KB4469342 Windows 10 Insider RP v1809 Build 17763.165 - Nov. 16 Insider

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,014
    Windows10
       #30

    Josey Wales said:
    This Build was not the best one that MS has ever released. How many times was it pulled? Over a Month with no word from MS..="Too Much".. I was not referring to the article.
    It was only pulled once!
      My Computer

  2. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,522
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #31

    cereberus said:
    It was only pulled paused once!
    There. I corrected it for you.
      My Computer

  3. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 9,332
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 dev channel
       #32

    I don't see anything wrong with MS releasing this CU to the RP Ring, for my money there are still a few issues with version 1809 and MS are taking the correct route by releasing a CU to the RP Ring prior to pushing it out on general release. One of the big things that came out of the problems with 1809 was the question "Why did MS not bother releasing it to the RP Ring prior to general release." Personally I think they've made the right move.
      My Computer

  4. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,522
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #33

    DooGie said:
    I don't see anything wrong with MS releasing this CU to the RP Ring, for my money there are still a few issues with version 1809 and MS are taking the correct route by releasing a CU to the RP Ring prior to pushing it out on general release. One of the big things that came out of the problems with 1809 was the question "Why did MS not bother releasing it to the RP Ring prior to general release." Personally I think they've made the right move.
    Agree it should be released to RP first. No announcement or release notes is not acceptable.
      My Computer

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,195
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #34

    DooGie said:
    I don't see anything wrong with MS releasing this CU to the RP Ring, for my money there are still a few issues with version 1809 and MS are taking the correct route by releasing a CU to the RP Ring prior to pushing it out on general release. One of the big things that came out of the problems with 1809 was the question "Why did MS not bother releasing it to the RP Ring prior to general release." Personally I think they've made the right move.
    I do , too, Doogie. Nothing wrong at all with a final dress rehearsal before opening night. Wise tactic. I, too, believe they are taking to heart the results and ramifications of "skipping" RP with the first release of 1809.
      My Computers

  6. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 9,332
    Wndows 10 Pro x64 dev channel
       #35

    kado897 said:
    Agree it should be released to RP first. No announcement or release notes is not acceptable.
    I totally agree keith, release notes should be mandatory.
      My Computer

  7. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,758
    Win 10 Pro 19043.928
       #36

    kado897 said:
    Agree it should be released to RP first. No announcement or release notes is not acceptable.
    They need to keep their users informed and not left in the dark.
      My Computer

  8. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,014
    Windows10
       #37

    kado897 said:
    There. I corrected it for you.
    Semantics!
      My Computer

  9. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 10,489
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #38

    DooGie said:
    I totally agree keith, release notes should be mandatory.
    Hi there
    that's as maybe but would or do most people actually read these things and if yes then do they actually take any notice of what's in the doucument.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,195
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #39

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there
    that's as maybe but would or do most people actually read these things and if yes then do they actually take any notice of what's in the doucument.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Most people, no. Most people don't know what release notes are. Most people wouldn't even know they got and update. To them it's just an annoyance to make them stop Facebook or whatever and make the laptop do something. Release notes are only important for those who are curious about what has happened and if a nagging bug has been fixed.
      My Computers


 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:18.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums