Cumulative Update KB4471332 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.194 - Dec. 11 Win Update

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 637
    Windows 10 20H2
       #70

    I rolled back KB4471332, if I install it again, will it recreate a "Windows.old" folder?
    Last edited by rdwray; 16 Dec 2018 at 15:31.
      My Computer

  2. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 9,317
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 dev channel
       #71

    Bree said:
    It's not just emptying the recycle bin, it applies to file copying too. I actually like to see the full details. I have found that every Features Update to date has reset this to 'fewer details' meaning I had to turn 'more details' back on after each upgrade.
    That's what confused me as the update had turned 'more details' on which I'd not seen before. As I've never had a recycle bin with around 3GB of files in it. Previously most emptying of the bin just flashes past.
      My Computer

  3. mta3006's Avatar
    Posts : 956
    W10 Pro v1903
       #72

    @Bree, @DooGie,

    I like the 'more details' as well, as it gives me some feedback on USB file transfer performance.
      My Computers

  4. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 9,317
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 dev channel
       #73

    mta3006 said:
    @Bree, @DooGie,

    I like the 'more details' as well, as it gives me some feedback on USB file transfer performance.

    Yes I've turned 'more details' on now, I also prefer it
      My Computer

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,311
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #74

    rdwray said:
    I rolled back KB4471332, if I install it again, will it recreate a "Windows.old" folder?

    Hello,

    Other than when refresh or upgrade Windows 10, Windows.old for a previous version is usually only created for a new version or feature update instead.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 637
    Windows 10 20H2
       #75

    Brink said:
    Hello,

    Other than when refresh or upgrade Windows 10, Windows.old for a previous version is usually only created for a new version or feature update instead.
    Hi Brink,
    So if I reinstall KB4471332, it should recreate Windows.old, is that right? Reason I am concerned is that the next feature update may require it to be installed.
      My Computer

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,311
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #76

    rdwray said:
    Hi Brink,
    So if I reinstall KB4471332, it should recreate Windows.old, is that right? Reason I am concerned is that the next feature update may require it to be installed.

    Personally, I would recommend to create a system image instead of relying only on Windows.old.

    This way you could restore a dated system image you want as needed.

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect | Tutorials
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 637
    Windows 10 20H2
       #77

    Brink said:
    Personally, I would recommend to create a system image instead of relying only on Windows.old.

    This way you could restore a dated system image you want as needed.

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect | Tutorials
    I have a system image created with Windows "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" and a bootable "Media Creation Tool". And that brings up another question; I tried cloning a SSD to USB and had a problem because it would only boot the first time and would never boot after that - really strange, that is why I went to the image.
      My Computer

  9. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 9,317
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 dev channel
       #78

    rdwray said:
    I have a system image created with Windows "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" and a bootable "Media Creation Tool". And that brings up another question; I tried cloning a SSD to USB and had a problem because it would only boot the first time and would never boot after that - really strange, that is why I went to the image.
    As Brink said in the previous post. Macrium Reflect is the thing to use, it's far superior to Windows Backup.
      My Computer

  10. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,228
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #79

    rdwray said:
    I have a system image created with Windows "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" and a bootable "Media Creation Tool". And that brings up another question; I tried cloning a SSD to USB and had a problem because it would only boot the first time and would never boot after that - really strange, that is why I went to the image.
    Macrium Reflect will save you.... trust us. It's fast and extremely reliable!!!!
      My Computer


 
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums