Cumulative Update KB4487044 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.316 - Feb. 12 Win Update

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
  1. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,072
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.379 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       #130

    @jimbo45

    Developer mode might have changed to "sideload apps" instead of "store only".

    By the way, yesterday I ran Windows 10 ARM 1803 on my Raspberry Pi3. Setting it up was crazy slow, but once the disk read activity settled down, it worked surprisingly well. Did not expect much from running from an SD-card and with no GPU acceleration.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 6,744
    Windows / Linux : Centos, Ubuntu, OpenSuse
       #131

    Hi folks

    I know a lot don't like IE11 but I also noticed on this release after the updates that if I shut down windows and re-booted without having closed IE11 sessions on re-start I got in the notification area -- recent activities with the IE11 links shown and an option to resume or not. I think that's a much better idea than automatically attempting to re-start everything again.

    I think though I'll do a clean install as I don't know what's in my system now and I'd like to get Windows back to the total default options.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 24,541
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       #132

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi folks
    This seems to be new on this release

    If you download a (legit) .exe file to install then the store app appears although you can also click install anyway without using the store. Not sure if it's my system though as I've done so much tinkering recently a clean install might be in order.

    cheers
    jimbo
    I seem to remember that happening before. A long time ago though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    #133

    Geez, insider builds are like hotel California, you can try to check out but can never leave. Just had to do clean install of normal 1809 because I enrolled it in insider and couldn't go back.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    #134

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi folks

    I know a lot don't like IE11 but I also noticed on this release after the updates that if I shut down windows and re-booted without having closed IE11 sessions on re-start I got in the notification area -- recent activities with the IE11 links shown and an option to resume or not. I think that's a much better idea than automatically attempting to re-start everything again.

    I think though I'll do a clean install as I don't know what's in my system now and I'd like to get Windows back to the total default options.

    Cheers
    jimbo

    I clean installed 1809, early January, after a very long time and feature updates and I have to admit, that neither I installed all the useless stuff I had previously installed (CClenear is an example, that comes to my mind) nor I tweaked Windows that much.
    That way, after resolving a couple of annoying issues in 1809, my system works just fine, it's faster and does not face any issues with drivers or updates.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    #135

    CountMike said: View Post
    Geez, insider builds are like hotel California, you can try to check out but can never leave. Just had to do clean install of normal 1809 because I enrolled it in insider and couldn't go back.
    Hotel California or a maze!. I have never tried the preview builds so far because of that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. storageman's Avatar
    Posts : 571
    Windows 10 Pro 1809 17763.379
       #136

    CountMike said: View Post
    Geez, insider builds are like hotel California, you can try to check out but can never leave. Just had to do clean install of normal 1809 because I enrolled it in insider and couldn't go back.
    I had to do the same thing to get it to stop - Clean install is the only way I knew how to get out.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 6,744
    Windows / Linux : Centos, Ubuntu, OpenSuse
       #137

    IronZorg89 said: View Post
    Hotel California or a maze!. I have never tried the preview builds so far because of that.
    Hi there

    best way to "Get out" is not to join in the first place -- simply install insider builds via UUPDUMP -- also if you don't like the build after installing just restore image before doing update / install (You do take backups don't you).

    Not necessary to join the insider program at all.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    #138

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    best way to "Get out" is not to join in the first place -- simply install insider builds via UUPDUMP -- also if you don't like the build after installing just restore image before doing update / install (You do take backups don't you).

    Not necessary to join the insider program at all.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Not necessary, of course it's not necessary but that's not the point. Once upon a time it was easier to leave Hotel California and could reinstall normal version without loosing data and installed programs, now it's not.
    I felt it was necessary to install insider version during that screw-up with 1803 to 1809 upgrade but unknown to me it enrolled me into insider ring and threw it in this loop. My other one is in Skippy ring so no surprises there.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    #139

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    Hi there

    best way to "Get out" is not to join in the first place -- simply install insider builds via UUPDUMP -- also if you don't like the build after installing just restore image before doing update / install (You do take backups don't you).

    Not necessary to join the insider program at all.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    All the intricacies, constant change of rules, let alone the inevitable bugs, made me stay away from the insider builds. Look for example this article regarding 20H1 ( I said it right 20H1, this is not a typo)

    Windows 10 20H1 Builds Changelog

    https://www.askvg.com/windows-10-20h...VG+%28AskVG%29

    and you will have a good idea of what I am talking about. Maybe, in the foreseeable future, when I have some spare time, I will give it a try on my secondary machine and used your advice about installing via UUPDUMP. About backups, I always backup basically every day, taking into account the way my backup plan is scheduled. MR + EaseUs ToDo are scheduled to backup every other day on 2 x 8 TB WD+ a 1TB Seagate portable drive for reserve copies made during the week-end or at any time I feel like it, especially after a big change, mainly an upgrade.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 2/12: Cumulative Update KB4487044 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.316 - Feb. 12 Windows Update - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4476976 Direct download links for KB4476976 MSU file from...
Microsoft has released a new Cumulative Update KB4476976 version for Windows 10 version 1809 build 17763.292 to Windows Insiders in the Release Preview ring. Release notes are not yet available from Microsoft, but this post will be updated...
UPDATE 12/19: Cumulative Update KB4483235 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.195 - Dec. 19 Windows Update - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4471332/windows-10-update-kb4471332 Direct download links for...
UPDATE 12/11: Cumulative Update KB4471332 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.194 - Dec. 11 Windows Update - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4469342 Direct download links for KB4469342 MSU file from...
UPDATE 12/5: Cumulative Update KB4469342 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.168 - Dec. 5 Windows Update - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4464455/november012018kb4464455osbuild17763107 Direct download...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:36.
Find Us