KB4465065 Intel Microcode Updates for Windows 10 v1809 - Sept. 26 Win Update

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Scottyboy99's Avatar
    Posts : 2,259
    Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)
       #60

    I donít get why these are not pushed automatically via windows update, as millions will either be unaware or not in the habit of manually installing things like this
      My Computer

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,311
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #61

    KB4465065 Intel Microcode Updated. See first post for more details.
    Last edited by Brink; 10 Apr 2019 at 09:48.
      My Computers

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,311
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #62

    JenyJ said:
    New update V3 9/4 Microsoft Update Catalog Not sure if it has something to do with Intel Microprocessor Memory Mapping Vulnerability Advisory - April 9 - Windows 10 Forums

    O wait, it says 9/4 but downloading the same old file ??? is that normal?

    Hello Jeny,

    It's the same old file download link, but the file itself has been updated on 9/4. This way folks will get the latest version from the same link.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 595
    Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
       #63

    Ztruker said:
    Looks like it should apply to my old 4th gen i7-4770 but when I check for updates it's not there and it hasn't already been installed.

    Do I need to download and install this from MUC if I want it (which I'm not sure I do).
    Short answer, yes. I have the I7-4770k and I went from revision 0x24 to 0x25. I can sleep better at night now.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Home
       #64

    Hi I wonder if you can help me. My processor is an Intel Celeron N3050 and the CPUID according to the Intel Processor Identity utility, (and Spectre), is a 406C3. The list on this update shows it as a 406C4? I understand that there have been some other similar mistakes on this list?. The 406C3 appears further down the page. Is it safe for me to download and install this update? Thank you.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 111
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
       #65

    Brink said:
    Hello Jeny,

    It's the same old file download link, but the file itself has been updated on 9/4. This way folks will get the latest version from the same link.
    The file is signed in February and download dialog shows:

    2019-02 Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4465065)


    I think Microsoft didn't link the new file
      My Computer

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,311
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #66

    JenyJ said:
    The file is signed in February and download dialog shows:

    2019-02 Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4465065)


    I think Microsoft didn't link the new file
    Odd. It shows this below in the Microsoft Update Catalog.

    KB4465065 Intel Microcode Updates for Windows 10 v1809 - Sept. 26-muc.jpg
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 111
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
       #67

    drinia said:
    Hi I wonder if you can help me. My processor is an Intel Celeron N3050 and the CPUID according to the Intel Processor Identity utility, (and Spectre), is a 406C3. The list on this update shows it as a 406C4? I understand that there have been some other similar mistakes on this list?. The 406C3 appears further down the page. Is it safe for me to download and install this update? Thank you.
    Just update already, it is an update for a file contains the microcode for all Intel CPUs, there is nothing to lose.

    The file is mcupdate_GenuineIntel.dll and you can find it in the system32 folder.

    Your CPU is already there, so don't worry
      My Computer

  9. Guitarmageddon's Avatar
    Posts : 87
    Windows 10 home
       #68

    So I downloaded this updated manually for the first time at last revision, so its already "installed." I dont think I have new microcode in this one, but I just downloaded anyway and tried to install, but it gave me an error and said this update was already installed on this computer. So if you do have a microcode revision, do you have to uninstall this update and reinstall the same one?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 193
    Win 10
       #69

    Guitarmageddon said:
    So I downloaded this updated manually for the first time at last revision, so its already "installed." I dont think I have new microcode in this one, but I just downloaded anyway and tried to install, but it gave me an error and said this update was already installed on this computer. So if you do have a microcode revision, do you have to uninstall this update and reinstall the same one?
    I got the same thing, said already installed and I did mine about 2 months ago.
    One thing to note my microcode didn't increase in this update listing, so maybe that is issue but I would think it would just overwrite the file.
      My Computer


 
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:09.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums