED a fix.
    thanks
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 27
    Windows 10
       28 Aug 2015 #40

    GamerwGlasses said: View Post
    Would this also explain why I can't pin some apps to the start menu as well. By my count, I have 620. Well over the 512 limit. Explains why some folders do not show up. EA's Origin won't pin to the start menu so I wonder if this also had something to do with it.
    Correct, anything that is not searchable in the start menu cannot be pinned. The start menu treats it as if it doesn't exist.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Start Menu Most Used Apps - Add or Remove in Windows 10
How to Add or Remove Most Used apps on Start Menu in Windows 10 The Must used group on your Start menu will store and display your recently opened apps. Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328, the most used apps list and the All...
Tutorials
All apps in Start menu - Open and Use in Windows 10
How to Open and Use All apps in Windows 10 Start menu All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps are grouped into folders with the folder name in...
Tutorials
Windows 10 start menu/notification menu/metro apps not opening anymore
I am using Windows 10 for around 2 days now. But today my computer freezed while playing a game, so i restarted my computer and when i logged in, the start menu,notification menu and metro apps would not open anymore. Whats is happening?
General Support
Windows 10 upgrade from 8.1 no start menu or any metro apps
Hi all, I updated today but I have no start menu, indeed it wont run any metro apps so the search bit doesnt work. If I create a new user they do work. Unfortunately this schizophrenic OS doesnt give me the option of the revert back to my...
Installation and Setup
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:21.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums