Cumulative Update KB4467682 Windows 10 v1803 Build 17134.441 - Nov. 27 Win Update

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. swarfega's Avatar
    Posts : 7,104
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #30

    Thanks @Bree.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 21
    Windows 10
       #31

    Hello guys!Today I got the update on my Desktop(by checking for updates).But I saw a lot of people complaining about BSOD's after this update was installed.I haven't seen a problem yet in my PC.Does the BSOD affected only the Surface laptops or other users also experienced BSOD?Am I on the clear because I'm little nervous about it.
      My Computer

  3. Phone Man's Avatar
    Posts : 1,315
    Windows 10 Pro 1909 64 bit
       #32

    Jigsaw99 said:
    Hello guys!Today I got the update on my Desktop(by checking for updates).But I saw a lot of people complaining about BSOD's after this update was installed.I haven't seen a problem yet in my PC.Does the BSOD affected only the Surface laptops or other users also experienced BSOD?Am I on the clear because I'm little nervous about it.
    Go to 1st post on this thread and read the Known Issues. It was updated yesterday for this problem.

    I installed it on Nov 28 on 3 systems with no problems.

    Jim
      My Computer

  4. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,456
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21364
    Thread Starter
       #33

    Update from Microsoft for KB4467682:

    As a precaution, we have removed this optional update from Windows Update and Window Catalog to protect customers. Fixes and improvements will be available in the December 2018 security update release and will include a resolution for this issue.
      My Computers

  5. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 2,031
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 build 19042.685
       #34

    Brink said:
    Update from Microsoft for KB4467682:

    As a precaution, we have removed this optional update from Windows Update and Window Catalog to protect customers. Fixes and improvements will be available in the December 2018 security update release and will include a resolution for this issue.
    "After installing this optional update some users have reported getting a blue or black screen with error code, “System thread exception not handled.”

    I experienced that problem (or one similar), whenever I started session, a black screen appeared before the lockscreen, when I pressed a key, another black screen appeared and then the login screen, after typing my pin, another black screen appeared, I uninstalled this CU and the problem was fixed, precisely a few hours ago I had mentioned this.
    Last edited by LEOPEVA64; 07 Dec 2018 at 11:50.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,375
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       #35

    there were other problems found with the KB4467682 update, such as breaking custom start menus

    https://borncity.com/win/2018/12/07/...om-start-menu/
      My Computers

  7. Phone Man's Avatar
    Posts : 1,315
    Windows 10 Pro 1909 64 bit
       #36

    I decided to stay on 1803 when 1809 was pulled because of problems.

    Now the last 1803 update has been pulled because of problems.

    As Sgt Highway said " It's a cluster F---"

    Jim
      My Computer

  8. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,456
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21364
    Thread Starter
       #37

    New known issue added to KB4467682 release notes in first post for Windows 10 version 1803 build 17134.441.

    Symptom Workaround
    After installing this update some users with custom Start menu layouts may see them displayed incorrectly. Microsoft is working on a resolution and estimates a solution will be available mid-December 2018.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 1,104
    win 10 pro x64 os build 20H2
       #38

    so what if you have this update but have not had any of these issues ?? should i leave it installed?
      My Computer

  10. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,456
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21364
    Thread Starter
       #39

    Tonyb said:
    so what if you have this update but have not had any of these issues ?? should i leave it installed?
    Hello Tony,

    If you don't have any issues, it should be fine to keep installed.

    I would always recommend to keep an image backup just to be safe though.
      My Computers


 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:25.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums