Cumulative Update KB4469342 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.168 - Dec. 5 Win Update

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,104
    win 10 pro x64 os build 20H2
       #80

    Brink said:
    Ah, you have version 1803 below installed. This is for 1809 instead.

    Cumulative Update KB4467682 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.441 - Nov. 27 Windows Update - Windows 10 Forums

    Since you don't have 1809 yet, you might check below to see if you may be affected by one of the upgrade blocks.

    Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 Now Re-Released - Windows 10 Forums

    ahh makes since i do have this one allready installed have to run out for a bit will check the update block list in a few have a great day brink.
      My Computer

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,354
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #81

    Tonyb said:
    ahh makes since i do have this one allready installed have to run out for a bit will check the update block list in a few have a great day brink.
      My Computers

  3. HRPuffnstuff's Avatar
    Posts : 503
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #82

    Now I'm seeing the preview CU and adobe updates which didn't come with the build update.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 595
    Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
       #83

    It failed the first time for me. I re-booted and tried it again and this time it only offered me the framework preview. It installed that and then told me to restart. After the restart I checked again and it offered me the update which it downloaded and installed followed by another re-start. Everything looks OK now.

    As for the Nvidia hotfix 417.21, I already had 417.22 installed.
      My Computer

  5. rezpower's Avatar
    Posts : 324
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #84

    So time for jump from 1803 to 1809 clean install or wait for next Cumulative Update?
    getting impatient for my yearly clean system :)
      My Computer

  6. Comp Cmndo's Avatar
    Posts : 376
    Windows 10-Pro 64bit
       #85

    Desktop & 32-bit (x86) tablet updated via WU. 2 done, 4 more to go.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 1,868
    W10 pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.610
       #86

    LEOPEVA64 said:
    According to the changelog, it's fixed:
    Attachment 216356

    I was looking at the changelog of the previous public CU (KB4467708) and there Microsoft doesn't say that they have fixed the problem of brightness.
    Thanks, this was something I thought I remembered reading in one of the posts on here (TF) that the brightness had been fixed... fingers crossed it has been now

    kado897 said:
    It failed because a Servicing Stack Update was needed first. For some reason Servicing Stack Updates never show in the history. This also happened in the Release Preview when .168 and earlier releases went in.
    IronZorg89 said:
    I am exactly in the same boat. For some weird reasons, the last 4 or five times I had tried to install a CU on my main machine, it would also fail the first time around with the infamous message at reboot: " We could not install the update. Undoing changes. Please don't turn off your computer". Right after, I troubleshooted WU and no problem was found. I ran dism….restorehealth, reset WU with the help of Brink's tutorial, downloaded the standalone MSU from the MS Update Catalog to finally get it (KB4469342) installed. Everything went smooth though on my second machine which is way older.

    Attachment 216366


    Glad to know that. Is there a way to find out which service stack is already installed, since it doesn't show in the update history?. Furthermore, if a service stack is missing, ain't MS supposed to install it first before the CU?
    I'd like to know more about this service stack thing as well. When these updates fail to install, all I know about it is the 'Failed to install' tag in update history. The update in question then automatically installs successfully without any intervention.

    If I get the updates from the catalogue (having reverted back with a disk image) they always install without any bother. Does installing them that way not need this Service Stack ?
      My Computer

  8. IronZorg89's Avatar
    Posts : 2,253
    Windows 10 pro x64-bit
       #87

    Mooly said:
    I'd like to know more about this service stack thing as well. When these updates fail to install, all I know about it is the 'Failed to install' tag in update history. The update in question then automatically installs successfully without any intervention.

    If I get the updates from the catalogue (having reverted back with a disk image) they always install without any bother. Does installing them that way not need this Service Stack ?
    Whether you install a CU after checking for Windows Updates or directly from the MS Update Catalog, you still have to install a SSU if needed. One of MS's recommendations sometimes is to install a SSU before the CU; otherwise, it will fail. With regard to knowing your SSU history, you have to go to Control Panel according to @Bree post #66 and @Purify post #64
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 1,104
    win 10 pro x64 os build 20H2
       #88

    i don't have any of the update hold backs so why am i not seeing this ??
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,868
    W10 pro x64 20H2 Build 19042.610
       #89

    IronZorg89 said:
    Whether you install a CU after checking for Windows Updates or directly from the MS Update Catalog, you still have to install a SSU if needed. One of MS's recommendations sometimes is to install a SSU before the CU; otherwise, it will fail. With regard to knowing your SSU history, you have to go to Control Panel according to @Bree post #66 and @Purify post #64
    Thanks for that. All I see are todays three updates, the .net, Adobe and the CU.

    (I'm out of time today but this is something I'd like to understand better for next time)

    Cumulative Update KB4469342 Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.168 - Dec. 5-annotation-2018-12-06-203428.png
      My Computer


 
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums