New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 18305.1003 (19H1) - Dec. 20 Insider

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
  1. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 10,473
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #300

    LEOPEVA64 said:
    Known issue.
    Attachment 218690
    Hi there

    I thought Night was for sleeping !!!!

    Well I still learn something new every day

    and Please Ms no more of those hideous voice activated apps (and to other people too please)

    The only time I want a voice app to work is if I'm watching football (the proper game with the round ball) and scream SCORE in front of the TV so the player scores a goal !!

    Cheers

    jimbo
      My Computer

  2. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,341
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #301

    My computer never sleeps, it's always on alert for new build.
      My Computers

  3. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 10,473
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #302

    Hi folks

    Mea Culpa -- My fault

    VMWARE works on the build BEFORE this one -- the 18305.1000 not this current one (the 1005 update) where although no GSOD the VM just hangs.

    I think I'll have to get used to VBOX or HYPER-V if VMWARE keeps getting broken -- I'm running a small part time hobby business which 100% needs an XP VM where I have attached some studio hardware for cutting bespoke VINYL discs. I can't run on a Linux Host as I can't get the driver to load on the VM properly as the host won't see it.
    @CountMike

    you are pretty adventurous with a lot of things -- have you tried the free version of ESXi -- I've no problem in using a laptop to communicate with the VM's as I think with the free version of Esxi you can't run the VM consoles on the machine hosting the Esxi system. With Esxi you can use a lot of the Guest's physical hardware for the VM's -- I'm also going to switch to W2K3 server for a VM as it's probably more robust than an XP VM. Same hardware drivers work.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

  4. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,341
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #303

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi folks

    Mea Culpa -- My fault

    VMWARE works on the build BEFORE this one -- the 18305.1000 not this current one (the 1005 update) where although no GSOD the VM just hangs.

    I think I'll have to get used to VBOX or HYPER-V if VMWARE keeps getting broken -- I'm running a small part time hobby business which 100% needs an XP VM where I have attached some studio hardware for cutting bespoke VINYL discs. I can't run on a Linux Host as I can't get the driver to load on the VM properly as the host won't see it.
    @CountMike

    you are pretty adventurous with a lot of things -- have you tried the free version of ESXi -- I've no problem in using a laptop to communicate with the VM's as I think with the free version of Esxi you can't run the VM consoles on the machine hosting the Esxi system. With Esxi you can use a lot of the Guest's physical hardware for the VM's -- I'm also going to switch to W2K3 server for a VM as it's probably more robust than an XP VM. Same hardware drivers work.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Where did you find 1005 ??? 1003 is latest I know of.
    I don't think I ever heard of ESXi, I'm looking at it now.
      My Computers

  5. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 10,473
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #304

    CountMike said:
    Where did you find 1005 ??? 1003 is latest I know of.
    I don't think I ever heard of ESXi, I'm looking at it now.
    @CountMike

    Typo it's 1003 of course
    Too much booze etc on Xmas day and yesterday - also a holiday. Actually free until 3rd jan so plenty of time to play with these things

    Esxi is a tiny OS so you can load it even on a small microSD card - the idea being that the VM's make the most use of the machine resources with passthru for hardware devices where required. By having a tiny Host OS you don't consume resources on the host running a full blown OS on which the VM's sit.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 282
    win 7 8 10
       #305

    LEOPEVA64 said:
    Known issue.
    Attachment 218690
    funny it usually always works then whammo it doesnt
      My Computer

  7. smactilactus's Avatar
    Posts : 606
    latest Win10 Insider build
       #306

    meebers said:
    It took several hours to have Google assistant "shut up and get off me", especially on my phone. <tin hat ON> I was getting notices about places I have been in and things that were said about a hour afterwards, the assistant is listening. <tin hat OFF> Cortana has been pretty much quiet as well. Just the way I like and I am sticking to it.
    I have NO IDEA what you did to setup your google assistant, but it was wrong, bc Google Assistant doesn't do that. I have been using GA since Google Now in 2013, and it is hands down the best virtual assistant on the market today. Cortana is absolutely pathetic next to GA. All you have to do is perform a side by side comparison of the same questions and tasks to see this is indeed the fact.
    For the record, I'm not trying to sway you to stop using Cortana, and use GA. I couldn't care less which of them other people use. I'm merely trying to help you to understand that your experience is NOTHING like the normal one for GA. It's easily the most useful VA on the market. Personally I prefer to have the most useful and efficient assistant at my whim, and without slowing down my operating system. And fyi, all of them listen to you...
      My Computer

  8. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 2,430
    Windows Insider Fast Ring LatestKUuuntu 20.10
       #307

    And what does this discussion/argument have to do with build 18305?
      My Computers

  9. smactilactus's Avatar
    Posts : 606
    latest Win10 Insider build
       #308

    jimbo45 said:
    @CountMikeTypo it's 1003 of courseToo much booze etc on Xmas day and yesterday - also a holiday. Actually free until 3rd jan so plenty of time to play with these thingsEsxi is a tiny OS so you can load it even on a small microSD card - the idea being that the VM's make the most use of the machine resources with passthru for hardware devices where required. By having a tiny Host OS you don't consume resources on the host running a full blown OS on which the VM's sit.Cheersjimbo
    I'm guessing that was also the culprit of your calling Football with the round ball, the "proper game"...

    As there's nothing proper about guys faking injuries, like they are about to die, just to get a card drawn against the other team, and then trotting off as if nothing happened. I'll take the rough and tumble American Football over that prissy crap any day of the week, and twice on Sunday!!! Lol!

    martyfelker said:
    And what does this discussion/argument have to do with build 18305?


    Cortana... Not that hard to figure.
      My Computer

  10. Fabler2's Avatar
    Posts : 2,949
    Windows 10 preview 64-bit Home
       #309

    As there's nothing proper about guys faking injuries to get a card drawn against the other team, and they trotting off as if nothing happened
    How I agree; dancing ballerinas
      My Computers


 
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums