Windows Sandbox coming to Windows Insiders in Windows 10 build 18305 Insider

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #30

    AndreTen said:
    So, where can we turn this feature on? I know, I should read TFM the manual, but don't have time...,
    1. Go to Turn Windows Features On or Off
    2. Enable Sanbox
    3. Reboot
    4. Launch Sandbox
    5. Copy over some installer to your fishy app
    6. Experiment with it
    7. Turn off Sandbox
    8. Verify your main OS is intact



    Windows Sandbox coming to Windows Insiders in Windows 10 build 18305-sandbox.png
      My Computers

  2. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 23,316
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #31

    slicendice said:
    1. Go to Turn Windows Features On or Off
    2. Enable Sanbox
    3. Reboot
    4. Launch Sandbox
    5. Copy over some installer to your fishy app
    6. Experiment with it
    7. Turn off Sandbox
    8. Verify your main OS is intact



    Windows Sandbox coming to Windows Insiders in Windows 10 build 18305-sandbox.png
    Thanks This instructions are like one of them Quests ...
      My Computers

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,311
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #32
      My Computers

  4. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 23,316
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #33

    now you post this

    btw, this is strong medicine.. double restart
      My Computers

  5. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #34

    AndreTen said:
    now you post this

    btw, this is strong medicine.. double restart
    His tutorial is quite a bit longer than mine so it took a whole lot more effort to complete it. It's a good tutorial.
      My Computers

  6. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 23,316
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #35

    slicendice said:
    His tutorial is quite a bit longer than mine so it took a whole lot more effort to complete it. It's a good tutorial.
    Always are
      My Computers

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,311
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #36

      My Computers

  8. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,102
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #37

    Just a few quick pics of my playtime in the Sandbox. It works, needs some work (it's all new). Release notes said it would churn for a while when firing it up..... 5 seconds and it was up. Guess on an HDD lower end machine, that would be true.

    Windows Sandbox coming to Windows Insiders in Windows 10 build 18305-image.jpg

    Gives itself 4GB of mem, if it can, and 8 threads (virtual, shared).
    Windows Sandbox coming to Windows Insiders in Windows 10 build 18305-image.png


    Has a bit of a problem here.

    Windows Sandbox coming to Windows Insiders in Windows 10 build 18305-image.png

    Could not find a way to activate it, so that could cause a slew of issues.

    Windows Sandbox coming to Windows Insiders in Windows 10 build 18305-image.png

    Windows Sandbox coming to Windows Insiders in Windows 10 build 18305-image.png

    And my favorite. MS said don't try anything in the Sandbox that would require restarting. They are correct!

    Tried a Restart from the Win Logo button, and.....

    Windows Sandbox coming to Windows Insiders in Windows 10 build 18305-image.png


    Clicking OK here makes Sandbox go poof!

    But it's all a WIP, not too bad for a first shot. I did install and run a Premium Trial version of MalwareBytes 3.6.1, the latest. No problems , no issues. And Firefox, ok.
      My Computers

  9. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 25,550
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       #38

    Windows 10 will have sandbox?
    I think I'll test Windows 10's updates there first!Windows Sandbox coming to Windows Insiders in Windows 10 build 18305-overclocked-too-much.gif
      My Computers

  10. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 4,644
    Windows 10 Pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.906 (Branch: Release Preview)
       #39

    Cliff S said:
    Windows 10 will have sandbox?
    I think I'll test Windows 10's updates there first!Windows Sandbox coming to Windows Insiders in Windows 10 build 18305-overclocked-too-much.gif
    You can't do that!
      My Computers


 
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums