New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast + Skip Build 18298 (19H1) -Dec. 10 Insider

Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
  1. AndreTen's Avatar
    Posts : 23,382
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #260

    JsnRoy said:
    Hello all,

    New, but wanted to chime in and say im having the exact same issues as @emilcioran99 to the letter. Different machine but also semi new hardware. I have spent several days uninstalled / reinstalling trying various methods listed in here to no avail also. Rolled back to 18290 as well. Want to thank everyone in the thread for their input.

    Tried to PM you @emilcioran99 but i need to be registered for a few days. Reach out if you read this.

    Cheers, Jason.


    Sorry if this shows up double, I didnt notice the Mod approval needed.
    So, you got it fixed?
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 2
    Win 10
       #261

    Sadly no, no matter what ive tried in this thread and others. Im going to just run 18290 in hope a fix is in the works.

    Edit : a number
      My Computer

  3. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,015
    Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.928
       #262

    JsnRoy said:
    Hello all,

    New, but wanted to chime in and say im having the exact same issues as @emilcioran99 to the letter. Different machine but also semi new hardware. I have spent several days uninstalled / reinstalling trying various methods listed in here to no avail also. Rolled back to 18290 as well. Want to thank everyone in the thread for their input.

    Tried to PM you @emilcioran99 but i need to be registered for a few days. Reach out if you read this.

    Cheers, Jason.


    Sorry if this shows up double, I didnt notice the Mod approval needed.
    Welcome to TenForums, JsnRoy.
      My Computer

  4. emilcioran99's Avatar
    Posts : 192
    3 x Win10 Pro x 64
       #263

    JsnRoy said:
    Sadly no, no matter what ive tried in this thread and others. Im going to just run 18290 in hope a fix is in the works.
    Welcome to TenForums @JsnRoy!

    Since the 18298 is installed first time and broke my sound, I was trying day by day to get my sound back.
    Tried my ideas, tried others (thanks @Wynona and @AndreTen ) but didn't get the sound back.

    The only thing I didn't try is to clean install 18290 (without installing any drivers) and installed over this, the 18298 build to see if the problem is in 18298 or in one/more drivers installed allready in 18290 but I'm tired to work day by day to this...

    Reverted to 18290 and waiting for M$ to launch a new build to see if the sound gets back.
    Last edited by emilcioran99; 16 Dec 2018 at 02:54.
      My Computer

  5. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,015
    Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.928
       #264

    emilcioran99 said:
    Welcome to TenForums @JsnRoy!

    Since the 18298 is installed first time and broke my sound, I was trying day by day to get my sound back.
    Tried my ideas, tried others (thanks @Wynona and @AndreTen ) but didn't get the sound back.

    The only thing I didn't try is to clean install 18290 (without installing any drivers) and installed over this, the 18298 build to see if the problem is in 18298 or in one/more drivers installed allready in 18290 but I'm tired to work day by day to this...

    Reverted to 18290 and waiting for M$ to launch a new build to see if the sound gets back.
    Probably your smartest move, emilcioran99. If I hadn't decided on a whim to try Andre's replacement of the High Definition Audio CODEC, which worked, I'd have stopped and reverted to Build 18290 too. You've gone above and beyond with this problem, as has Keith (Kado) and probably some others who may not have posted.
      My Computer

  6. rseiler's Avatar
    Posts : 287
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (Insider)
       #265

    Came back to the PC today, and it was in some sort of hung state--nothing to see on the monitor at all except the backlight, and no keys had any effect.

    So I was forced to cold boot. And now the Start menu tiles have been reset, which is not something that I've seen happen before, even after cold boots (which I don't have to do often at all, but I have done them before in various circumstances).

    I guess I should back up the menu once it's re-established, but it never occurred to me before that the menu was so delicate.
      My Computer

  7. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 2,440
    Windows Insider Fast Ring LatestKUuuntu 20.10
       #266

    The one third party program I like to use is Start10. I can play around with the start menu as much as I like and then return to sanity.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 148
    windows 10 rs3
       #267

    The modern start menu is one of the ever changing and buggy features of windows, constantly improved upon in insider builds, that's why I skip it entirely and never ever use it. Open shell(classic shell) in legacy style and forget about it.


    @rseiler:
    by any chance an nvidia gpu using slightly outdated drivers? It was recently a bug that prevented the monitor to come back once asleep.
      My Computer

  9. smactilactus's Avatar
    Posts : 606
    latest Win10 Insider build
       #268

    The changes to the start menu is probably the thing I like most in Win10. I believe it is the best start menu EVER in the Windows operating system history. That is the least problematic thing in all of windows, IMHO. My biggest problem with Windows now, is the simpleton icons that look like they were made in the eighties, the complete lack of customization in this operating system and them putting features out there only to take them back a few builds later (Sets).
      My Computer

  10. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 2,440
    Windows Insider Fast Ring LatestKUuuntu 20.10
       #269

    My experience is the complete opposite @smartlacutus The Windows 8 and particularly the Windows 10 Statrt Menu I find very disagreeable thus I spent 10 bucks for Star8 and Start10. I was buying shareware from Stardock when they only has OS/2 software. That would be almost 25 years ago.
      My Computers


 
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums